The East Fife Thread

SsThat's the first quarter done and we have 16 points, sitting third in the league. Darren Young has had manager of the month. Daryll Meggat has been in the League One team of the week two weeks running. Well done to all the management team, staff and players for their efforts. Long may it continue.

Really looking forward to next week’s game v QOS. Will be great to see Gary, Dougie & Merce again but more importantly we have a great chance on current form. It’s a free hit for us as we are massive underdogs but we’ve shown we can compete with Championship clubs in one off games this season already. In truth this game doesn’t figure high in the scheme of things (money poor for progression) Brechin in 2 weeks time is bigger but it would be good to keep the current run going.

Really looking forward to next week’s game v QOS. Will be great to see Gary, Dougie & Merce again but more importantly we have a great chance on current form. It’s a free hit for us as we are massive underdogs but we’ve shown we can compete with Championship clubs in one off games this season already. In truth this game doesn’t figure high in the scheme of things (money poor for progression) Brechin in 2 weeks time is bigger but it would be good to keep the current run going.

I agree Liam and would go as far as changing the lind up to give the likes of Kyle Bell a start along with other players needing some game time, I don't really care about this competition and would use it to rest some players and get some minutes into others, i don't believe a defeat would affect the teams confidence as they are on a great league winning run

I agree Liam and would go as far as changing the lind up to give the likes of Kyle Bell a start along with other players needing some game time, I don't really care about this competition and would use it to rest some players and get some minutes into others, i don't believe a defeat would affect the teams confidence as they are on a great league winning run

Completely agree with this, this cup is nothing but an inconvenience, while the Rovers and Arbroath are both resting up, we're having to compete in a tough cup match against a FT side from the Division above us!!!

A match where injuries could happen and quite possibly a confidence shattering afternoon against the form striker in Europe (allegedly), I would rather the guys were rested and allowed to conserve their energies for the much more important game against Brechin the following week!!!

Field the bench and the guys coming back from injury and get it out of the way!!!

Absolutely. Give all the guys who've been out the first team or could do with some competitive minutes a game. The important thing is not to pick up any knocks and whatever the team is, not let this game derail the momentum and confidence we've got at the moment.

Gives those that haven't been playing much the chance to stake a claim without too much pressure.

Docherty, Thomson, McBride, Linton (if he's fit), Bell and McDowall.

Completely agree with this, this cup is nothing but an inconvenience, while the Rovers and Arbroath are both resting up, we're having to compete in a tough cup match against a FT side from the Division above us!!!
A match where injuries could happen and quite possibly a confidence shattering afternoon against the form striker in Europe (allegedly), I would rather the guys were rested and allowed to conserve their energies for the much more important game against Brechin the following week!!!
Field the bench and the guys coming back from injury and get it out of the way!!!

We are still in the challenge cup

Sorry but no way will fielding a weakened team work for me. There will be an interest from more spectators  because of our recent run. Let's not disrespect new fans or indeed our own players.im quite sure  all the players who have got us in this position would want to play

Sorry but no way will fielding a weakened team work for me. There will be an interest from more spectators  because of our recent run. Let's not disrespect new fans or indeed our own players.im quite sure  all the players who have got us in this position would want to play

If this was the Scottish Cup then I would agree with you but it isn't, it's a fucked up abortion of a tournament that the SPFL are trying to force on Clubs, from the introduction of "Colt" teams to the invitation of "Guest" teams, the whole thing is a joke!!!

And apparently quite an expensive joke for Clubs as well, Sligo Rovers having to travel over here to play Motherwell Reserves, Sutton United having to travel to Bohemians to play in a "Scottish" cup competition, the whole thing is a travesty!!!

We are always looking at ways to improve the quality & content of EFtv so if anyone has any ideas or would like to help please get in contact. We would like to add more camera angles but the work in editing two cameras is quite time consuming as it is. Would love to have the 4 Go Pros behind the goals that QOS have but its all down to cost. If fans have cameras they could lend us on match days that would be great, happy to provide the memory cards!

With all the positivity around us at the moment I'm going to take the day off from my mantra of this season not complaining and bring us back down to earth.

The black top with the red shorts and socks is absolutely bowfin! :lol: