The East Fife Thread

I like the part where he said “after he said to us about leaving he got in touch”  that’s not how it happened is it pagey

And why would he have to get in touch when it was Airdrie who paid of the remainder of his contract???

I would be utterly astounded if this was the case.

Think you'll find that the phrase used by the Club at the start of the week when he was released was "Nominal Fee"!!!

Well delighted that Janny has now agreed his terms with the club bit unlucky he had a stop start season last year hopefully the right pre-season behind him this year would be boost for him to kick start to his career, though I'm bit disappointed Pagey left like he did but at the same time not bothered where there's enough bodies if you add both Kane and Linton (who are squad players surely) in the mix at the back then I'm not really disappointed if a player doesn't want to be here then so be it.

Think Court is more of a upgrade to Mutch-Jones of last season squad we had certainly looks a hot prospect lad we just have to wait and see what he's like tbh  and talking about strikers topic in hoping there's a replacement for Duggan also in the waiting ; coupled with a few loanee developments (what they are now called)  in certain areas should do it for me, all in all hoping a home fixture in this morning announcement. Fingers X 

Interesting (from my view anyway) we start with one home & double header away and end with the same! However fixtures are kind to us in December & January when historically we normally have very few home games. November a bummer though!

Also have 4 sets of away games back to back & only  2 sets home games back to back

When you look at the fixtures it brings home that this will be a really tough league, can't see anyone becoming detached at either end of the table

Edited by LiamA

Like buses, you wait for ages and then two come at once!!!

Into the 20's...

Squad for Match Day (Minus 29)

Long

Dunsmore, Dunlop, Kane, Meggatt

Thomson, Davidson, Docherty, Agnew

Smith, Court

Subs: Slattery, Watson, Linton, Young???

5 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Astounded Agnew is right handed.

Bit like myself, write right handed, play golf right handed but use a spoon left handed & kick a ball (not very well!) left footed. Apparently I was forced to use my right hand to write at school although they do say that can warp your brian!

Explains quite a lot really

3 minutes ago, LiamA said:

Bit like myself, write right handed, play golf right handed but use a spoon left handed & kick a ball (not very well!) left footed. Apparently I was forced to use my right hand to write at school although they do say that can warp your brian!

Explains quite a lot really

Warping your brian? The mind boggles. :)

Squad for Match Day (Minus 28)
 Long
Dunsmore, Dunlop, Watson, Meggatt
Thomson, Davidson, Docherty, Agnew
Smith, Court
 Subs: Slattery, Kane, Linton, Young???
Anybody know if Young is signed as a player, so I can get rid of the question marks???

Personally reckon we need at least another four players, a goalie, another right-sided midfielder and two forwards!!!
We are sorted at the back with four players comfortable at CH, Kane, Watson, Dunlop and Meggatt, three at LB, Linton, Meggatt and Docherty and three at RB, Dunsmore Kane and Watson!!!
In Midfield we have five players we can put in CM, Davidson, Docherty, Slattery, Watson and Young(???), four wide left, Agnew, Docherty, Linton and Smith, three wide right, Thomson, Dunsmore and Agnew!!!
And up front is a bit thinner, Smith and Court and that's yer lot!!!
If Long IS going to be our No.1 then don't mind if our sub keeper is a loanee but do think then that the other three positions should be filled with OUR players and then we use the loan system if and when we need it!!!
Thoughts???

Personally reckon we need at least another four players, a goalie, another right-sided midfielder and two forwards!!!

We are sorted at the back with four players comfortable at CH, Kane, Watson, Dunlop and Meggatt, three at LB, Linton, Meggatt and Docherty and three at RB, Dunsmore Kane and Watson!!!

In Midfield we have five players we can put in CM, Davidson, Docherty, Slattery, Watson and Young(???), four wide left, Agnew, Docherty, Linton and Smith, three wide right, Thomson, Dunsmore and Agnew!!!

And up front is a bit thinner, Smith and Court and that's yer lot!!!

If Long IS going to be our No.1 then don't mind if our sub keeper is a loanee but do think then that the other three positions should be filled with OUR players and then we use the loan system if and when we need it!!!

Thoughts???

A goalie is essential and it needs to be a number one. Long has been brought in as cover, am led to believe we missed out on our no.1 keeper target to airdrie. I would agree with most of what your saying, definitely need a goal scorer