The East Fife Thread

We are definetly looking better going forward this season. Wallace was brilliant leading the line today and got the team up the park whenever it was played short. We are needing a winner in the Dundee - Inverness game tomorrow to progress, a draw puts both teams through...

Unbelievable effort and a brilliant result, we seem to excel when we are underdogs and up against it, some of the cup games I have been to the last few seasons have been absolutely brilliant. I hope we get through to the next round as the team deserves a big draw.

one minor annoyance with the cup format. Surely both teams go out tomorrow knowing a draw takes them both through, that can’t be good for competitiveness of the game.

Unbelievable effort and a brilliant result, we seem to excel when we are underdogs and up against it, some of the cup games I have been to the last few seasons have been absolutely brilliant. I hope we get through to the next round as the team deserves a big draw.

one minor annoyance with the cup format. Surely both teams go out tomorrow knowing a draw takes them both through, that can’t be good for competitiveness of the game.

Totally agree. All Final games should be played at the same time so that scenario doesn’t occur - Only in Scotland eh !!!

Credit where it's due - thought Higgins was immense today. MOTM by a country mile.

Hearts threw everything at us in a very nervy first 20 minutes and it was desperate defending at times. Glad to go in at HT only 1 down. 

2nd half was much more even and we caused them problems every time we broke upfield.

Heroic performance throughout and proud to be a Fifer.

We really have got back our cup fighting spirit under Darren Young, some excellent cup performances in the last couple of seasons. Nothing like confidence to start the league campaign. Darren got a headache who to leave out next week as 15 players have made a decent shout for a starting slot. Going to be a few guys dissapointed but great to have competition for places at this level.. All credit to Darren for attracting decent players to the club. Would be a real shame if we missed out in a last 16 place. The least the players deserve for their effort this week. The bread and butter starts next week I only hope the players take the same effort and commitment into less glamorous games. We all seen what happened at Central Park when our attitude and fight was questionable.

4 minutes ago, fifer67 said:

We really have got back our cup fighting spirit under Darren Young, some excellent cup performances in the last couple of seasons. Nothing like confidence to start the league campaign. Darren got a headache who to leave out next week as 15 players have made a decent shout for a starting slot. Going to be a few guys dissapointed but great to have competition for places at this level.. All credit to Darren for attracting decent players to the club. Would be a real shame if we missed out in a last 16 place. The least the players deserve for their effort this week. The bread and butter starts next week I only hope the players take the same effort and commitment into less glamorous games. We all seen what happened at Central Park when our attitude and fight was questionable.

What's with the "questionable" patter?  I could say the same about your commitment as an EF supporter, but I won't because you clearly are a supporter, but to say the players have "questionable commitment" is way out of order.  We can't win every game but that isn't down to "questionable commitment".

A shaky 5 minutes to the game and held on for only to be down one goal in the first half.
Some brilliant defending- back four especially Higgins - second half we took it to them and got the equaliser and played the better football, aye they had a few good chances but never took them.
Hearts must be one of the most direct playing teams l have seen for some time, it was so boring to watch
How the feck have we come to the end of competition where two teams can do feck all and qualify for the next round.

Amazing result today - all credit to all involved.

Unlike the Dundee Utd game we had lots of luck in the first half! - but you make tour luck.Thought Higgins was outstanding today( never thought I would say that!)

As I say unbelievable performance considering Davidson, Watson and unbelievably Tonks didn’t start today!

I've criticised Higgins recently but what a phenomenal performance he put in today - man of the match. Daryll who?

Absolutely brilliant stuff. Hearts started at 100 mph and it clearly flustered us but they were never going to keep that up and we grew into the game as it went on. No failures today, excellent performances all round.

Darren has some real selection headaches for next week. Long or Hart in goal, who to bench out of Watson, Higgins and Murdoch, Davidson or Hunter in the middle, who to pair up front. So many players deserve to be starting next week after the last 3 games.

As long as the "fab four" start across the middle, Darren can play whoever he likes in front and behind them.
WADD a midfield we have, and Hunter coming in when required is a bonus.

I too, must apologise to Chris Higgins for doubting his ability. MoM for me today, won almost everything, and bearing in mind who he was up against, that was no mean feat.

Roll on next Saturday!

What's with the "questionable" patter?  I could say the same about your commitment as an EF supporter, but I won't because you clearly are a supporter, but to say the players have "questionable commitment" is way out of order.  We can't win every game but that isn't down to "questionable commitment".
What's wrong with using the word questionable? Fifer67 was only stating what most of us felt on the day. For all that has been good over the last 3 games, our progress in this competition will more than likely be halted due to a below par performance at Central Park. Had we played anything like the standard of the last 2 games, we would be comfortably in the next round as group winners. Now we have to rely on 2 teams "not" doing the obvious tomorrow. Darren has set standards , and these we applaud, and he himself said that the Cowdenbeath performance wasn't at East Fife standard.