The East Fife Thread

The Courier apparently saying Darren Smith is signing for Albion Rovers despite our new board saying he's signed on for us. One of the very, VERY few players from last seasons squad I would love to keep a hold of. Far too good for the 3rd Division. Cracking signing for Albion if it turns out to be true :(

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Albion don't have a Darren Smith that played last season so you're talking rubbish.

We have a Darren Smith but he is signed for next season.

It would be quite funny if Darren Smith at East Fife did sign for Albion Rovers after declaring he had signed on for next season. Would be a strange move I reckon but he must have played under Ward at Alloa so there might be something in it.

Albion don't have a Darren Smith that played last season so you're talking rubbish.

We have a Darren Smith but he is signed for next season.

It would be quite funny if Darren Smith at East Fife did sign for Albion Rovers after declaring he had signed on for next season. Would be a strange move I reckon but he must have played under Ward at Alloa so there might be something in it.

He would be a fucking ludicrously good signing for Albion Rovers. Hope this isn't true and it would certainly be a strange one. I think he's from the west but he's always played for teams in the east. Dropping down a level, presumabley getting less cash and missing out on some big games against Dunfermline and Rangers??

Aye seems very strange to me I would have thought Albion couldn't even offer him half of what he will be on at East Fife and like you say why would you want to play in the 3rd division when you have the option of playing in probably the most appealling 2nd division in a long time.

The Ward link is the only thing making it even a slight possibility from what I can see.

According to courier today Darren smith Michael brown Craig Johnstone Liam gorley Christian nade and Gary thom transfers will be confirmed in next few days problem has been players on holiday also in talks with Steven Campbell Scott durie Scott mcbride and Paul McManus, we have offered darren Dods a player/coach contract but Forfar are in talks with him too

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril mobile app

According to courier today Darren smith Michael brown Craig Johnstone Liam gorley Christian nade and Gary thom transfers will be confirmed in next few days

Is that todays Courier, the same Courier that is saying Darren Smith is away to Albion Rovers???

Darren Smith has not signed for any team as yet , East Fife have offered terms but I believe there is an issue with certain aspects of the deal - he has been contacted by a few teams and is considering their offers.

Is that todays Courier, the same Courier that is saying Darren Smith is away to Albion Rovers???

Yep, says that in my edition also, no mention of the Albion Rovers story.

Well unless somebody has different copy of courier than me it says nothing about Albion rovers

The Courier apparently saying Darren Smith is signing for Albion Rovers despite our new board saying he's signed on for us. One of the very, VERY few players from last seasons squad I would love to keep a hold of. Far too good for the 3rd Division. Cracking signing for Albion if it turns out to be true :(

:huh::unsure::blink:

Darren Smith has not signed for any team as yet , East Fife have offered terms but I believe there is an issue with certain aspects of the deal - he has been contacted by a few teams and is considering their offers.

I heard that some of the contracts last season varied pretty largely and it caused a bit of unrest and that they're looking to even things out a bit more this year. I'd imagine that Darren Smith would have been among the higher earners so it's possible he's been offered less. I hope things can get sorted though as clearly you have to offer a bit more to the players who have more options if you want to sign them. And we should be making Smith a priority.