The East Fife Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Nada For Nade

nade.jpg?format=1000w

CHRISTIAN NADE will not be signing for East Fife according to the club's chairman Lee Murray.

The former Hearts striker has been in discussions with the League One outfit since the summer but both parties were unable to get a permanent deal put in place.

Speaking exclusively to The Terrace, on Saturday, Murray finally drew a line in the sand over the ongoing issue and stated that the former Hearts striker would not be joining.

“The short version of the story is that he's not available to sign until Christmas,” said Murray. “I've thought, and the manager's thought, that there's no use having him around the club until then.

“It's not official yet, but I don't think he'll be playing for the club this season.”

The reason for the lengthy delay and lack of resolution to the issue has been the player's health and a confusion as to whether Nade was free to join the Methil club after leaving PTT Rayong in Thailand at the end of last season.

Murray, while learning something new about the football process, has not been entirely flustered by the whole scenario.

“It would be frustrating if he was a better player,” added Murray, “but I never thought he was that great. He's a nice guy, and I like him, but I never sat on the edge of my seat thinking he was the missing link that we needed to nail down.

“When I first came in, Christian was already on the radar but he had a knee injury. So we say to him we'll wait till he's fit to sign him.

“The whole time we're dealing with the Thai club who have sent through a letter saying that Christian is fee to sign. It's a strange thing though, because you can't actually find out if someone is free until you sign them if they're a player from abroad. So we put it into the system and it comes back that he's not free after all.

“There's a chance he may come back in January, but I don't think so.”

Apparently we have signed 19 year old Forward Blair Henderson from Hearts tonight!!!

Blair-Henderson-e1379596489581.jpg

Originally from Melrose, Blair is a tall, rangy striker and is powerful in the air. His pro-youth career began at Hibs but spent five years with Dunfermline Athletic before being released at the end of season 2012/13. He made his first team debut for the Pars in April 2013!!!

Blair goes straight into the squad for Saturday's game against Stenhousmuir!!!

Pars Fans, what's he like???

I am going to assume he was released because of your monetary problems and not because he was shite, I assume it has been a similar scenario for him at Hearts, the boys obviously a jinx!!!!

Erm....you'll be due us compensation, I think! The lad left at the end of the season, rejecting a new contract offered to him by the Club. JJ rated him highly enough and was disappointed to see him go (he was the only one to reject a contract). Because he's 19 and came through our academy, while also being offered a new contract on the same or improved terms, we're due a development fee. Unless he moved to Hearts and now went to you guys, I can only imagine you'll have to cough up some cash for him.

In terms of the player himself, he's not really played much games for me to comment on. I think he only came on in 2 or 3 first team matches for us for 5 minutes spells, but from what I heard he was quite a tall, physical, stirker who had an eye for a goal. Sorry, but I can't really say much else as I never saw him play all that often. I do the Bayview Bites, however, so I'll mention it tomorrow if/when I talk to Gary Naysmith.

If East Fife offer Henderson a better contract than we did during the summer then East Fife will be due us a development fee. From what I saw from Henderson in the under 20 side (He also captained them on occasion) I thought he would have been in and around the first team this season if we kept him. It was his decision to move as Jim Jefferies rated him highly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-25199039

Went to a crowdfunding seminar during the summer and it really is a novel way to raise funds, not sure how easy it will be for a football club mind you, but fair play to the board for looking at something different rather than just borrowing money, whether it be in the form of loans from directors or whatever.

Anyway, what sort of stand would you be looking to build? I would have thought that a terrace would have gone down better, opposite the main stand, would really do a lot to improve the feel of New Bayview.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-25199039

Went to a crowdfunding seminar during the summer and it really is a novel way to raise funds, not sure how easy it will be for a football club mind you, but fair play to the board for looking at something different rather than just borrowing money, whether it be in the form of loans from directors or whatever.

Anyway, what sort of stand would you be looking to build? I would have thought that a terrace would have gone down better, opposite the main stand, would really do a lot to improve the feel of New Bayview.

Would make the place alot nicer look thats for sure, but can they really justify building another stand or would it be a replacement for the current one?

After reading further into it, they are looking to build a 750 seater stand. I would have thought that the fans would have preferred to have a terrace installed, with a similar capacity or maybe even up to 1,000, which could then house away fans as well as home.

James Thomson has joined East Fife from us on loan apparently. He's supposed to have a big future at Dens, but seems a bit small at CB for me and not the most mobile of RB's. His stint at East Fife will be crucial in his development I suspect.

After reading further into it, they are looking to build a 750 seater stand. I would have thought that the fans would have preferred to have a terrace installed, with a similar capacity or maybe even up to 1,000, which could then house away fans as well as home.

It reads as though the stand will only cost an additional £25k to build. Must be something missing there.