The East Fife Thread

1 hour ago, ewan_fife said:

IMG_2802.jpg it’s started !!

The Club should be taking contact details from the people buying from the general sale so that the police can pay them a wee visit when their mates are chucked out from the seats they have bought tickets for them for!!!

Hoping the police/security don’t **** the bed with rangers fans in the home end like last time. Absolute worse people to live 15 mins from the ground and support a team in Glasgow [emoji23] you wonder why small clubs struggle to survive at times

Hoping the police/security don’t **** the bed with rangers fans in the home end like last time. Absolute worse people to live 15 mins from the ground and support a team in Glasgow [emoji23] you wonder why small clubs struggle to survive at times

Security at the gate should be searching people, anybody found in Rangers colours or with scarfs in their handbags, like that fat bitch begging for tickets on Twitter should be refused admission then and there, It’ll save a lot of dicking about in the ground and during the game trying to chuck them out from their seats!!!

They should also be backed up by a police presence at the turnstiles as well!!!

10 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Security at the gate should be searching people, anybody found in Rangers colours or with scarfs in their handbags, like that fat bitch begging for tickets on Twitter should be refused admission then and there, It’ll save a lot of dicking about in the ground and during the game trying to chuck them out from their seats!!!

Agreed, really hoping the club are going to take advice like this on board (which hopefully will be coming from those directly involved with the days operations) and stop muppets like that getting in. Completely ruins the viewing for home fans having to deal with that mob.

If the club introduced a loyalty card for a small fee (£2/£5 etc) which was stamped whilst going through the turnstiles then loyal PATG punters would be then be entitled to a cup ticket after ST/SC members, thus greatly reducing the numbers of tickets, if any, to go on general sale.

If the club introduced a loyalty card for a small fee (£2/£5 etc) which was stamped whilst going through the turnstiles then loyal PATG punters would be then be entitled to a cup ticket after ST/SC members, thus greatly reducing the numbers of tickets, if any, to go on general sale.

Not putting your idea down but do any other Club run a system like this, how easy is it to set up and implement???

But it’s clear something is needing to be done, it’s easy to say get a Season Ticket and you’re guaranteed to get a ticket for any “big” game but with the way the Club is going, this sort of situation is going to be a regular occurrence, our Club is getting regular “decent” Cup runs since DY’s tenure began, our results are getting better, “true” crowd figures are on the up, say if we get promoted, nearly every game in the Championship would be all-ticket. It could be a nightmare!!!

4 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Not putting your idea down but do any other Club run a system like this, how easy is it to set up and implement???
But it’s clear something is needing to be done, it’s easy to say get a Season Ticket and you’ll get a ticket but with the way the Club is going, this sort of situation is going to be a common problem, our Club is getting regular “decent” Cup runs since DY’s tenure began, our results are getting better, “true” crowd figures are on the up, say if we get promoted, nearly every game in the Championship would be all-ticket. It could be a nightmare!!!

In that case, it would be better for regular fans to commit to a season ticket therefore guaranteeing entry to all league games.

35 minutes ago, Tom Hagen said:

Again, this is complete revisionism.

We're only talking about this because we happened to have drawn a bigger team at home this once. It's a rare occurrence, and as much as it's a nice idea for this specific instance to have this loyalty card idea, it's a complete waste of time for however many seasons it would be until we drew another huge team at home in the cup. The last time I remember us playing one of the ugly sisters was in 2007, would you have been wanting to run the loyalty card stuff for the 12 years in between? I somehow sense that people would get bored of it after a year or two of not drawing a huge side in the cup at home, we'd have binned the cards as nobody would be using them. 

In that case, it would be better for regular fans to commit to a season ticket therefore guaranteeing entry to all league games.

I’m sure I just wrote “it’s easy to say get a season ticket” in the first part of my post, let me check... yes I did!!!

But the question remains, say DY takes us up to the Championship this season and for Season 2020-21 we reach the the magic number of say 800 Season Tickets sold, home end holds 990, assume the Club needs approx 190 for Hospitality, comps, sponsors etc. Although the figure could possibly be more. Does Bayview become a closed shop or will necessity force the Club to expand the ground or could we ban away fans from games and aim for 1980 Season Tickets???

Just playing Devils advocate here, but it does appear that the Club is actually being so well run that we may end up in a position where the Club may not be able to fully capitalise on any subsequent success!!!

Anyway, in other news. Levenmouth Rail Link has been given the green light, congratulations to all involved as I know there were a number of Fife fans involved in it. 

Great news. Well done to all involved in making it happen.

47 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

I’m sure I just wrote “it’s easy to say get a season ticket” in the first part of my post, let me check... yes I did!!!

But the question remains, say DY takes us up to the Championship this season and for Season 2020-21 we reach the the magic number of say 800 Season Tickets sold, home end holds 990, assume the Club needs approx 190 for Hospitality, comps, sponsors etc. Although the figure could possibly be more. Does Bayview become a closed shop or will necessity force the Club to expand the ground or could we ban away fans from games and aim for 1980 Season Tickets???

Just playing Devils advocate here, but it does appear that the Club is actually being so well run that we may end up in a position where the Club may not be able to fully capitalise on any subsequent success!!!

Yes, I'm sure you did, let me check, yes you did,  But I was just making the point because the topic up to this point has been about getting tickets for Cup games, so just re-affirming the solution in relation to us being in the Championship, which would be to buy a season ticket.  Does that make you feel better?

38 minutes ago, YoungersPaleAle said:

Yes, I'm sure you did, let me check, yes you did,  But I was just making the point because the topic up to this point has been about getting tickets for Cup games, so just re-affirming the solution in relation to us being in the Championship, which would be to buy a season ticket.  Does that make you feel better?

Not really, your solution appears rather simplistic and ineffectual and doesn’t answer the hypothetical questions I posed, but thanks for trying anyway!!!

given the 2-3 pages of chat on the Rangers cup game, i have some follow on questions about how we operate going forward.

We drew Stirling in the next round of the challenge cup, how many league games do i have to go to for a guaranteed ticket?, or should i join the supporters club just now in anticipation of the sellout? Also who do i complain to if any of those trouble-making Stirling fans get into the home end.