The East Fife Thread

16 minutes ago, BohsMan said:

The reason Bohs couldn't play the original tie as 'timetabled' was because all bar-three of our players were out of contract at the time.

Not sure that would have been much fun for the fans to watch 11 v 3.

Then why enter the tournament if you can't fulfil the fixtures on their scheduled date? 

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

Referring to somebody being called Paddy is wholly different from referring to a whole swathe of the public as Paddy's as well you know, you also say "hints" in "some" of my comments, as if there are more, care to show me that???

Shut it Jock!!!

30 minutes ago, Sarge Bullman said:

For what? You and another East Fife fan made xenophobic remarks. Completely indisputable.  

Still waiting on these hints that you dreamt up!!!

Anyway who cares now. It’s in the past.

Mistakes on SPFL and Bohs part here!

We can only wait and see what the monkeys in charge will decide for us. Probably throw a dart at a calendar and tell us to play on the day it lands on.

I am very greatful that the game we have had postponed was in Dublin cause my god was it good fun being there all weekend.

Let’s get our fingers crossed for a bye and see what they decide and onto the partick game! Mon the fife!

14 minutes ago, grumswall said:
46 minutes ago, Sarge Bullman said:
For what? You and another East Fife fan made xenophobic remarks. Completely indisputable.  

I haven't seen these xenophobic remarks, could you provide a link to them?

Yes.

5 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Utter shite!!!
The Met Office will supply weather forecasts days in advance for you, did any of the incompetents at your Club think to check them, did nobody at your Club think;
"here, it's a bit cold this week better check that our pitch will be up to it after all these guys aren't coming from along the road, they're paying a lot of money to travel a lot of miles to attend this game and we don't want to be shown up as a bunch of 2nd rate amateurs and we better show some professional nous here and do everything in our power to make sure this game goes ahead whether it means getting the pitch covered up in time to protect it or failing that give these guys plenty of notice so that they are able to cancel any travel or accommodation plans they may have in place"
Or was it more like
"Ah Paddy will be opening the place up at one o'clock, we'll get him to look at it"
Think everybody knows now what option your Club took and that is why you should be kicked out of the tournament, in fact you should be fucking fined!!!

4 hours ago, BohsMan said:

I lost interest reading that by the time I got to "ah Paddy" 

4 hours ago, Yur maw punts cooncil said:

Can tell u haven’t lost hundreds of pound this weekend. With an attitude like that I hope of the tie is rearranged at bayview so we can return the favour on a Wednesday night 5 mins before kick off. But my preference is for all the non- British foreign shite to be removed from future competition. The point is the Park hasn’t been playable for days, no effort was made to make it playable by bohs or the groundsmen in terms of covers or ground work. The game could’ve been called off days ago, The bar manager will be laughing all the way to the Ulster bank this morning.

Still waiting for all these hints you've accused me off!!!

Think your argument is failing when you're including BohsMan of being a bigot, I really don't think he is!!!

But you're correct with the other one, but of course we agreed on that didn't we!!!

I assume BohsMan is an Irishman. He felt the need to comment on those remarks. 

Massive own goal from the East Fife fans. They've not only ruined any credibility they might have had prior to this game but have outed themselves as massive Anti-Irish bigots.

Not surprising tbh.

I assume BohsMan is an Irishman. He felt the need to comment on those remarks.  Massive own goal from the East Fife fans. They've not only ruined any credibility they might have had prior to this game but have outed themselves as massive Anti-Irish bigots. Not surprising tbh.

Ah you mean the same Irish BohsMan who had the good grace to apologise for wrongly accusing me before it went too far and he dug a hole he wouldn't be able to get out off and would have had to just keep it going out of some sense of pigheaded self-righteousness, ignoring the fact that everybody would be able to see what a fud he would be IF he had taken that course of action, I see!!!

23 minutes ago, Sarge Bullman said:

I assume BohsMan is an Irishman. He felt the need to comment on those remarks. 

Massive own goal from the East Fife fans. They've not only ruined any credibility they might have had prior to this game but have outed themselves as massive Anti-Irish bigots.

Not surprising tbh.

Jesus mate.

East Fife fans outed as massive anti Irish bigots?  I've read some pish on pie and bovril over the years but this takes some beating.

Having travelled to the extremities of Scotland following East Fife. We have experienced the "match postponed" on numerous occasions on the way there. We have been frustrated, but realised that everything had been done, but the weather had one. Infuriating? Yes but we ,just turn around and go back home.
Yesterday was a whole new experience however. We were told on Friday by one of the "locals".not to worry , game will be fine. Arriving at 2.00pm , my wee lad was desperate to see the stadium, so we duly walked out to the barrier as a few players trotted out, and I mean trotted. It sounded like horses going across cobbles. At this point I realised, before speaking to anyone, that's this game would both off. All this bluster about ref holding decision to give it a chance , was just bluster. The pitch wasn't fit at 2pm, and was certainly unfit at 9 am ,and probably 6pm the evening before. I'm not sure of the process in FAI, but in Scotland we call in a local ref the day before ,if it's in doubt, they either declare it unfit , or recommend an early morning inspection. At this time of year, if the pitch is solid at 8 am , it will still be frozen at 3. No maybes, it will still be solid.
This is the crux of the matter. The game should have been called off on Friday evening, or Saturday morning after a 7.00 inspection. This would at least have made the club and many fans aware that they were traveling over for a day out in Dublin rather than a football match.
Because it hasn't happened for 40 years isn't an excuse. Not being fully honest with fans is not good. Lessons learned by Bohemians FC hopefully. I truly believe if the club had said , " look we are sorry, but the game can't go ahead this afternoon ,but please come along , since you are here, and we'll have a little party anyway", most fans would have accepted the weather beat us,a and we wouldn't be having this debate.
Bohemians haven't covered themselves in glory with their handling, SPFL likewise ,with their decisions back in November. It's happened , we have to move on , and hope that the authorities make the decision they should have made months back.
But can we all please keep this adult and show respect to each other.

Jesus mate.
East Fife fans outed as massive anti Irish bigots?  I've read some pish on pie and bovril over the years but this takes some beating.

Hahahahaha did you not read my comment? I think we are all agreed if a game was to be called off then an away day in Dublin isn’t the worst place we could be. Yes cost us a fortune to come (again for some) but it’s a great place to be!

20 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

'Ulster Bank' is anti-Irish?:lol:

There's a fucking branch of Ulster Bank a stone's throw from the ground.

Entirely dependent on context. And the way it was used earlier in this thread was undoubtedly xenophobic as King Kebab has already acknowledged. 

8 minutes ago, smuggfifer said:

Having travelled to the extremities of Scotland following East Fife. We have experienced the "match postponed" on numerous occasions on the way there. We have been frustrated, but realised that everything had been done, but the weather had one. Infuriating? Yes but we ,just turn around and go back home.
Yesterday was a whole new experience however. We were told on Friday by one of the "locals".not to worry , game will be fine. Arriving at 2.00pm , my wee lad was desperate to see the stadium, so we duly walked out to the barrier as a few players trotted out, and I mean trotted. It sounded like horses going across cobbles. At this point I realised, before speaking to anyone, that's this game would both off. All this bluster about ref holding decision to give it a chance , was just bluster. The pitch wasn't fit at 2pm, and was certainly unfit at 9 am ,and probably 6pm the evening before. I'm not sure of the process in FAI, but in Scotland we call in a local ref the day before ,if it's in doubt, they either declare it unfit , or recommend an early morning inspection. At this time of year, if the pitch is solid at 8 am , it will still be frozen at 3. No maybes, it will still be solid.
This is the crux of the matter. The game should have been called off on Friday evening, or Saturday morning after a 7.00 inspection. This would at least have made the club and many fans aware that they were traveling over for a day out in Dublin rather than a football match.
Because it hasn't happened for 40 years isn't an excuse. Not being fully honest with fans is not good. Lessons learned by Bohemians FC hopefully. I truly believe if the club had said , " look we are sorry, but the game can't go ahead this afternoon ,but please come along , since you are here, and we'll have a little party anyway", most fans would have accepted the weather beat us,a and we wouldn't be having this debate.
Bohemians haven't covered themselves in glory with their handling, SPFL likewise ,with their decisions back in November. It's happened , we have to move on , and hope that the authorities make the decision they should have made months back.
But can we all please keep this adult and show respect to each other.

Why use inverted commas to describe the "locals" ?

Do you have any idea how offensive that is?

Why use inverted commas to describe the "locals" ?
Do you have any idea how offensive that is?
Eh? It was simply to emphasise that it wasn't an official club communication. No offense was intended, so please calm down and get of that high horse you seem determined to charge around on