The East Fife Thread

9 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Need to remember that the social media is done by external folk too who might not be in regular contact with said injured player each time... So they may be in the dark as the rest

Fair! 

That's Rory Currie away to Forfar.

Fair!  That's Rory Currie away to Forfar.

As stated previously, how???

Is he no longer a Development Squad player???

2 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

I agree partially, but I think it was addressed last year, the club doesn't want to release anything saying Chris will be out for x amount of matches, or x months etc as it lets opponents know when he'll be back. A wee update on the fact there was an injury might be OK mind. 

^^^^^^^

Exactly this, applies to all teams. Keep the opposition guessing as far and long as possible. Ahemmm....but now WE know  ;)

What do you mean how?

I mean as a Development Squad Loanee has to progress through the Leagues during his Loan periods!!!
We had Jason Kerr from St Johnstone when we were in League Two, we got promoted and were able to sign him again for the following season in League One, we weren’t allowed to re-sign him for the following season as we were still in League One and so he got Loaned out to Queen if the South in the Championship, the same thing happened with James Penrice, we had him in League One and he got loaned out the following season to Livingston in the Championship!!!
Just wondering how Currie is allowed to return to the same League he was loaned out too last season!!!

It's up to the club.
They can do it progressively year on year moving up a level if the player and the clubs allow this but if a player only gets offers from same league they can still let them out.

The term Development loan means they can still play for parent club in youth games too and aren't limited to the one club they are on loan to rather than developing year on year :)

I mean as a Development Squad Loanee has to progress through the Leagues during his Loan periods!!!
We had Jason Kerr from St Johnstone when we were in League Two, we got promoted and were able to sign him again for the following season in League One, we weren’t allowed to re-sign him for the following season as we were still in League One and so he got Loaned out to Queen if the South in the Championship, the same thing happened with James Penrice, we had him in League One and he got loaned out the following season to Livingston in the Championship!!!
Just wondering how Currie is allowed to return to the same League he was loaned out too last season!!!

It's up to the club.
They can do it progressively year on year moving up a level if the player and the clubs allow this but if a player only gets offers from same league they can still let them out.

The term Development loan means they can still play for parent club in youth games too and aren't limited to the one club they are on loan to rather than developing year on year default_smile.png

Fair enough, I know what a Development Loan is Scott, but I did think that the League Progression part was a rule rather than a whim!!!

Hahaha sorry just stating what it is. The league progression part is up to the clubs if they want to do that. They don't need to do it at all. The whole point in the development loan being brought in was to ideally have these guys getting lots of match gametime for both a professional team and for the youth system they are in.

Fair enough, I know what a Development Loan is Scott, but I did think that the League Progression part was a rule rather than a whim!!!

It's up to the club.

The term Development loan means they can still play for parent club in youth games too and aren't limited to the one club they are on loan to rather than developing year on year default_smile.png
No such thing as a Development Loan anymore. Any player on loan can also play for the parent club, as long as it's not in a first team game.

13 hours ago, Another The Other Chairman said:

Bit of a red face having a foreigner come on to explain development loans. When I read the previous posts I thought I was learning from the experts. Disillusioned to say the least.

^^^ reported for xenophobia!!!

And surely an expert wouldn’t be looking for clarification on a topic, he would already know???

Red face indeed!!!

20 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Have you just made this up?

30 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

You must be one of the only people bothered by that result. We got a cup run in a bigger more lucrative cup. I'll settle for that emoji23.png

I don't recall saying I was bothered about it.I merely stated a fact as you did.