The East Fife Thread

On 28/08/2019 at 14:59, Cambuslang Fifer said:

What about the lad that went to montrose from hearts and scored a few against us.. Henderson was the name? I doubt any we've named will be ahead of Washington, naismith and the big guy who Dunlop and higgy had in his pocket or ask churchy about Jack aitchison's availability? Did have a bizzare loan spell at Dumbarton one season ago.

Steven boyd now released by Hamilton I'm sure he had a loan spell at albion when DY was about at Cliftonhill? 2016 scoring 5 in 15 on loan there would be a coup from a free agent signing in sure plenty others will look at his cv for a striker without a club. 

Screenshot_20190828_151219_com.android.chrome.jpg

Well done for those that took my research seriously thank you.

Hats off to everyone.... I love this club!!!!!!!!!!!!

16 minutes ago, ewan_fife said:

Some research Wikipedia is emoji23.png who knows what would’ve happened If u didn’t post that

yeah the wiki has just about everything so Might have missed out on a free agent fae the premier league as a suggestion, hopefully Duggan is ok and can recovers in the future but having five good strikers in the book is great in terms of numbers/bodies in final third.

No. 18 then we can assume???
1. Brett Long
2. Aaron Dunsmore
3. Chris Higgins
4. Stewart Murdoch
5. Ross Dunlop
6. Craig Watson
7. Danny Denholm
8. Pat Slattery
9. Ryan Wallace
10. Kevin Smith
11. Scott Agnew
12. Lewis Hunter
14. Liam Watt
15. Anton Dowds
16. Ross Davidson
17. Chris Duggan
18. Steven Boyd
19. Daniel Church
20. Kyle Bell
21. Jordan Hart

1. Brett Long
2. Aaron Dunsmore
3. Chris Higgins
4. Stewart Murdoch
5. Ross Dunlop
6. Craig Watson
7. Danny Denholm
8. Pat Slattery
9. Ryan Wallace
10. Kevin Smith
11. Scott Agnew
12. Lewis Hunter
14. Liam Watt
15. Anton Dowds
16. Ross Davidson
17. Chris Duggan
18. Steven Boyd
19. Daniel Church
20. Kyle Bell
21. Jordan Hart

That is some team!!

10 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:
33 minutes ago, King Kebab said:
1. Brett Long
2. Aaron Dunsmore
3. Chris Higgins
4. Stewart Murdoch
5. Ross Dunlop
6. Craig Watson
7. Danny Denholm
8. Pat Slattery
9. Ryan Wallace
10. Kevin Smith
11. Scott Agnew
12. Lewis Hunter
14. Liam Watt
15. Anton Dowds
16. Ross Davidson
17. Chris Duggan
18. Steven Boyd
19. Daniel Church
20. Kyle Bell
21. Jordan Hart

That is some team!!

See what you did there!!!😉

Mind, you can only play 11 at the one time!!!

Boyd seems like a decent signing, but it's difficult to see how it'll work out, he's had a stop start career so far but hopefully he can get some games under his belt and we can rotate the strikers a bit more, Wallace and Tonks have been insanely good but a bit of rotation can't but help. Does make me wonder about Kev and Duggan though. 

2 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Boyd seems like a decent signing, but it's difficult to see how it'll work out, he's had a stop start career so far but hopefully he can get some games under his belt and we can rotate the strikers a bit more, Wallace and Tonks have been insanely good but a bit of rotation can't but help. Does make me wonder about Kev and Duggan though. 

Perhaps rotation, perhaps an option from the bench, we’ve not had an out and out striker to bring on, who isn’t one of the U20’s for a few weeks now!!!

And for as long as we’re winning you know DY won’t dick around with the starting 11!!!

1 minute ago, King Kebab said:

Perhaps rotation, perhaps an option from the bench, we’ve not had an out and out striker to bring on, who isn’t one of the U20’s for a few weeks now!!!

And for as long as we’re winning you know DY won’t dick around with the starting 11!!!

Agreed, although I will not stop asking for Brett in goals #BringBackBrett #BBB 

With 10 day's left to bring player in i wonder if we will see a central defender come in on loan

Still feel we could be caught short there if Higgins or Dunlop pick up injuries and suspensions with only really Janny as the other option in there
Janny,
Murdoch,
Maybe church,
Under 20s guys,
Sure Lewis Hunter would fit in there very well

21 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Dowds and Wallace are undroppable at the moment, but we have to have another option on the bench so its a really good signing. The boy has obviously got quality and is needing somewhere to get his career back on track. If he can fire in some goals which can get us up that is fine by me. 

Hope Kyle is back soon, tough to see him out after only two games of pre season. 

With 10 day's left to bring player in i wonder if we will see a central defender come in on loan

Still feel we could be caught short there if Higgins or Dunlop pick up injuries and suspensions with only really Janny as the other option in there

Janny,

Murdoch,

Maybe church,

Under 20s guys,

Sure Lewis Hunter would fit in there very well

^^^this???

Our Squad is built around players who can cover positions with the least amount of disruption, If Higgy or Dunlop get injured Janny fills in, if we lose both, Murdoch drops in and Dunsy moves back, Denholm or Watt then fill in his position, if we lose Davidson, #PatSlat goes there and Church goes to LB, at our level it’s about having players who can fill in in other positions, we’re even sorted up front IF Duggan and King Kev we’re fit, but with the signing of Boyd we should be sorted there as well!!!

As Big Fifer said a few days ago the only player we have who we pull seriously struggle without is Aggy, there is nobody who can really replace him in the  squad, perhaps the next loan deal would in fact be for a central midfielder!!!

9 hours ago, TxRover said:

Potentially a very nice signing, and certainly a sign that Dugan is further away from return than was believed, in my opinion.  Certainly suggests the Board at EF is all in for this season, as I doubt this was a budget signing.

Getting out the League Cup Group and getting a wee TV slot vs Rangers would have given us enough cash to cover Boyd's signing and still have a decent chunk of change, I'd have thought.

I'd be shocked if we're breaking the bank for Boyd and/or fucking about with the wage structure, we'll have had the extra cash from the League cup and of course the added fact that this board know what they're doing. 

ETA - I like to think that my managers fund contribution made this happen so you are all so goddamn welcome x

Edited by Big Fifer

1 hour ago, Big Fifer said:

I'd be shocked if we're breaking the bank for Boyd and/or fucking about with the wage structure, we'll have had the extra cash from the League cup and of course the added fact that this board know what they're doing. 

ETA - I like to think that my managers fund contribution made this happen so you are all so goddamn welcome x

Certainly agree with you there, but again, I doubt they signed him for a packet of chips and some lint. Looks like a pretty clear sign that the BoD feel this season is worth pushing some chips in.

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Certainly agree with you there, but again, I doubt they signed him for a packet of chips and some lint. Looks like a pretty clear sign that the BoD feel this season is worth pushing some chips in.

Perhaps, but as above, it maybe says more about the Smith/Duggan injuries also as we've been running with U20's strikers on the bench the past few weeks as back up. Also the announcement was made on twitter and not on the official site, so no idea what terms and how long Boyd is signed up for!