The East Fife Thread

3 hours ago, Hooper said:

Not at it today or at all lately 

Since Albion we have either lacked confidence or players unfit/missing key players or we have a poor away form i.e. Late goal equaliser (peterhead, airdrie to brechin minus Livingston) before Albion suggest...December onwards we were on fire what's happened? Therefore moved into play-offs now four to play sit fifth and not yet safe from relegation also still could move back there if results go in our favour next weekend but the form looks worrying with the games running out is it panic time or should we? We don't want to Peter out and move further down as far as eigth but this league has been very tight this season four games is a lot of games 12 points for any side does a lot of difference.

only negative I have came across but haven't said anything like to point out is.....

changes to our back four? I know the injuries hasn't helped - I like Chris Kane but since merc left the club he was put out to right back from midfield he is back to best what Gary saw of him in signing him ok at centre back, we miss page and his presence at centre back though and I don't know why cooper plays left back the lad is ok like Ben fairly new and hate someone who you feel should benefit in the final third than having to deal with the likes of cook or furtado (which I like the look of him today, two goals and very pacy as their no. 5 & 6) and in second half the amount of times the stenny number three got by him at times put in crosses but if slattey even he is a midfielder can't say he can play there like cooper and penrice injured what do you do? With injuries we had enough resources to deal with what was throwing today maybe not as strikers with only Austin I like the look of duffie in first half today his passes were nice and crisp positionsly sometimes can wander leave his man he is marking clear at times could be better even he is learning and suffered a horrible injury at falkirk so would be unfair criticism of me but he has only played a game in a half for us so far really impressed me has something there suggest he has something to offer maybe at full back areas also Manager I have noticed has opted not to use Reilly since Alloa playing midfield would he not be worth a punt to see what he could do? I herd he can play full back previously would he not be worth a shot in four games left remain?

hopefully mark has overcome his injury he has been in and out lately even from the bench and the sonner insall, page and young penners is back the better I doubt we will see Wilkie nor wallace again this season which is a gutter even at this stage of the season but with today's game for our play would be crying out for Wilkie in the first 11 creativity and in the final third we heavily rely on smith, Paterson (odd set peice wonder) and Robinson with their experience to help Duggan running upfront picking up the scraps and at times he needs another body upfront like smith, Austin or insall every week must be the same and is it the case the system getting boring for these players ; same formation every Saturday a bit fresh tactics maybe 4-4-2, 3-5-2 or something different attacking I noticed we did but I felt stenny today knew our play even before Austin came on and it looked 4-4-2 or is it case we miss the players out injured that fits the system that works well for our lads or off the pace like midweek games? Away from home? I feel we need to do something different next weekend or trust the manager hope the injured players are fit and healthy.

hmm, we'll just have to go again and focus onto next Saturday....

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

Since Albion we have either lacked confidence or players unfit/missing key players or we have a poor away form i.e. Late goal equaliser (peterhead, airdrie to brechin minus Livingston) before Albion suggest...December onwards we were on fire what's happened? Therefore moved into play-offs now four to play sit fifth and not yet safe from relegation also still could move back there if results go in our favour next weekend but the form looks worrying with the games running out is it panic time or should we? We don't want to Peter out and move further down as far as eigth but this league has been very tight this season four games is a lot of games 12 points for any side does a lot of difference.
only negative I have came across but haven't said anything like to point out is.....
changes to our back four? I know the injuries hasn't helped - I like Chris Kane but since merc left the club he was put out to right back from midfield he is back to best what Gary saw of him in signing him ok at centre back, we miss page and his presence at centre back though and I don't know why cooper plays left back the lad is ok like Ben fairly new and hate someone who you feel should benefit in the final third than having to deal with the likes of cook or furtado (which I like the look of him today, two goals and very pacy as their no. 5 & 6) and in second half the amount of times the stenny number three got by him at times put in crosses but if slattey even he is a midfielder can't say he can play there like cooper and penrice injured what do you do? With injuries we had enough resources to deal with what was throwing today maybe not as strikers with only Austin I like the look of duffie in first half today his passes were nice and crisp positionsly sometimes can wander leave his man he is marking clear at times could be better even he is learning and suffered a horrible injury at falkirk so would be unfair criticism of me but he has only played a game in a half for us so far really impressed me has something there suggest he has something to offer maybe at full back areas also Manager I have noticed has opted not to use Reilly since Alloa playing midfield would he not be worth a punt to see what he could do? I herd he can play full back previously would he not be worth a shot in four games left remain?
hopefully mark has overcome his injury he has been in and out lately even from the bench and the sonner insall, page and young penners is back the better I doubt we will see Wilkie nor wallace again this season which is a gutter even at this stage of the season but with today's game for our play would be crying out for Wilkie in the first 11 creativity and in the final third we heavily rely on smith, Paterson (odd set peice wonder) and Robinson with their experience to help Duggan running upfront picking up the scraps and at times he needs another body upfront like smith, Austin or insall every week must be the same and is it the case the system getting boring for these players ; same formation every Saturday a bit fresh tactics maybe 4-4-2, 3-5-2 or something different attacking I noticed we did but I felt stenny today knew our play even before Austin came on and it looked 4-4-2 or is it case we miss the players out injured that fits the system that works well for our lads or off the pace like midweek games? Away from home? I feel we need to do something different next weekend or trust the manager hope the injured players are fit and healthy.

U write the bible

8 hours ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Or maybe just like the rest of us you are just no very good:rolleyes:

It's frustrating to see us on the slide that we're on at the moment, but when you look at the players we have out it really is no wonder. Fingers crossed we can get a couple of wins in towards the end and perhaps snatch a play off, but at the end of the day we only came up last season so if I was offered 6th at the start of the season I'd have taken it.

1 hour ago, T-zero said:

Just seen the prices for next season, what was early bird price for a adult season ticket this season? It's up to £220 and an adult admission fee is £15!

Strange to announce pricing so early as in theory we could be playing in the Championship, remain in League 1, or be relegated to League 2.

Why are there such steep increases. Here are last years prices... We are a 2 parent and 1 kid group, last year I paid £180 for 1 parent and child and £162 for 1 adult. Next season I will have to pay £270 for parent and child and £200 for an adult. So a jump from £342 to £470 or increase of 27%.... that's ridiculous

If we go up then perhaps I can see it, but what about if we go down.... :(

IMG_1492607337.180483.thumb.jpg.c527138941cccbc2f23315449fa6e99d.jpg