The East Fife Thread

57 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Is that FT?

Yeah final Score was 3-0!!!

The team was;

Long, Laird, Lamont, Mathieson, Wilkinson, Watson, Denholm, Allan, Duggan, Smith, Elliott

Subs | A Davidson, Dewar, Horsburgh, Healy, Sloan

So it was mainly the U20’s side with the guys who haven’t played a League game yet, (Long, Janny and King Kev) along with our main two subs Duggan and Denholm!!!

Don’t know why Duggan was risked in a needless game like this with his injury record and with Kev also going off at halftime it looks like Tonks and Wallace will be playing the full ninety for the foreseeable future!!!

Yeah final Score was 3-0!!!
The team was;
Long, Laird, Lamont, Mathieson, Wilkinson, Watson, Denholm, Allan, Duggan, Smith, Elliott
Subs | A Davidson, Dewar, Horsburgh, Healy, Sloan
So it was mainly the U20’s side with the guys who haven’t played a League game yet, (Long, Janny and King Kev) along with our main two subs Duggan and Denholm!!!
Don’t know why Duggan was risked in a needless game like this with his injury record and with Kev also going off at halftime it looks like Tonks and Wallace will be playing the full ninety for the foreseeable future!!!

If I was Darren Young, I’d be contacting Gary Naysmith at Hearts and see if he can do us a favour by giving us Aiden Keena on loan till January.

If I was Darren Young, I’d be contacting Gary Naysmith at Hearts and see if he can do us a favour by giving us Aiden Keena on loan till January.

Two options if Duggan is out for the long term, either bring in another loan such as Keena but I wouldn’t mind seeing Rory Currie back. Potentially get ourselves in front of Forfar getting him.
Or we rely on one of the u-20s

If Duggan and Smith are both out long term it certainly leaves us a little light upfront. Could probably do with another option as only having 2 recognised fit strikers isn’t really great unless of course there is anyone from the youth team capable of stepping up.

Few of the young guys would defo be good enough to step up and help when needed.
Hopefully there is money available in the budget to bring Keena in because if we got him to bang in the goals we could potentially push ourselves right up the table

If Duggan and Smith are both out long term it certainly leaves us a little light upfront. Could probably do with another option as only having 2 recognised fit strikers isn’t really great unless of course there is anyone from the youth team capable of stepping up.

Not going to blame DY for playing Duggan in this game, as the weeks are going on it's become apparent we were gonna run with Tonks and Wallace as our front two, Duggan has to get game time somewhere to keep his fitness up. Still, an absolute shitter that he's injured. Unless we sign someone else on loan it might force us into a change of shape with one striker being dropped and us playing more of a 4-4-1-1 with Agnew as the 1. 

As has been said Keena would be excellent but I reckon he'll want to challenge himself at the championship again if anything. Worth a stab mind!

If Keena was unavailable who would people potentially like the club to bring in...

I wouldn't mind Armstrong Oko Flex from celtic. Purely cause I did on FM and then signed him and sold him for 18m down south after a prolific season in the Premiership after getting 42 goals in the championship with an ageing Trouten (57 Goals) and Dowds0(33 Goals) [emoji23]

4 hours ago, lukejoaitken said:

Two options if Duggan is out for the long term, either bring in another loan such as Keena but I wouldn’t mind seeing Rory Currie back. Potentially get ourselves in front of Forfar getting him.
Or we rely on one of the u-20s

Would be surprised at RC19 coming back and I would be further surprised to see him rock up at Forfar!!!

Thought the way with the Development Loan Signings that it was a season at one level and a season at the next level up, that was the reason we couldn’t get Jason Kerr for a Third season as he had to play in the Championship/next level up for that season!!!

10 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Would be surprised at RC19 coming back and I would be further surprised to see him rock up at Forfar!!!

Thought the way with the Development Loan Signings that it was a season at one level and a season at the next level up, that was the reason we couldn’t get Jason Kerr for a Third season as he had to play in the Championship/next level up for that season!!!

It's looking likely that is where he is going, pretty sure there was an article in the courier or one of the angus papers that had said they were finalising or in talks

39 minutes ago, lukejoaitken said:

It's looking likely that is where he is going, pretty sure there was an article in the courier or one of the angus papers that had said they were finalising or in talks

So have the rules change or did St. Johnstone just do us out of another season of Kerzo, tractor driving b*****ds that they are???

5 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

If Keena was unavailable who would people potentially like the club to bring in...

I wouldn't mind Armstrong Oko Flex from celtic. Purely cause I did on FM and then signed him and sold him for 18m down south after a prolific season in the Premiership after getting 42 goals in the championship with an ageing Trouten (57 Goals) and Dowds0(33 Goals) emoji23.png

What about the lad that went to montrose from hearts and scored a few against us.. Henderson was the name? I doubt any we've named will be ahead of Washington, naismith and the big guy who Dunlop and higgy had in his pocket or ask churchy about Jack aitchison's availability? Did have a bizzare loan spell at Dumbarton one season ago.

Steven boyd now released by Hamilton I'm sure he had a loan spell at albion when DY was about at Cliftonhill? 2016 scoring 5 in 15 on loan there would be a coup from a free agent signing in sure plenty others will look at his cv for a striker without a club. 

Screenshot_20190828_151219_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

Have we had any word on Duggan officially? What was the injury? Neither of the twitter accounts reported him being subbed, where's this rumour come from apart from one post a few pages back? 

There was a story on his Instagram with a his leg in a boot at the hospital on Tuesday night. He’ll definitely be out for a while.

2 minutes ago, lukejoaitken said:

There was a story on his Instagram with a his leg in a boot at the hospital on Tuesday night. He’ll definitely be out for a while.

Aiiiight. Guess I'll accept that as proof! Loan striker required IMVHO. 

Aiiiight. Guess I'll accept that as proof! Loan striker required IMVHO. 

I’ve always said that the club needs to improve on this side of social media. There is no point in the club being quiet about an injury if a players posts a picture on their own social media which they have every right to do, fans just get left in the dark. And yeah we do need another striker brought, hopefully it’s something we are addressing.

6 minutes ago, lukejoaitken said:

I’ve always said that the club needs to improve on this side of social media. There is no point in the club being quiet about an injury if a players posts a picture on their own social media which they have every right to do, fans just get left in the dark. And yeah we do need another striker brought, hopefully it’s something we are addressing.

I agree partially, but I think it was addressed last year, the club doesn't want to release anything saying Chris will be out for x amount of matches, or x months etc as it lets opponents know when he'll be back. A wee update on the fact there was an injury might be OK mind. 

Need to remember that the social media is done by external folk too who might not be in regular contact with said injured player each time... So they may be in the dark as the rest

I agree partially, but I think it was addressed last year, the club doesn't want to release anything saying Chris will be out for x amount of matches, or x months etc as it lets opponents know when he'll be back. A wee update on the fact there was an injury might be OK mind.