The East Fife Thread

3 hours ago, East Fife is best said:

Who are the rest of the trialists

Scott McBride started, Anton Dowds,Paul McManus and Alex McWatters came on. There was also a tallish midfielder -no 14-who came on and to me was certainly worth another game.No idea who he was.

Meggatt to me was much better at centre -half than left back whilst Slattery played very well at left back.Defensively and in midfield we are OK especially with Docherty,Linton, and Dunlop yet to make an appearance..The keeper has still to make a save.Up front Courts took his goal well but needs to work on his hold up play.

Finn Graham was playing for Alloa today whilst Ross Brown was a sub.

On 27/06/2018 at 13:42, King Kebab said:

The Scott Agnew Welcome Interview!!!

I wouldn't be adverse to McManus signing for a record 23rd time, he obviously isn't what he once was, but you know you'll get 100% effort and a good few goals out of him!!!
He would also be an excellent (on-the-field) role model for Court to work with and learn from!!!

11 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

I wouldn't be adverse to McManus signing for a record 23rd time, he obviously isn't what he once was, but you know you'll get 100% effort and a good few goals out of him!!!
He would also be an excellent (on-the-field) role model for Court to work with and learn from!!!

Totally, however just need to see if cove are offering him a deal or not as they paid him good money last year! 

Everyone saying that they want us to sign a striker.
Can anyone name a striker that is available that you would want us to sign. 
I actually can’t think of that many...

Would agree with that Scott, seems to be a fair bit cash floating about the division just not in lower methil hard to compete, a would like to think if a decent striker with a good fitness record came up the would pay that wee bit extra for him even if it ment having one less squad player next year. At least it would give us a fighting chance, we seem alarming light up top it’s a long season

8 minutes ago, Yur maw punts cooncil said:

Would agree with that Scott, seems to be a fair bit cash floating about the division just not in lower methil hard to compete, a would like to think if a decent striker with a good fitness record came up the would pay that wee bit extra for him even if it ment having one less squad player next year. At least it would give us a fighting chance, we seem alarming light up top it’s a long season

That’s what I’m getting at. The club could have that wee bit extra for all we know but there isn’t a player to spend it on.

Trouten was a target but championship football was too much of a pull.

Spence looked in the bag till championship football came calling.

I would be annoyed if the club spent £500pw on a player like Lyle.

and I can’t think of any top players you would want them to push the boat out for.

That’s what I’m getting at. The club could have that wee bit extra for all we know but there isn’t a player to spend it on.
Trouten was a target but championship football was too much of a pull.
Spence looked in the bag till championship football came calling.
I would be annoyed if the club spent £500pw on a player like Lyle.
and I can’t think of any top players you would want them to push the boat out for.

Yeah a know what your saying, I definitely wouldn’t spend that kinda money on Lyle. In my opinion a goal scorer should’ve been first thing on the agenda, before we signed anyone else if that means offering 200 a week more than someone else it should’ve been done, decent strikers cost a lot more than other players, but there’s an obvious reason for that because without one or two your absolutely shafted over the duration of a season

Less than two weeks to go, getting excited???

Squad for Match Day (Minus 13)
 Long
Dunsmore, Kane, Watson, Meggatt
 Thomson, Davidson, Watt, Agnew
 Smith, Court
 Subs: Docherty, Slattery, Dunlop, Linton, Young???

I think that unless we get a shock tomorrow, there'll be no more signings until after the QoS game on Tuesday, then the final week will spent sorting out a couple of loans IMO!!!

Totally, however just need to see if cove are offering him a deal or not as they paid him good money last year! 

Just to add, he would also be ideal if we are, as reported probably signing the young lad from Herriot Watt, perhaps with having the two young guys up front and emphasis placed on how much of a mentor Paul would be, then perhaps the offer of Player/Coaching role might swing the deal to bring Shagger back to his spiritual home...

...again!!!

8 minutes ago, Yur maw punts cooncil said:

Did mc manus cop a ban for his role in the play off melee ? If so how many games ?

If this is up to date he has a one match ban but it appears that it's for the Highland League.

Capture.PNG