The East Fife Thread

23 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Whats the genuine expectation for East Fife this season?  Only asking as I don’t think theres much chance of you being involved in anything down the bottom, going by Tuesdays performance anyway.  Night and day to the Stranraer side we played a few days earlier.

Making a push to get into the play offs at the top of the table has to be the target. However recent results have been poor although performances have been decent at times. Think it could be unlikely that any of the four loanees will stay beyond their initial loan period. Hopefully Willis moves on but I’d be keen to keep Reilly although it would seem that the Manager doesn’t rate him as he’s been in and out of the squad and occasionally thrown on in midfield. He was a striker as a youngster at Rangers and Hamilton so might be worth a punt up there if we are chasing the game as he certainly has pace and mobility. Not convinced that Greg Mutch and Kyle Wilson are ready to push for a starting position. If you take these seven or eight players out of the squad it shows that we definitely need a few players in who will provide competition for places. Not sure if Scott Linton is soon to be out of contract so he could be another one who leaves if he gets a better offer or we don’t offer him a deal. If we can bring in 3 or 4 experiences players at this level I think we are in with a chance of making the play offs at the right end of the table. If we don’t, we could get dragged into the dogfight at the bottom. 

Think Willis is away dunno about Reilly, a seen in the record stmirren are looking to recall Flanagan, as for hurst a have no idea, we do have another keeper am sure his name is Cordery. The loan system is strange adunno if it's 5 at a time or 5 total

5 total a season you are allowed only 2 emergency loans for 4 games or a month

2 minutes ago, Sunshine Fifer said:

5 total a season you are allowed only 2 emergency loans for 4 games or a month

So does that leave us with only 1 loan available doesn't look good if most loanees return to parent clubs 

Yeah a have watched lower league football for the past 20 years. Am sorry if average defenders don't get my juices flowing. Av just been on wiki aswell..... he's hardly anything to shout about [emoji23] your now telling me poor signings are not the managers fault..... he signed a defender that was clearly nowhere near good enough and played him in 5 games including 5-0 drumming to our closest rivals and that's not his fault ?[emoji23][emoji23] if your happy with the way this season has went/is going your away with it. We're in serious trouble [emoji106]

Ben Gordon was by far the best CB in League One the last time he was down in this league with Alloa. He then strolled through most games in the championship, until St Mirren ended up taking him. At St Mirren, it would be harsh to blame him for how things went there as that club was a mess under Rae anyway.

If you really have no idea who the boy was then you really do watch football with your blinkers on :lol:

I’d still take Ben Gordon at the Rovers despite what happened at East Fife.

Two questions, lads: 1) Why do East Fife run out to the Telstar theme?

2) How is Kieran Millar getting on?

Many thanks.

1) No idea, it just has always been the way, you'd probably have to ask somebody really old like Angusfifer about that, or somebody positively ancient like LiamA, but only on a good day because his memory isn't what it was nowadays!!!

2) Kieran is doing away fine contrary to some earlier posts, he gets on with his job and does it, unless he does something noticeably spectacular there are times you wouldn't even know he was playing, but he is currently running away with the East Fife Mail (local paper) POTY award. They award points per game for who they reckon was the best player per match, 3 for the best, 2 and then 1 and at the moment he's running away with it!!!

1 minute ago, King Kebab said:

1) No idea, it just has always been the way, you'd probably have to ask somebody really old like Angusfifer about that, or somebody positively ancient like LiamA, but only on a good day because his memory isn't what it was nowadays!!!
2) Kieran is doing away fine contrary to some earlier posts, he gets on with his job and does it, unless he does something spectacular you wouldn't know he was playing, but he is currently running away with the East Fife Mail (local paper) POTY award. They award points per game for who they reckon was the best player per match, 3 for the best, 2 and then 1 and at the moment he's running away with it!!!

Thanks, King Kebab. I hope that one of the older boys see this post and are able to provide an answer.

As for Kieran Millar, I'm very pleased to hear he's playing well. Always liked him at Stenhousemuir.

55 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

2) Kieran is doing away fine contrary to some earlier posts, he gets on with his job and does it, unless he does something noticeably spectacular there are times you wouldn't even know he was playing, but he is currently running away with the East Fife Mail (local paper) POTY award. They award points per game for who they reckon was the best player per match, 3 for the best, 2 and then 1 and at the moment he's running away with it!!!

Ever thought about changing your name?

How about King Kebab!!!

You certainly haven’t. Your patter is rank. Don’t worry, you’ll be right one day as all managers get the sack eventually and you’ll be able to come on here saying “told you so”. 
Young got the job 7 days before pre-season started. He had to scramble to get a squad together for the start of the season, mainly relying on inexperienced loan players. This team have some obvious deficiencies, but they are also playing some decent football at times. This season will be a 6th or 7th place finish. How the team performs next season will be the indicator of Young’s managerial abililies. 

2 wins in 12 games is not good enough. We've been beat by the 3 teams the below us during they 12 games, even when we play well we drop points.....relegation form. Apparently there's only one loan available.

Ben Gordon was by far the best CB in League One the last time he was down in this league with Alloa. He then strolled through most games in the championship, until St Mirren ended up taking him. At St Mirren, it would be harsh to blame him for how things went there as that club was a mess under Rae anyway.

If you really have no idea who the boy was then you really do watch football with your blinkers on :lol:

I’d still take Ben Gordon at the Rovers despite what happened at East Fife.

Please take him.... you would be doing everyone in league 1 a favour, some people seem to think he was top class..... he obviously lost his footballing ability over night, a struggle to remember a player looking so out of place on a football field.

Please take him.... you would be doing everyone in league 1 a favour, some people seem to think he was top class..... he obviously lost his footballing ability over night, a struggle to remember a player looking so out of place on a football field.

Take him from where?

It’s 7 wins in 20 games. 5 of those against teams above. I’m not disputing that there is room for improvement and those losses versus the teams below are certainly the sorest ones,  but  you’re questioning the players (and I assume the managers) fight when you’ve quite clearly chucked the towel in after the first round. Let’s just see who the manager can get in and out during January then start to judge how the season is going to go. Although I’m not quite sure what your expectation levels are? 
Also, I’m pretty sure the 5 loan thing is incorrect. 

Some of the results at the start of the season we'r fantastic, grinding games and results out that's exactly what's required in this league it's a tight league, but the inconsistency has killed us. And the last 12 games excluding the airdrie game have been dross. Teams below us now have the momentum. We're well out of form. It's simple mistakes Darren points this out every single week in his post match interview, but it's the same the following week. Simple mistakes. My expectations for the season was for us to be comfortably in the playoffs. Although a wasn't exactly impressed with who we signed, with the exception of docherty. A really thought we could kick on from last year, a think we should definitely be finishing in the top 4. Hopefully we can get a few signings in and kick on, but they can't keep losing silly goals it'll cost us long term

Funny thing is he’s still better than any of the defenders that you’ve currently got. Put any player in a shite team and they won’t be as good.

If he was at a team like Raith or Ayr he’d be one of the best defenders in the league.

1 hour ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Funny thing is he’s still better than any of the defenders that you’ve currently got. Put any player in a shite team and they won’t be as good.

If he was at a team like Raith or Ayr he’d be one of the best defenders in the league.

This. You could run a player like Vaughan or Shankland into a team like East Fife and it would only improve them so much. Similarly with Gordon. We utterly overran East fife in midfield in that 5-0 game. I think we had about 4 goals from crosses where their fullbacks were roasted.