The East Fife Thread

I'm surprised to see Higgins earn himself a deal with East Fife. Albeit I'm judging him on one single game against ourselves, but it was the worst defensive performance I saw all season, and I spent half of said season watching the worst left back in the history of Dumbarton Football Club.

I assume he was better in the other games he featured in?

Up to 16 now, this is unheard of and its not finished yet!!!

Time to mix the formation up now;

Squad for Season 2019-20

Long

Dunsmore, Dunlop, Higgins, Slattery

Murdoch,

Denholm, Agnew, Watt,

Wallace, Dowds

Subs; Hart, Hunter, Bell, Smith, Davidson

[emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Must admit, it's good to be this organised but the defence gives me the fear a bit. Higgins and Dunlop wasn't really working.

Hoping with the pre season they will adapt to playing together, although you could say they had half a season to adapt but that’s what I’m hoping for

Must admit, it's good to be this organised but the defence gives me the fear a bit. Higgins and Dunlop wasn't really working.

Taking Meggatt out of the central defensive position would make any possible replacement look below par, so much was he missed!!!

You had to wonder if it was Ayr that forced that move and insisted that Higgy MUST play???

Was being dicked around knowing how good he had been playing and how much he was a vital part of our early season success in order to fit in a Loanee that we didn't really need a part of Meggat's thought process when a new contract was offered to him???

Need to see a big improvement in Higgins- he was a bomb scare last year., other our last game he made a dreadful mistake a game-still need a big Centre Half- we are midgets at the back- but well done the club for being so organised. Murdoch will be excellent in midfield if he can stay fit....

Very happy with Murdoch. Higgins will be a good squad player but I feel another CB and RB must be priorities as that will allow Dunsmore to move forward. Hopefully Watson is that RB. After that I’d imagine we will be pretty much done apart from 2-3 loans. I would love us to bring in another striker, a natural left back, another winger and a centre mid but that’s being greedy and almost make the squad too big.

Where is Hunter’s best position?

Agree with some of the previous posts. Great that we have put together our squad early, so that once pre season starts, the players can start to gel. Like It’s only a game, I feel the team lacks any real height and physical presence at the back, so a big dominant centre half would be good. Someone like McGeever when he was at Queens Park. We need another left back and a striker like McIntosh or Duggan. Anything else can be supplemented with loan signings if required.

That’ll take us to 16 so far for next season, feels good getting the business done early. If Murdoch stays injury free we’ve got a fantastic player on our hands for league 1, Higgins found it difficult to settle in to our back 4 but any centre half would’ve struggled the way we were playing, especially when he was just back from an injury but it was important he was playing games and I reckon he’s going to be a big player for us next season.

4 minutes ago, ShitRaith said:

Heard from a very reliable source that Rory McAllister has agreed terms. His mate is a PT (personal trainer) that I go too. Also seen Blair Henderson at McDonalds in Leven with my mate. Some signings if they do come.

I mentioned the Henderson thing last week n got shot down for it good to see a wasn't the only one who seen him 

16 minutes ago, ShitRaith said:

Heard from a very reliable source that Rory McAllister has agreed terms. His mate is a PT (personal trainer) that I go too. Also seen Blair Henderson at McDonalds in Leven with my mate. Some signings if they do come.

11 minutes ago, Hadji said:

I mentioned the Henderson thing last week n got shot down for it good to see a wasn't the only one who seen him 

9 minutes ago, ShitRaith said:

Yeah i was sure it was him, good for it to be clarified.

Stop talking to yourself cunto