The East Fife Thread

IMG_0887.thumb.jpg.0ff517a1344569a8e3247e63124176af.jpg

Just at the airport at an unearthly hour returning to the Uk so missed all the big games last night and the incredible performances.!

I am sure that the players- managers- are hurting like us fans when we see Raith vs Forfar, Montrose vs QOS!- and the results last night-at our best we beat all those teams this year!(This should fill us with confidence rather than negativity!)

Now before I get any rage - those 4 teams deserve to be where they are - and we certainly don’t!.

I just have a” sneaky” feeling that the qualification rounds that hugely favour the team in the higher league - that we may have another Alloa situation here and a team from the lower league gets promoted- doesn’t happen often.( again makes it all so frustrating!)

But hey need to move on- but we can do it you know if we recruit well in the summer - get more scouts out to the East of Scotland leagues please....young boys with enthusiasm and passion and lots of energy and skill ( so pleased we have signed the Stirling lad, but have no idea if any good!)rather than players who seem to bounce from club to club in the lower leagues and when they meet on a Saturday it looks like a reunion- a love in...( now not suggesting any lack of professionalism- but time to forget those guys who have more clubs than I have in my golf bag !- they are not moving between clubs because they have been successful!- they are also not moving us forward - lets go with those who can potentially move us forward- hopefully with us! - with of course some quality experience like big Kev!)

Just saying....

Ps I think Forfar might do it?

38 minutes ago, sneed hearn said:

Article in the Courier with Darren Young stating that Darvel Juniors had made Daryll Meggatt a fantastic offer which had blown East Fife out of the water.

This "Meggatt to the juniors for absolute WADS of cash" rumour is almost certainly correct, suppose it depends on what team, but this has been circulating for a while now. As far as I'm concerned I've no issues with it, he's had a great season with us and leaves with my blessing. It's a shame to lose a player like him from the league (and our team!!) but money talks in fitba and it's a short career, might as well make what you can out of it.

37 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Heard you might be interested in Ryan McCord and Danny Denholm

Would take both, the former depending on his injury status as he seems to have been in and out all season. Denholm is a winger, and I'll take any winger tbh. Plus we have a chance of appearing in the blogs.

53 minutes ago, sneed hearn said:

Article in the Courier with Darren Young stating that Darvel Juniors had made Daryll Meggatt a fantastic offer which had blown East Fife out of the water.

There is some decent cash in the juniors, good few have wealthy benefactors behind them. If it suits his personal circumstances then fair play to the guy, the gap between the juniors and the lower end of the football league teams is closing, but would still expect him to be a stand out performer at that level.

Heard you might be interested in Ryan McCord and Danny Denholm

Ryan Wallace isn't it???

Really disappointed if Meggatt leaves, ambition wise the guy should be looking up the Leagues not pissing about in the Juniors, but ambition doesn't pay the bills I suppose!!!

Just a shame that he would be leaving with THREE PotY trophies from a Club in Scotland's third tier to dick about in glorified public parks!!!

Ryan Wallace isn't it???
Really disappointed if Meggatt leaves, ambition wise the guy should be looking up the Leagues not pissing about in the Juniors, but ambition doesn't pay the bills I suppose!!!
Just a shame that he would be leaving with THREE PotY trophies from a Club in Scotland's third tier to dick about in glorified public parks!!!

Him too

Him too

Is there not a list of who you're releasing???
Just put them all on the same minibus and send them down!!!

I would very much enjoy Wallace signing on. A potential striker force of Tonks, Fash, Wallace and Lord Kevin of house Smith with Agnew and McCord pinging baws to them for 90 minutes?  Lovely stuff, not my words, the words of Shakin' Stevens. 

I would very much enjoy Wallace signing on. A potential striker force of Tonks, Fash, Wallace and Lord Kevin of house Smith with Agnew and McCord pinging baws to them for 90 minutes?  Lovely stuff, not my words, the words of Shakin' Stevens. 

Austin to us maybe

2 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

I'm afraid I cannot allow this. Please look elsewhere. 

Think he means Jordan!!!