The East Fife Thread

The squad's shaping up nicely I think.

In terms of bodies, we should be done for Keepers, Midfielders and Strikers, at least in terms of full signings. We're potentially a little bit light in the wide midfield areas so I wouldn't be surprised if we got in a loanee capable of playing there. In saying that, I'm not sure what Hunter's best position is. I'd assumed it was more of a defensive centre mid, purely based on what he looks like.

I think we probably need a right back, a left back and a centre half, or at least a couple of players who can cover those positions between them. I'm not sure whether Young sees Murdoch as a right back or midfielder, but it would be massive to get Craig Watson back fit and signed up. Higgins definitely looked a bit shaky last season. But he did come into a side on terrible form and going through a bit of a defensive shake up so I'm happy to reserve judgement on him until next season. Although, it'd be fantastic to get a quality commanding centre half in. I know he's had injuries but I'd like to see us bring in McGeever from Brechin. Always impressed with him at Queen's Park.

Tbh we haven't had an actual left backer since James Penrice was brought in onloan and before that was our very own ex-player/manager who both excel great as part of a defence and replacing defenders ie Sparky (only saw him playing on the left side),  kane and linton vital as is to re-sign Janny as either a Rb or a cb for either Higgins or Dunlop. I really dont see the point getting another Rb in if Murdoch can play there i probably think hes got more of chance there than being a centre mid as we have Davidson whos our Kieran Miller of the pervious year.

Delighted the Bod and of course management staff for rectifying we need four strikers like we had last season just finished there having those four is like having options to score more in final 3rd so signing Duggan and Wallace are upgrade to two left recently, in midfield i feel a wide or a winger is needed again upgrade to broque whats Mark Lamont upto now Duggan is here? Erm for defence definitely one or two cbs required and a left back type or left sided needed plus Janny that would ne great to have.

Think the fund page would be another great to raise a bit every year aswell as sponsoring a player via online website.

IMG_3290.thumb.jpg.731f26a82e7bfe6e68699c7599471e85.jpg
Interesting stuff I’d be worried if I was a lino licker !![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I would love to see the stats for how full each stadium is.

We must be by far the best (partially due to smallest stadium I think)

9 hours ago, Sunshine Fifer said:

IMG_3290.jpg
Interesting stuff I’d be worried if I was a lino licker !!emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Our 2018 figure would be skewed by the fact we had Ayr bringing more fans than anyone else over the two games at Starks, and a 4,5k crowd on the last day of the season. Our crowds last season were very decent given what was on show. 

I would love to see the stats for how full each stadium is.

We must be by far the best (partially due to smallest stadium I think)

Why? What difference would that make? Zero stadiums will be 100% [emoji23]

You'd be better off just doing the fullest grounds by starting from the smallest ground upwards

Why? What difference would that make? Zero stadiums will be 100% [emoji23]

You'd be better off just doing the fullest grounds by starting from the smallest ground upwards

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-league-one/besucherzahlen/wettbewerb/SC3/saison_id/2018/plus/1

Not sure how right that is but my question answered. Madness how Stranraer have 95% of the stadium empty [emoji15]
Queens parks would be mental...
Queens parks is 98.8% empty [emoji23] makes Stranraers look worse

The squad's shaping up nicely I think.
In terms of bodies, we should be done for Keepers, Midfielders and Strikers, at least in terms of full signings. We're potentially a little bit light in the wide midfield areas so I wouldn't be surprised if we got in a loanee capable of playing there. In saying that, I'm not sure what Hunter's best position is. I'd assumed it was more of a defensive centre mid, purely based on what he looks like.
I think we probably need a right back, a left back and a centre half, or at least a couple of players who can cover those positions between them. I'm not sure whether Young sees Murdoch as a right back or midfielder, but it would be massive to get Craig Watson back fit and signed up. Higgins definitely looked a bit shaky last season. But he did come into a side on terrible form and going through a bit of a defensive shake up so I'm happy to reserve judgement on him until next season. Although, it'd be fantastic to get a quality commanding centre half in. I know he's had injuries but I'd like to see us bring in McGeever from Brechin. Always impressed with him at Queen's Park.

According to the east fife mail Young says thats him about done apart from a couple of loans, so unless we loan a left back and a centre half I don't think he is looking to sign anyone else

Maybe but I think there may be a few surprises in that

Ours is 6600 I'm sure so we will be well low. However massively works in our advantage next season, Dumbarton and yourselves if you got up wouldn't be able to maximise the away supports

Ours is 6600 I'm sure so we will be well low. However massively works in our advantage next season, Dumbarton and yourselves if you got up wouldn't be able to maximise the away supports

Totally pal, I would love us to put a barrier round the pitch so that we could stand round the pitch, also mean that bigger crowds on big games too.
Just need to win the euros and buy the club [emoji1417][emoji23]

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Why? What difference would that make? Zero stadiums will be 100% emoji23.png

Grounds would also be 'fuller' if you had the most fat b*****ds as fans.

59 minutes ago, lukejoaitken said:

Anybody know who will be vice captain this season?

Higgins or Watson I would imagine!!!

Watson is certainly a good organiser/talker during a game and would probably make a better team captain imo.

A few of us at the last home game were talking about EF captains and who was the best in recent years.Everyone agreed -Steven Tweed-an organiser of the old school-who was continually encouraging ,mentoring - a captain who took no nonsense-ask Wullie Mc Culloch- not merely a player who was present at the toss-up.

Watson is certainly a good organiser/talker during a game and would probably make a better team captain imo.
A few of us at the last home game were talking about EF captains and who was the best in recent years.Everyone agreed -Steven Tweed-an organiser of the old school-who was continually encouraging ,mentoring - a captain who took no nonsense-ask Wullie Mc Culloch- not merely a player who was present at the toss-up.

You may have a point, thinking back to the Docherty/Agnew penalty stramash a few months ago, I wasn’t overly impressed with Kev’s handling of the incident!!!
He was on the pitch and could have/should have made a “Captain’s Decision” regarding the taker and that would have been the end of it, but I got the impression he didn’t want to know!!!
Tweed would have picked Sparky up and carried him back to the halfway line if any of that shit had happened on his watch or he would have booted him over the sea wall if he had allowed him to take it and then missed!!!