The East Fife Thread

The 5-0 Berwick game for me!!!

One of the best performances I've ever seen by an East Fife side, we were unplayable that day, it could have and probably should have been 10-0!!!

The 4-2 away at Annan as well. Brilliant first half performance and felt like we were playing against Annan and the weather in the 2nd half. Pivotal game in the season as well, in hindsight. It was just at the start of our really good run and if that game had been abandoned, we'd lost out on the 3 points and faced a midweek trip down there, it could all have turned out differently.

Chris Kane was captain of the hearts u19s squad a few years ago along with Walker, McKay, Holt, Mchattie... can't be that bad a player and sounds like a decent replacement for Campbell. Naysmith will be looking for a team of hard working leaders and as for Mercer, I think he was plenty more to offer.

Genuine response mate.

Jimmy Nichol brought Chris Kane in 2and a half seasons ago so we have had a good look at him!

I am struggling to think of a midfielder I have ever seen who is so weak at passing the football.

For me, he could do a better job at centre half as he will head it and clear it but even then wouldn't be confident of him in my team.

Hope he is back up or the players around him are immense.

He will be!!!

He wasn't good enough for League Two when we signed him but within the space of a season he was voted by his peers as the best in the Division!!!

If he carries on with that attitude, desire and commitment the sky is the limit for the boy!!!

Of course if you don't like him, just send him back to us, we'll have him!!!

Edited by King Kebab

Chris Kane can't be any worse what we had in league one before we were relegated when Johnny Stewart couldn't even defend or shoot always liked a pass that boy.

Nathan Austin was unknown when east fife signed him and after a season he developed into a good young footballer and scored over 20 or so this season if he keeps that up and manages to break into the Falkirk first team then he can go further, but if it doesn't work like KK says you could always give us him back.

Ryan Wallace to sign in the next few days also looks like GN is getting his team together early I'd expect the open spots left to be filled by loan signings from hearts

This definitely happening? Contract agreed with Kyle Wilkie but he hasn't signed yet due to interest from full time clubs

From the Official Site...

We are delighted to announce that Chris Duggan has agreed to become our 3rd summer signing when his current contract expires at Partick Thistle.

Manager Gary Naysmith said "I am delighted to have secured Chris's signature for next season. He is a good age, 22, and he is a player that has always done well against us in the past and he has also done very well whenever I watched him on loan at Queen's Park. He is a Tall powerful player who has good technical ability and I am looking forward to working with him next season. Chris had a few clubs that were after him so I am delighted that he feels East Fife is the best place for him to play his football next season".

Welcome to Bayview Chris.

Edited by King Kebab

This definitely happening? Contract agreed with Kyle Wilkie but he hasn't signed yet due to interest from full time clubs

From what I have heard Morton have offered Kyle a contract but I've no clue why he hasn't signed it maybe GN is trying to get him to reconsider

Wallace is a done deal i expect something up on the website by Saturday ..

Duggans a great signing too but I think Kane might be the coup of the season I expect GN to get the best out of him

On a side

Note I

Expect O Kane to go

To

Cowden