The East Fife Thread

What's the 4-1-1 with the club at the moment? I see that Lee Murray was posting on AFTN asking the fans to rally behind the team for the final games of the season, but some of the other comments in the thread were pretty interesting - is it true he's just a front for Neil Rankine? Does he actually have any money?

Interesting stuff anyway.

What's the 4-1-1 with the club at the moment? I see that Lee Murray was posting on AFTN asking the fans to rally behind the team for the final games of the season, but some of the other comments in the thread were pretty interesting - is it true he's just a front for Neil Rankine? Does he actually have any money?

I rarely look at AFTN these days as it's just the same people posting under different usernames spouting the same old shit. The Rankine thing just wont go away, I'm not all clued up on who has the majority of the shares in the club, but whenever we are struggling (every year it seems), the old Rankine is in charge and things will never change always rears its head.

• 2 weeks later...

Fans are getting a bit tired of the Rankine thing, thats why the division among the ranks is starting to show and become more vocal!!!

Lee, I believe, is not a front for Rankine and after to talking to him, I do believe that he is trying his damnest to get Rankine's controlling interest of of him, Lee was probably a bit naive coming out at the start of the season and saying that it was basically a done deal, he probably should have kept that nugget to himself, as I understand it, it more or less is a "Done Deal" but Rankine is derailing and delaying it at every opportunity, not everything is a labyrinth of dark conspiracy, but it clear to see Rankine's plotting to deceive, inveigle, and obfuscate!!!

It is one of the most open/illegal secrets in Scottish Football, how the SFA and SPFL can continue to ignore this blatant faunting of rules I fail to see!!!

As for Lee, I wouldn't say he is a multi-millionaire, but he does have a few bob, but probably what he has that is more important is contacts to monied individuals, monies that can and will be put into East Fife, but also monies that will remain in their owners deep pockets until the Rankine issue is resolved!!!

Catch 22 and all it entails in motion there for all to see!!!

• 2 weeks later...

How is Nathan Austin getting on? Pleyed against him a few times in ammy football and he always looked good, interested to see how he has handled stepping up?

He's had a great end to the season got a few goals but said himself he's struggled with fitness at the start of the season which is to be expected. I reckon he will be one of the 1st choice strikers next season.