The East Fife Thread

I think because of the amount of games we had back to back the manager had to rotate and it's gone a bit wrong, not really his fault but it needed done. I'm hoping now we're almost full strength things will settle down but today's result is a shocker. Back 4 needed and Meggatt and Dunlop the 2 centre halfs. Dowds and either Currie or Smith up top. Passengers like Kane and Court shouldn't be near the starting XI

Is Kev not Club Captain and Docherty team captain?

Kev is the Captain and Sparky is Vice-Captain, if Kev isn't starting and Sparky is, he wears the armband!!!  

I think because of the amount of games we had back to back the manager had to rotate and it's gone a bit wrong, not really his fault but it needed done. I'm hoping now we're almost full strength things will settle down but today's result is a shocker. Back 4 needed and Meggatt and Dunlop the 2 centre halfs. Dowds and either Currie or Smith up top. Passengers like Kane and Court shouldn't be near the starting XI   

Disagree, we didn't need to rotate, play the same team and if players get tired or injured then replace them, we have the biggest squad we have had in years we can mix it up if we have to, we shouldn't just because we think we have to!!!

There was talk today that only one player played in all the Sat-Tues games (Meggatt) if that is true then that is just change for changes sake!!!

Today was disappointing but for feck sake the moaning and the comments were just ridiculous at times. No wonder people don't come to watch the team, most of those moaning have old fashion ideas on how football should be played, some need anger management counselling.
DY got tactics wrong, team selection wrong today , but we need to support the team.
Court is not gòod enough, Dowds is a target man so use him as that.
Corner kicks are delivered but we never have anyone attacking it
We run out of ideas in the final third
It's getting tight but we do have the players to get to the play offs
3 more home games to go, hopefully the team and management are looking forward to these games[emoji15]

Yep,heard all that yesterday as well, " get it into the box" , " stop passing it about like that". 2 things that Brechin set out to make us do! They sat with 9 men across the park whenever we had possession, and anything punted into that 9 man zone was easily returned. Patience was always going to be the key, but gifting the 2 goals, punted that idea straight into the solar panels. What we did lack were midfielders prepared to run straight at the gaps which were created by our players stating wide and trying to stretch them. Too often the gaps opened, and the player in possession, put his foot on the ball and looked for someone to pass to., when perhaps going at the heart , with the ball at feet might have brought rewards.
It's done and dusted now, hopefully more lessons learned, and they can spend the week polishing the mantlepiece in preparation for Saturday.
What is certain though, if we DONT learn the lessons from yesterday, it could be another embarrassing result. And we don't need that now!

Midfield was shocking yesterday, Docherty is too slow,Davidson has been struggling for weeks and Agnew chose to have his worst game of the season, but we dont have any midfield runners going beyond the striker.dreading next Saturday but hopefully because its the rovers everyone will lift their game.

I'll let the match thread die as I'm a couple of days late to the party.

Saturday was really really disappointing. Another game passes us by, and the teams below are chasing hard, it's went from the table looking a dead cert in terms of the top 4 to absolutely all to play for. The derby next week has all of a sudden become a must win! 

In terms of the game, I thought we looked by far the better footballing side for the first 2/3rds of the park but powderpuff up front. We could have played for a week and not scored. Brechin on the other hand looked absolutely torture, but every time they were in our half they looked like scoring! Very bizarre to watch.  Also no idea why anyone thought Tonks wide right was a good idea, fire that nonsense into the sun. Our play was so predictable, Sparky and Davo sitting deep with Agnew trying to spray world cup passes across the park. Absolutely no movement in the middle and nobody looking to take ownership of the ball. 

For the players, not sure who I'd give pass marks to tbh. Pretty poor across the park. Maybe I'm being over critical because I tend to pay attention to him a bit more, but Sparky had another poor, poor game. He doesn't look fit enough and that results in poor passes pretty regularly. Also, I hope Court isn't given a new contract for next season. He's a big, athletic boy, but he's not a striker at all. There'll be a confidence issue there with the lack of goals, but we were well warned what we were getting by those along the road. 

As much as I'm having a moan here, I must say some of the shouts from the crowd are absolutely mental. A few times we spend 15 goddamn seconds passing it about at the back and the fans are going tonto, there are some bodies in amongst that crowd that will never be happy with ANYTHING. I don't make it to a lot of home games, and I'm one of the advocates for fans being able to share their views at the game within limits. It's fine to have a moan, but it makes me really uncomfortable the way the shouts (and I suppose what can sometimes be quite abusive shouts) are directed not "in general" but almost directly at Darren. It's not helpful in the slightest, and makes you look like a moron. Do you think DY/TMc want the team to lose? Of course not. We all want whats best for the team. 

On the positive side, a fantastic effort from the fans, Isla and everyone else involved in the food bank collection. I was through really late so just made it into the ground for kick off but could see the van absolutely choked full with donations when I ran past. Top work from them, and to the club for contributing also. 

Also my pie was quite good. 

Squad for Season 2019-20

Long

Dunsmore, Dunlop, ???, Slattery

Bell, Agnew, Davidson, Watt

Smith, Dowds

[emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Good news yet again, coming from the Club, well done on getting Aaron signed up early, I honestly thought he would be playing the same game as he did last season where the guy was obviously holding out for a move to some fulltime outfit and appeared to only re-sign when such a move didn't materialise, so well done to DY getting him nailed down early!!!

We are really setting our stall out early for next season and should be hitting the ground running and I can't reiterate enough how much this is the polar opposite from any other season in such a long time!!!

Notice that there is still one set of question marks left in that starting 11 lineup and we can all see what position it is and which player should be filling it!!!

FOR GODS SAKE GET MEGGATT NAILED DOWN ON A TWO YEAR DEAL PLEEEEASE!!!

5 minutes ago, sammytroot said:

Raith have just posted a horrendous loss of £393K for their last financial year.

Anyone know EF's latest figures?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC007902/filing-history 

You can see our year end 2018 results here. I'm not an accountant, but we look absolutely fine. One economics class at uni doesn't quite qualify me to make that assertion though, so anyone else with more experience can chip in. 

The only issue for me is the same as always, the ownership, where as you see on the latest accounts the "controlling party" is Bayview Fife Ltd. Loraine Twigg held about 70k shares in 2015, and now Bayview Fife Ltd, a micro company that she appears to be the sole director of, now has 100k shares. No idea what's went on there. Really irks me that she/Rankine have such a stake in our club. I really don't know what they want to gain from it, I have to assume playing the long game assuming we might sell the land (which looks increasingly unlikely given what's being built around it plus the plastic pitch). 

14 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC007902/filing-history 

You can see our year end 2018 results here. I'm not an accountant, but we look absolutely fine. One economics class at uni doesn't quite qualify me to make that assertion though, so anyone else with more experience can chip in. 

The only issue for me is the same as always, the ownership, where as you see on the latest accounts the "controlling party" is Bayview Fife Ltd. Loraine Twigg held about 70k shares in 2015, and now Bayview Fife Ltd, a micro company that she appears to be the sole director of, now has 100k shares. No idea what's went on there. Really irks me that she/Rankine have such a stake in our club. I really don't know what they want to gain from it, I have to assume playing the long game assuming we might sell the land (which looks increasingly unlikely given what's being built around it plus the plastic pitch). 

£15k profit for the year to May 18, brought the total creditors down and kept cash in the bank. No reason to break out he fireworks, but certainly a very good set of financial results in the main. 

I remember at the start of the season reading a lot of criticism of the board for not being vocal about the club aims/ strategies etc. We must be one of the few clubs in the country that had just posted a profit. Our neighbours made plenty noise about roaring back, and ended up £400k in the hole. 

A profit of £14,969 is not shabby at all. Thanks for the info.

We are all getting older ,including Rankine/Twigg, and personally I cannot see what's in it for them. Why not enjoy the fruits of your labour while you can enjoy it.

Certainly a large villa in Spain would be more financially attractive than a football club in the Scottish first division.

I do not think that they get involved in the day to day running of the club , although he did have a say in the price that the club received -from him - in the sale of the land.

Conversely you would like to think that he would assist the club with their running costs if only to improve the clubs financial viability and attractiveness to potential purchasers.

12 minutes ago, sammytroot said:

A profit of £14,969 is not shabby at all. Thanks for the info.

We are all getting older ,including Rankine/Twigg, and personally I cannot see what's in it for them. Why not enjoy the fruits of your labour while you can enjoy it.

Certainly a large villa in Spain would be more financially attractive than a football club in the Scottish first division.

I do not think that they get involved in the day to day running of the club , although he did have a say in the price that the club received -from him - in the sale of the land.

Conversely you would like to think that he would assist the club with their running costs if only to improve the clubs financial viability and attractiveness to potential purchasers.

Nah I don't think he has much say in how the club are run and it's pretty much left to the board, but a couple of the guys from the board post on here so they can perhaps clarify that one. 

I think the current board did enquire about trying to buy them/Loraine/Rankine/Bayview Ltd out after the Lee Murray debacle but they wanted far too much money. 

Great news about Dunsmore! I don’t know when we last had a squad size with double figures before pre-season has even begun?

By my reckoning, that leaves Terry, Meggatt, Watson, Docherty, Kane, Linton and Court not signed up for next year, am I missing anyone? Who else are we wanting kept?

I’d probably only look for Meggatt and Watson to get a new deal which would give us a strong start to the squad and mean we don’t need to go panic buying, only bringing in players who would improve the squad.

Great news about Dunsmore! I don’t know when we last had a squad size with double figures before pre-season has even begun?

By my reckoning, that leaves Terry, Meggatt, Watson, Docherty, Kane, Linton and Court not signed up for next year, am I missing anyone? Who else are we wanting kept?

I’d probably only look for Meggatt and Watson to get a new deal which would give us a strong start to the squad and mean we don’t need to go panic buying, only bringing in players who would improve the squad.
I think that's spot on. Kane/Court/Docherty not good enough certainly. We want the players who are coming in to be first teamers to get a much more competitive squad. Would like the management to extend as well

3 minutes ago, 7 Eleven said:

I knew we would agree eventually. East Fife fans expectations seem to be way beyond this teams ability level. 

It's not just the expectations. It's the complaining about us playing it out from the back slowly waiting for the right opportunity. That's exactly what I want my team to do. But for some reason if we do that, it's not good enough. If we go long, it's not good enough. It's absolutely bizarre. 

I prefer us to be in control and pushing for a goal whether that means hoofing it into the box, or slow build up play doesn't worry me 

I wasnt there last week unfortunately, but I think the issue in recent week has been that after 35minutes were have usually gifted the opposition a couple of goals lead over us. The appetite for slow and controlled build up play is significantly reduced when we need 2-3 goals just to get a draw