The East Fife Thread

The signings of Allan Walker, Alan Cook and Jon McShane have all just been announced alongside Stevie Campbell signing an extension to the end of the 2015/16 season. Very happy with Cook and McShane, cant say im overly enthusiastic about Walker but maybe he'll do a job at this level.

Very happy so far with the quality and speed of signings. Obviously still a few bodies need to be brought in but if they are of a similair quality then we should be ok. With Smith, Fash, Cook and McShane I can see goals next season, something sorely missing last year. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see who Gary and Lee can bring in to add to the squad, I'm still waiting on this Tongolesen international...

Walker went to Brechin with a glowing reference from Raith fans but seemed to have a disaster, maybe a stint in the teuchtar league was required.

Cook, had a decent season for Arbroath it seems but don't know too much about McShane.

Good to see us sign players early doors compared to our usual scramble for the left overs a wee before the season begins.

Is McShane any good?

I remember him being pretty decent for Dumbarton when he was on loan there and seem to do okay at Hamilton so I reckon he'll be very good at this level. Signed him from Celtic Nation.

Good signings I think. All 3 seems to have had ups and downs in their careers but if they all had 6/7 fantastic seasons behind them, they wouldn't be signing for a L2 club. With the players we've kept, I think we've got the foundations of a good squad.