The East Fife Thread

19 minutes ago, Raithie said:

I'm sure you can sign unattached players outwith the transfer window. I might be talking shite.

You are.

Players have to be free agents when the transfer window closes in order to sign for a club outside a window.

This guy is going Junior, abroad, or retiring.

You are.
Players have to be free agents when the transfer window closes in order to sign for a club outside a window.
This guy is going Junior, abroad, or retiring.

Or just working his full time job until January then sign for a club then..? It's maybe that bad at East Fife he doesn't want to appear for them at all..

Absolutely scintillating banter from Rovers1992/1993 on this thread today. Is everyone as excited as I am to read what he'll come out with next?

It's the only thing that keeps me going!!!

4 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Pagey's twice the defender Gordon is. No loss.

I haven't seen Ben this season and can't comment on his form for East Fife. But based on his career until he signed for you he is easily better than Page. Model pro too.

5 minutes ago, Waspie said:

I haven't seen Ben this season and can't comment on his form for East Fife. But based on his career until he signed for you he is easily better than Page. Model pro too.

Maybe he used to be. His career until signing for East Fife has largely been spent top end of L1 / bottom end of Championship. Page is pretty easily at that kind of level.

Edited by Gordon EF

Some players seem to come to East Fife with a great reputation but sadly they didn't look up to much and didn't perform for us, Wullie Muir, Bobby Barr and Ben Gordon are prime examples. Based on his performances Ben Gordon couldn't lace Page's boots.

Certainly have been a few down the years.

Chris Templeman was another player that has always been consistent everywhere else.