The East Fife Thread

Our form is worryingly poor, at this rate we could very much miss out on 4th spot. We could now find ourselves in 5th midweek and with Airdrie, Montrose and Dumbarton our next 3 games we really have to get out of this slump and fast.

Would be a shame for this season to end with a whimper after the hard work and unbeaten run at the start of the season.

Montrose do not have a easy run in not sure about Airdrie' s, but we play both of them, so let's get on with it.
Montrose has Arbroath, Forfar Raith, Us, Airdrie and Brechin who are still fighting for points.
'Mon the Fife'

We have been guilty of not seeing games out this season., a few times we have capitulated from comfortable positions. The midfield looked very short on mobility yesterday and we simply didn’t do enough when we didn’t have the ball. We never put any pressure on Raith when they were in possession, and all we did was funnel back to our own 18 yard line. We really need to be pressing a lot higher up the park. In all honesty I’m very disappointed the management team didn’t address the obvious weakness in the way we had fallen out the game. To be fair I think Darren identified we needed an anchorman in midfield and signed Stewart Murdoch from Dundee Utd but his injury curse struck after only 2 games. 

Well, we are now very much in a battle with Montrose and Airdrie to secure 4th spot. We are the team out of form and with Airdrie and Montrose our next 2 fixtures, we will find out if we have the bottle to hold on to 4th.

It would be such a shame for the season to fizzle out after what has been a pretty good season thus far.

Well, we are now very much in a battle with Montrose and Airdrie to secure 4th spot. We are the team out of form and with Airdrie and Montrose our next 2 fixtures, we will find out if we have the bottle to hold on to 4th.

It would be such a shame for the season to fizzle out after what has been a pretty good season thus far.

Reckon we need to win them both or the season is probably over for us!!!
What a pissy end to a tremendous season that would be!!!

Not sure but the pick of them all was the number 6. Really put in a shift probably man of the match

Do you reckon any of them are genuine signing targets for next season or was DY just filling a side and saving the regulars for the run-in???

12 hours ago, foreverarover said:

Hmmmm, potential of Forfar and Raith having a week of meaningless matches at the end.( That's if there is no necessity for either team being home or away first). Raith play Montrose.... emoji848.pngemoji23.png

Realistically, if we're relying on Raith getting something from that game to scrape 4th, there's no point going into the play-offs anyway. Be as well not wasting a midweek and Saturday just to get spanked off Falkirk/Partick/QotS.

53 minutes ago, 7 Eleven said:

That’s the spirit. Last one out switch off the lights and lock the doors.

Last season was way more exciting than this one... right lads?

Not saying that at all.  This season has obviously been an improvement on last and I'm not saying we can't go up or I don't want us to go into the play-offs. We've been on a terrible run recently but it's still in our hands and I fully believe this team is capable of turning it round. We all know they are, they know they are, they've proved it.

But we're running out of time. We need a reaction and we need it this Saturday. If we somehow manage to limp into the play-offs on this kind of form, I can't see any way we make it past the semis. If we can get back to playing the way we were earlier in the season, go on a decent run, get that play-off spot and finish strongly, then we've got as good a chance as anyone.

Morale boosting win yesterday in Cowdenbeath last night, great to see the likes of Terry, Kyle “Taco”Bell etc get a game for a full ninety minus under their belts and Courty getting the goals.

Huge game on Saturday @ penny car stadium I see victory’s over AirdrieO and Montrose as a six pointer for fourth.

Come On East Fife !!

Let’s get behind the team !!