The East Fife Thread

Gavin Rae?! He's still based in Australia is he not? I'd be shocked if that was the case. He'll be done as a player at 39, but suppose he could be used in a pinch. Always fancied him to be a good coach in the making but thought he'd make his name in Australia.

1 hour ago, sirscottyoung said:

Gavin Rae to be assistant manager...

That twitter page, that originates with it, was set-up yesterday and the only things it has posted before they have happened is:

• Hippolyte to Dundee, Hibs or Motherwell
  • Berbatov to Old Firm
  • Some lower league English boy to St Mirren
  • Stokes to Hibs
  • An African to Livi or Stenhousemuir
  • An American to Annan or Queen's Park

I think they are a weirdo taking the piss. They also posted it alongside the news of Scott Robertson joining and he remains at Raith Rovers at the close of the transfer window.

Just now, sirscottyoung said:

I never saw that page. I just posted it as a he may become? Who else would come? I thought along the lines of an ex Dundee colleague?

Ahh right, apologies. I searched for it to and that account had posted it as an actual rumour.

I'd say Ray Farningham and Kevin McBride would be names that may crop up if he does go down the route of an ex Dundee player.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Farningham in place, I'm sure he was in contention for the assistant job originally, but Lochee wouldn't let him go!!!

I'm not for it at all, but I might be able to get behind it if the board/ownership situation was a bit clearer. Can Liam or anyone else who's more clued up about this explain it? What's the current ownership situation and how do the finances (if any) gained from the new pitch get divvied up?

Barry Smith originally wanted Jocky Scott as his assistant at Dens so might be him if he fancies it. Rab Douglas is now unemployed but doesn't fancy management. Kevin McBride may want to be his own man since he's already had experience as a full time manager but is another shout. Bobby Mann is one of Smith's best mates alongside Lee Wilkie.