The East Fife Thread

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

Hmm.

Hahaha clearly said the aim was second in the post before, also clearly saying we are 18 behind too rather than you lot who said that "a win on Saturday takes us to 10 points behind with one game against them so 7 behind" 

That idea failed spectacularly 

Found two for you on that thread mate.

You couldn't find all the "we'll win the League by 10 points ones as well" after Professor Honeydew was appointed while you're at it could you???
Oh how we laughed!!![emoji23]

8 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Just a thought but have Partick coughed up for the damages to the pitch yet???

Not sure on this, but any damages (if Partick are indeed deemed liable) will be paid to the council/whoever it is that actually owns the pitch I'd imagine? There'll be the usual argument of the fact it's EF's responsibility to control the fans, and if Partick are asked for the cash, that'll most likely be their response, despite it being nigh on impossible to stop someone bringing a flare into a game at Bayview. The only concern would be that if the owners of the pitch blame EF for the damage and you get into a circle of people wanting other people to pay to fix it. I dunno, I'm nae privvy to the contracts and how this pitch deal works!

Seems a bit pointless, it’s not going to change the result so we have nothing to gain from it.

No, it's not going to change the result, but to hear possible clarification from the Officials WHY they weren't awarded would be good!!!

We all left the games seething and wondering why they weren't given and wishing all sorts of unpleasant things to happen to the referee, so why not hear from him, his side of the events. It's probably going to be something as clear cut as he didn't see it or thought there was minimal contact, but to at least know would be a good thing!!!

And surely if they hold their hands up and admit to being wrong it will help, in a way, in them becoming better at their jobs when faced with similar incidents in the future, which is something we all want!!!

I'm all for it!!!

No, it's not going to change the result, but to hear possible clarification from the Officials WHY they weren't awarded would be good!!!
We all left the games seething and wondering why they weren't given and wishing all sorts of unpleasant things to happen to the referee, so why not hear from him, his side of the events. It's probably going to be something as clear cut as he didn't see it or thought there was minimal contact, but to at least know would be a good thing!!!
And surely if they hold their hands up and admit to being wrong it will help, in a way, in them becoming better at their jobs when faced with similar incidents in the future, which is something we all want!!!
I'm all for it!!!

Out of interest, would you be all for it if another club had done the same?

7 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Out of interest, would you be all for it if another club had done the same?

Simply, yes I would, the more transparency the better, every Club and every supporter has felt aggrieved at some decision at some time, but I would be talking about potential match changing decisions only though, such as penalties or sending offs you couldn't raise a complaint about every decision, it would just become unworkable!!!

33 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Yes. I wish that after each game the referee statement regarding each game was published even on the SPFL website. Would clear up alot from that.

It might clear up what the ref saw. It would not clear up the foaming at the mouth outrage that comes from fans of every single club.