The East Fife Thread

Well pleased for Joe especially after all the crap aimed at him by Stenny fans.You guys have got yourselves a cracking defender. He won't let you down.

Sorry, but that "crap" was well justified - he was absolutely rotten at Stenhousemuir during his brief spell and offered the team nothing. Grossly disappointing given how successful he had been at Cowdenbeath. He was unfit and uninterested and taking him on, in hindsight, was a mistake.

As for East Fife, you can understand where everyone's concerns came from a couple of weeks ago. While they may have brought in a handful of solid players and enjoyed some decent pre-season results, some of their fans' current "get it right up you" stance is very unedifying. No competitive games have been played and the lad who believes Pat Clarke and Christian Nadé are the best striking partnership in the division, shame on you. Shame on you, sir.

Well pleased for Joe especially after all the crap aimed at him by Stenny fans.You guys have got yourselves a cracking defender. He won't let you down.

You never witnessed the absolute disaster of Mbu in a Warriors jersey so how you can label it as crap is beyond me.

You never witnessed the absolute disaster of Mbu in a Warriors jersey so how you can label it as crap is beyond me.

Joe wasn't anywhere near fit when he signed for Stenny. Surely they gave him some sort of medical.

Some Cowden fans are extremely precious and dont taken kindly to any negative comments towards any of their players/ex heros even if it is justified.The East Fife fans seem pretty confident after a few decent pre season games which mean hee haw in the grand scheme of things.

There are those of course who rubbish every player once he leaves their club, I guess you are one of those.

Mbu will be one of the best defenders in that league if he stays fit. Whether you like it or not.

There are those of course who rubbish every player once he leaves their club, I guess you are one of those.

Mbu will be one of the best defenders in that league if he stays fit. Whether you like it or not.

Indeed, I'm sure a Dumbarton supporter will be weeping into his Frosties after Joe Mbu performances are awarded a 7 in the Monday papers.

A well thought out response.

What does me calling Cowden fans precious have to do with someone who rubbishes players when they leave a club? If they are good they are good and if they are shite they are shite, whether they stay or leave has nothing to do with it.

I always rated Mbu, I said when he signed for Stenny I would've been happy to take him. He turned out to be a massive failure for them, whether that was due was due to fitness I don't know, but they were hardly aiming 'crap' at him for pointing out his shiteness in a Stenny shirt.

I really struggle to think how I'll cope if he turns out to be one of the best defenders in a completely different league than the one that my team competes in. It just doesn't bear thinking about.

A well thought out response.

What does me calling Cowden fans precious have to do with someone who rubbishes players when they leave a club? If they are good they are good and if they are shite they are shite, whether they stay or leave has nothing to do with it.

I always rated Mbu, I said when he signed for Stenny I would've been happy to take him. He turned out to be a massive failure for them, whether that was due was due to fitness I don't know, but they were hardly aiming 'crap' at him for pointing out his shiteness in a Stenny shirt.

I really struggle to think how I'll cope if he turns out to be one of the best defenders in a completely different league than the one that my team competes in. It just doesn't bear thinking about.

post-15335-0-00409800-1374161769_thumb.j

Saw a reference to EF having some fulltime players... and it was mentioned again in the East Fife Mail this week or last. What's the story there - is it only a few players? Assume they're not on great wages? (though if Wullie Gray is back maybe the good times can roll?)

Haven't been to any pre-season games and likely wont be at a game until January when I get back to Scotland so have only been able to watch the highlights.

From what I have watched and from various reports we look as though we have a solid enough team and if we can sign Pat Clarke that would certainly strengthen our striking options which I feel are still short at the moment. I've always liked Mbu, was always a stand out for Cowden against us and he is an experienced defender we have missed since Steven Tweed and Jamie McGowan and if he can stay fit he will be a good signing. He obviously didn't have a very good time at Stenhousemuir but neither did Kenny Deuchar.

It's difficult to judge how well the season will go on pre-season alone as these matches are fitness practise and you can't read into the results too much, but we can certainly gain some confidence from the results and performances.