The East Fife Thread

Remember that time u accused me of trying to sway fans and of creating a situation where young would be under pressure.......... and lambasted me for even suggesting him and goodfellow are clueless.

Self fulfilling prophecy you called it.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji106]

We hit an all time low for this season today, young is totally clueless, he obviously cant coach a team how to defend corners and cross balls, he took Slattery off and left Lamont on who hasnt kicked a ball for weeks and finally he puts Page up front and doesnt use his last 2 subs, wilson is left on the bench again, he scored for fun last season admittedly at a lower level but when does he give him a go, the only starts he has had this season is at left back which totally mystified me, Young has had long enough if he stays the best we will get is a relegation playoff spot and then only if QP dont pass us before the season ends

So can we assume that we still have one more loan we can use then, assuming Hurst, Hurst, PIggott and Flannigan were all standard loans, were they btw???
But I feel my point still stands, do we really need to prioritise a keeper as our number one acquisition???

I think Flanagan and Greg Hurst were development loans as well. Mark Hurst was standard loans and Piggott was an emergency loan

You must be buzzing! It always amazes me that there are some fans go gain pleasure when their team is struggling. The players must be loving it at the moment. No matter how badly they play, how little they take responsibility, shit out of winning the ball, miss sitters... they know the manager is going to carry the can. I guess we will have to wait to the next guy comes in to see it’s not just the manager who up to the job. 
Anyway, enjoy the rest of your Saturday night in the knowledge that even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

No pleasure out of my team struggling. Just a lot of pleasure sticking it to you, u absolutely slaughtered me cause you didn’t like my opinion. a was only saying what a was seeing...............

U accused me of creating a situation where the manager will come under scrutiny .

Accused me of creating a self fulfilling prophecy..........all because my opinion didn’t match yours.

A call it as a see it, and it has been absolutely dross for months. Everyone agrees.

So if you could refrain from chatting shite in the future and scorning other peoples opinions because they don’t match yours. it would be appreciated [emoji106]

What a sensitive wee sole you are. I think you chat enough shite for the both of us so I’ll just let you crack on. Oh Young’s still the manager by the way. I hope he digs in for a pay off.

Think we all know who chats the shite here [emoji23] ‘self fulfilling prophecy’ that’s a beauty mate.

See that’s the difference a really care about my team doing well......hence why a voiced my opinion at Young and goodfellow not having the ability, which is being proved week in week out. Where as you seem to be having some kind of love affair with Darren. Almost as if you could be Darren ? Or someone who knows him ?

It’s alarming that you think he should dig in ? What kind of fan are you ? East fife losing games at an alarming rate, can barely afford a new player, and you think our absolute car crash of a manager should rinse us ?

Firstly, I haven’t disagreed with you about Young’s ability as a manager. I just said he should be given more time to see how it’s going to play out. Since that post there has been two truely awful  results/performances. My point is that you seem overly critical of the manager, but the players seem to be getting away scott free. The current league table is an accurate reflection of this squads ability. 
Rather than making this personal why not keep it to the football. Who would you play that Young isn’t playing? Or what would you do differently from what he is doing? Even better, who would you like to see come in as the manager to transform this squad around?

More time ? We’re 3 results away from being dragged into a relegation battle...that a really don’t think we could win. Obviously am critical of the manager ? The buck stops with him. He moans every week about the same silly mistakes....and clearly dosnt have the know how to sort them. The squad don’t get away Scot free ? If you go back to the original post from a couple of weeks ago, you can clearly see me mention that the squad is absolutely dire. But it’s been proven on a couple of occasions this season that they can play some sort of football.... but young is clearly not capable of inspiring any kind of consistency or sorting the simple mistakes.

Personal ? You suggested our absolute dire excuse of a manager should rinse us. Am just curious what kind of supporter forms an opinion like that ?

A would definitely not have let my best goalkeeper leave for a start. A certainly wouldn’t have started the season with one recognised striker. A would also sign 2 wingers that know how to play on the wing, rather than a team with a stack of defensive midfielders . My team wouldn’t make the same mistakes every week either. And if they did a would sort it, not let it go on for six months, and moan every week about it when it’s clearly my lack of coaching ability that’s the problem.

A would take dick Campbell any day, the guys forgot more than young will ever know [emoji106]

Agree with YMPC.

Anyone who witnessed that debacle yesterday should question why we're even in this league in the first place. On that showing, the only way is down.

Watching Young yesterday and the body language suggests he wasn't particularly popular at school and quite happy to blame others. He has zero confidence and shouldn't be a manager of a football team. He turned away after the 2nd goal went in and said "every week this happens". Why is that Darren? Who's fault is that Darren? Is anything being done about it Darren?

He barks very little instruction during the game and his team selection is questionable. Is there even a game plan? Its almost as though these guys run onto the pitch more in hope than anything else. Despite having some decent players they really are  hopeless as a "team" and that is down to Young.

That was a brutal showing Yesterday. Forfar are a fairly poor side and rightly at the bottom end of the table but they showed a tad more organisation than we could muster and for me cant deny them their win. You just knew it was coming. Wouldn't be surprised if the finish above us tbh.

For me his time is either up or close to it and he needs to go. This cant go on. A few more weeks and you can see the crowds getting lower and us plummet into the drop zone. You could see the anger yesterday and the knives are sharp and out.

He's maybe a nice guy but he's no fecking football manager and was a very bad appointment.

As a Rover fan having watched the 3 games this season one thing that sticks out is how brutal East Fife are at the back losing school boy goals when to be fair you deserved a point a Starks Park and 3 points at new year but it is how it is. There is a nucleus of a good team with the likes of page, Duggan and Wilkie who have impressed me but I feel it’s a team that lack organisation maybe it’s a lucky escape we didn’t go for Young when he appeared to be one of the favourites it’s obvious having Billy Stark as his assistant at Albion Rovers help him out as it now appears he’s struggling along with his team

Looking at Darren Young’s interview post match he looked as deflated as the Fife fans leaving Bayview. Last two weeks have been no where near good enough by anyone’s standards. Too many players performing way below the standard they have set or are capable off. Doesn’t sound like he is going to be able to persuade any players to join for a combination of reasons. So it looks like we’re left with the 15 or so players we have. In a way I feel sorry for Darren as its not him making the basic individual errors every week,and he can’t really slaughter the guys making the mistakes as he knows with a small squad he will have to play them again next week. One win in 2 calendar months doesn’t  fill anyone with confidence.Many football club boardrooms would be ready to pull the trigger, but I don’t think chopping and changing managers at this level is the answer. Some of the guys who have been the backbone of our team over the last 3 seasons just haven’t made the same contribution this season.Due to a combination of injuries and other things players like Johnny page, Kevin Smith, Kyle Wilkie Chris Kane, and Pat Slattery have been struggling to reach the heights we know they can. If you look at the Forfar 2nd goal no East Fife player matched the guys desire to win the header and that’s the bit that annoys the fans, we don’t seem to be able to match any teams hard work or desire to win a football match. Maybe just too many players in the  squad who are happy to come 2nd best.I truly hope Darren can work some magic and bring in a couple of players with a heart and desire to be winners.