The East Fife Thread

Is Reekie not a local player from Pittenweem? would make sense to sign him up as another centre back signing, young promising player with lot of years ahead of him pushing Dunlop and the another centre back Higgins this season seems logical to sign up another player I would like to see returning is Pagey? he might not have a good season before he left for Penny Cars Stadium but was a fans favourite at the back if he was love which I don't think he is at Airdrie after he tryed to get a switch to newly promoted Peterhead last week but it fell through by the looks of it and his position at Airdrie is unclear it seems sense we should bring him home likewise with all the players we have brought back to the club ie Willis, Wallace, Duggan etc.. Still think we need to replace Sparky and get a left sided player in or a left back type in ASAP feel we haven't really replace since we had Penrice and GN here. 

Is Reekie not a local player from Pittenweem? would make sense to sign him up as another centre back signing, young promising player with lot of years ahead of him pushing Dunlop and the another centre back Higgins this season seems logical to sign up another player I would like to see returning is Pagey? he might not have a good season before he left for Penny Cars Stadium but was a fans favourite at the back if he was love which I don't think he is at Airdrie after he tryed to get a switch to newly promoted Peterhead last week but it fell through by the looks of it and his position at Airdrie is unclear it seems sense we should bring him home likewise with all the players we have brought back to the club ie Willis, Wallace, Duggan etc.. Still think we need to replace Sparky and get a left sided player in or a left back type in ASAP feel we haven't really replace since we had Penrice and GN here. 

Personally wouldn’t take pagey back due to the way he exited us before, then just look at the way he’s exiting Airdrie. Don’t get me wrong he was absolutely amazing at us till his last 6 months which seems to have continued since then at Airdrie where he’s been awful and looks a liability. Had he left us on better terms and his exit of Airdrie not been so full of digs between him and his gaffer then maybe.

Just my opinion though but alarm bells defo ringing for someone who could have been a great for our club default_smile.png

Wouldn't touch Pagey with a bargepole after the way he left the club last time, he was very average in his last season with us, lost his pace and looked injured, we don't need passengers in what's going to be a tough season. Good luck to the team and those lucky enough to travel today. Mon the Fife

Wouldn't touch Pagey with a bargepole after the way he left the club last time, he was very average in his last season with us, lost his pace and looked injured, we don't need passengers in what's going to be a tough season. Good luck to the team and those lucky enough to travel today. Mon the Fife

Agree with this !! Everyone knows he has lost a step and seems like his head has gone too,

1 hour ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Anyone that was there were the three trialist the exact three that's on trial ie Waugh, Reekie and Inglis? Good wee run out at four - one.

Roll on the competive stuff now. 

Waugh played the first half and was short with a passback which resulted in Kirrie's goal.Slattey came on in the second half. Reekie was nowhere to be seen.

There was a midfielder who resembled Inglis who came on in the second half.

The third trialist was a forward who I had not seen pre-season.

Darren Young came on in midfield for the latter part of the game.

Was hearing that Kevin Smith may have to have an op. on an ankle injury whilst Davidson has a shin problem.

Kirrie had Kevin Mc Naughton playing for them.

10 hours ago, ewan_fife said:

Jason Kerr new captain at St Johnstone, he’ll captain Scotland one day

I think he's maybe our youngest ever club captain, but thats just guessing, can't imagine any other 22yo players who've managed it with us.

Our record fee is £1.75m, so you'd imagine theres a fair chance we could breach that figure with him. Unbelievable player.

55 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

That was the no 3(?) with the grey hair. Thought he looked familiar.

It was indeed.

Watching the game was former EF and Montrose centre forward Steve Kerrigan whose son was playing for Kirrie

As far as the game was concerned ,EF should have scored 7 or 8.Some   woeful misses and excellent saves from the impressive Kirrie keeper

EF ok offensively and in midfield.Jury out on left defence and second keeper.