The East Fife Thread

24 minutes ago, Bayviewboy said:

Recognise a number of players, but struggling with a few

back row - Dixie Deans ? / ??? / Keny Aird / ???

middle row -Walter Borthwick, Sir Bobby Charlton , John Martin, Harry Kinnear, Drew Rutherford, Ernie McGarr / ???

front row - Bertie Miller, Davie Clarke, Billy Gillies, Tommy Gemmell / ????

pat stanton middle left ?

Recognise a number of players, but struggling with a few
back row - Dixie Deans ? / ??? / Keny Aird / ???
middle row -Walter Borthwick, Sir Bobby Charlton , John Martin, Harry Kinnear, Drew Rutherford, Ernie McGarr / ???
front row - Bertie Miller, Davie Clarke, Billy Gillies, Tommy Gemmell / ????
Names I do recall and seen often but photos always puzzle me. Pat Stanton was a super wing half.

4 hours ago, King Kebab said:

IMG_3131.jpg
Spot the World Cup and European Cup winners in this East Fife side???

Middle row left is Pat Stanton and not Walter Borthwick. Back row right is Mark Clougherty. Still dredging my memory for the name of the player between Dixie Deans and Kenny Aird and no.21 beside Tommy Gemmell.

On 11/02/2018 at 20:57, smuggfifer said:

The World Cup winner told my wee brother and myself to "f.... Off" that night. Pretty sure my brother was only 9 at the time. So he can stick his Jules Rimmet medal up his Rimmet!

I was about 10 or 11. I remember running half the length of pitch to get his autograph, sliding to a halt on my arse in the mud, and being shepherded off, unsuccessful. I still have the programme, with a generous helping of Bayview mud on the cover, which on reflection is more special to me than any signature.

I'm an American who used to used to go down to Bayview a fair amount the year East Fife won League One and always check for the EF score on Saturdays. I live in Glasgow now and thought I'd make the trip to Ayr to catch the Fifers once again. Wondering if I can find any of yous in a pub before the game? Tired of Glasgow accents.

Hawkhill BC beside Somerset Park, that's where most folk go, and our bus group will be there