The East Fife Thread

7 hours ago, ShitRaith said:

Heard from a very reliable source that Rory McAllister has agreed terms. His mate is a PT (personal trainer) that I go too. Also seen Blair Henderson at McDonalds in Leven with my mate. Some signings if they do come.

Sorry guys. It was very likely to have been my grandson at McDonalds in Leven. He is there a lot and often gets taken for Blair Henderson!!!

14 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Up to 16 now, this is unheard of and its not finished yet!!!

Time to mix the formation up now;

Squad for Season 2019-20

Long

Dunsmore, Dunlop, Higgins, Slattery

Murdoch,

Denholm, Agnew, Watt,

Wallace, Dowds

Subs; Hart, Hunter, Bell, Smith, Davidson

emoji1303.pngemoji1303.pngemoji1303.png

OK had time to assess. I think we need to enter into the season giving guys like Higgins a clean slate as has been said by others.

That being said, I honestly do still think we could do with a right back, a centre half and a left back. Maybe Darren is planning on using Murdoch at right back, given we have Davo (and Hunter I think??) that can play centre mid? I'm not sure. 

I've said before, I'd prefer another winger and a striker, but then we're up to 21 players and I highly doubt the club are planning on running with that (loans aside).

Perhaps we've players lined up for potential loans already. 

36 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Because we are signing players and they aren’t so need some excitement

Thought we’d signed Henderson, Thomas and Higginbotham?...:whistle

Edited by R.R.FC

I'm not convinced in the slightest by Higgins! Hopefully he gets a good pre season under his belt and settles down quickly once the new season starts, clean slate and all that! Its brilliant to be so organised for a change, league one is looking like it's going to be a much harder league that's for sure.

OK had time to assess. I think we need to enter into the season giving guys like Higgins a clean slate as has been said by others.
That being said, I honestly do still think we could do with a right back, a centre half and a left back. Maybe Darren is planning on using Murdoch at right back, given we have Davo (and Hunter I think??) that can play centre mid? I'm not sure. 
I've said before, I'd prefer another winger and a striker, but then we're up to 21 players and I highly doubt the club are planning on running with that (loans aside).
Perhaps we've players lined up for potential loans already. 

Think there will be two more signings to take us up to 18 and the rest will be made up of Loanees!!!
I reckon at least one of the signings will be Janny, if he can prove his fitness and the other one will probably/possibly/maybe be Duggan, that would be an excellent core squad, Jamny and Murdoch can cover at CH and RB, so another LB could be an option or a loan (what's Penrice doing at the moment), we'd be going with 4 signed forwards if we get Duggan (one more than last season) and we look pretty covered in midfield!!!
I'm really happy with how it's going so far!!![emoji41]

And that's one of the elusive four teams we've still to play this century in the bag already!!!