The East Fife Thread

19 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Looking at today's stats, we once absolutely demolished a team on the amount of corners won, if there is such a thing as a complete count for the season we must be one of the best in the country at winning them, but what is disappointing is the amount of goals that have resulted from those corners (5 at the most???), surely if this is such a strength and with the core of the same team going forward next season surely a concerted effort at scoring from these set pieces should be at the forefront!!!

Completely agree. If we were average at corners at both ends of the park we would have  a lot more points.This has to be sorted next season and I think it can only be done with different players.

1 hour ago, smuggfifer said:

Absolute joke of a red card. The old ball rolling out for a bye kick , the defender pushes the striker all over the place, striker tries to swing a leg at the ball when it gets to the line, defender falls over . Red card! If it's the other way round , it is t even a foul. And of course, Graeme "I'm a f***wit" Smith goes charging over , has the same player by the shirt,and doesn't even get spoken to.
Have to say, I also noticed twice today, ball rolling out for a throw in on stand side, and Stenny player shunts opponent towards the brick wall, 4ft away. Sincerely hope that's not a deliberate ploy!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

That ball was well away, absolutely no need for your player to try and put the laces through it at that stage and got everything coming for catching Donaldson. I don’t deny Smith’s reaction probably cemented in the refs mind that it was a cynical as hell kick...but tough tits.

2 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Two of them penalties! Get him here ASAP!

So if we win next week and Montrose lose and we end up two points off being clear in 4th position, who's getting the blame, Aggy or Sparky???;)

So if we win next week and Montrose lose and we end up two points off being clear in 4th position, who's getting the blame, Aggy or Sparky???[emoji6]

[emoji23][emoji23] both. Hope we spend at least 2 sessions in pre season with the whole team practicing penalties.

Hopefully Brett saves all he comes against and we score all we get!

[emoji23][emoji23] both. Hope we spend at least 2 sessions in pre season with the whole team practicing penalties.

Hopefully Brett saves all he comes against and we score all we get!

So Tuesdays for the penalties and Thursdays for the corners then!!!

That's the training plan worked out, anything else needing sorted???

Taking everything into account, I think this has been the best season for quite a few years. Its had pretty much everything plus we beat that lot from along the road which I'll happily admit was the highlight for me, especially the game in Kirkcaldy 29th December. Glad to get that monkey off the shoulder! A very poor start followed by a great run of form, beating the Rovers, decent cup runs and of course the trip to Dublin for the game that never was.

A very disappointing end to the season which doesn't truly reflect the good work done at the club this season in particular. Still find it hard to fathom how the team can go from being so good to so bad in a matter of weeks, but hey that's football. I'm over it.

Looking forward to next season already and hopefully a few decent signings to compliment the players already on the books.

A mini clear out needed of players that clearly aren't up to it at this level but we've consolidated our place in this league and that's about all we could have asked for at the beginning of this season, I would have taken that last May.

Taking everything into account, I think this has been the best season for quite a few years. Its had pretty much everything plus we beat that lot from along the road which I'll happily admit was the highlight for me, especially the game in Kirkcaldy 29th December. Glad to get that monkey off the shoulder! A very poor start followed by a great run of form, beating the Rovers, decent cup runs and of course the trip to Dublin for the game that never was.
A very disappointing end to the season which doesn't truly reflect the good work done at the club this season in particular. Still find it hard to fathom how the team can go from being so good to so bad in a matter of weeks, but hey that's football. I'm over it.
Looking forward to next season already and hopefully a few decent signings to compliment the players already on the books.
A mini clear out needed of players that clearly aren't up to it at this level but we've consolidated our place in this league and that's about all we could have asked for at the beginning of this season, I would have taken that last May.

Totally. Two wins and a draw against the rovers was absolutely magnificent!!

1 hour ago, Stevo Fife said:

And that's why you're a diddy club