The East Fife Thread

4 hours ago, steakngravy said:

I had a noggle once she came from Leven.:thumsup2

Ya gots to have balls to have a noggle so guess that rules you out then eh.

BTW Last time you showed yer spotty coupon you were seeking legal advice from your solicitor. How did that work out for ya?

5 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

Wasn’t sorry to see Liam Watt go. Overweight and unfit throughout all of last season. If he can shed a stone or two he’d be a decent addition.

Strange that. Looked a mean, lean machine at training today.

In other "news", did you know that Half Man Half Biscuit's latest album was inspired by Brechin City?

38 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:

I’d be seriously worried if Liam Watt was the fittest member of your squad at pre-season. He was still a blob at the end of the season.

I think it's entirely understandable that playing for Brechin last season would lead someone to comfort eat.

Liam Watt is a good signing. Not the best technically (although I don't think he's that bad) but a grafter who will work hard in the middle of the park. His goal tally is reasonably good too. He did play on the left wing for us sometimes but he is much more effective in the middle of the park IMO. Was pushed out of Airdrie for the incompetent Hugo Faria which to this day I'm still not sure why.

It’s amazing how tetchy opposition supporters get when you dare criticise one of their new signings. Watt was overweight and unfit last season, that’s a fact. If he’s trimmed up a bit then you’ve got a good player there. Wasn’t worth the wages that he’d have been on given his fitness issues whilst he was here.

Liam Watt is a cracking wee player.  He's a good allrounder who tries to play football.

Play him with a ballwinner in centre mid, or as a no. 10, or he can play either side of a flat midfield 3.

I'm still pissed off he was allowed to leave and the circumstances that caused it