• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

Has the manager been given a new contract for next season? Seems a bit pointless signing up all these players without him signing a contract or the club are creating the same situation he walked into at the start of last season.

Edited by 7 Eleven

15 hours ago, BetFred said:

True KK.   Was there much damage then?   I thought with it being a smoke canister rather than a flare it would have been ok?

There's no smoke without fire.

Well what a load of disappointing patronising pish that was on Sportscene, specifically playing up the "What a shock it would be if the plucky Fifers can pull off a shock here" angle, not mentioning all our Championship scalps we've taken already this season, including yesterday's opponents, a good example of lazy journalism!!!

Eta - obviously I wasn't including the Caroline and Davie segments in my rant there, it is good to see the volunteers getting some recognition, they all do a good job!!!

5 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Well what a load of disappointing patronising pish that was on Sportscene, specifically playing up the "What a shock it would be if the plucky Fifers can pull off a shock here" angle, not mentioning all our Championship scalps we've taken already this season, including yesterday's opponents, a good example of lazy journalism!!!

Our coverage was pretty poor on it tbh utter gash i still rate our wonderful media tv team, i got the feeling they all thought todays games of Talbot and QoTS and Rovers was all gonna cause 'Shocks' to only see Hibs, Heartz, Celtic, DU, Dons and only killie to go to a replay i like to add a big GIRUY to the beeb i like to say if we go out so do those that got put out they should join us but im proud we got as far as we did hopefully have a better chance of reaching some sort eh final in no better semis than playing the favourites from dingwall thats all im saying, fantastic hopefully the final aint perth but edinburgh/Livingston/Dunfermline though if we do get to our first final since the early 50s!!

18 hours ago, 7 Eleven said:

Has the manager been given a new contract for next season? Seems a bit pointless signing up all these players without him signing a contract or the club are creating the same situation he walked into at the start of last season.

As far as im aware Mr Young was handed a two year contract by the current board in July 2017 and hes three months to the end of that contract so with handful players signing new deals you would assume so.

Thanks for your email.

You will no doubt have seen the comments from Bohemians FC explaining why the announcement was made such a short time before the scheduled kick off for your match.

You will no doubt also have seen the statement from your own club apologising to fans - even though the postponement was of course nothing to do with East Fife FC.

I trust you have also now seen the statement from the SPFL explaining that Bohemians FC will be withdrawing from this season’s IRN-BRU Cup.

With very best wishes for your forthcoming IRN-BRU Cup semi-final against Ross County FC and the remainder of your Ladbrokes League One season.

Kind regards

Received this email after complaining to the SPFL over our clubs treatment in the cluster f**k cup!

ETA: None of the questions I asked were answered by the "zero fucks given" SPFL

10 games in 40 days???
Ouch!!!

Not the best scheduling but it is what it is. Hopefully we can stay injury free and will certainly need the whole squad.

Tough old run but I'm sure the lads will cope. Would be really good to get the old steam train back into service over the next month or so!!

Club get any money for being on Alba/BT on Friday? 
I'm not 100% sure but I think I remember either
A: the TV money was either put into the full pot at the start of the competition inflating prize money slightly

OR

B: its something like an extra £12k for a TV game.

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I'm not 100% sure but I think I remember either
A: the TV money was either put into the full pot at the start of the competition inflating prize money slightly

OR

B: its something like an extra £12k for a TV game.

I'll take option B please.

I'll take option B please.

Done a wee search on your behalf and found.....

Will there be extra payments if my club is live on TV?

NO. The briefing note says that, due to the increased number of live games, the SPFL board has decided "not to allocate television facility fee payments," and instead "maximise prize money"

That segment was from a piece that Colin Paterson done in 2016 when it was overhauled to the current format. I knew in the back of my mind I'd heard somewhere they'd just fired all the money in a pot.

The original article...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/irn-bru-cup-how-much-8196025

2 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Done a wee search on your behalf and found.....

Will there be extra payments if my club is live on TV?

NO. The briefing note says that, due to the increased number of live games, the SPFL board has decided "not to allocate television facility fee payments," and instead "maximise prize money"

That segment was from a piece that Colin Paterson done in 2016 when it was overhauled to the current format. I knew in the back of my mind I'd heard somewhere they'd just fired all the money in a pot.

The original article...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/irn-bru-cup-how-much-8196025

You were supposed to come back and tell me we'll be soaring up the leagues with our #fatstacks of cash ffs! Least we get about £10k in prize money for reaching this stage, according to an article from about 3 years ago...

Eta - obviously I wasn't including the Caroline and Davie segments in my rant there, it is good to see the volunteers getting some recognition, they all do a good job!!!

It is completely lazy journalism.

The Hibs v Raith game, comments were Raith were coming into this game on fine form.
They've looked at the League table, saw they were second and assumed they were playing well.

15 minutes ago, 90thMinuteDunsmore said:

Bit of a random one, But does anybody know who would have wore number 11 for us between 93-95??

Would have been the Arnold Dwarika era I would think.  Loved that guy!

ETA - I misread you there and think Dwarika is a bit late.  

Benny Andrew a possibility?

Edited by WullieBroonIsGod

43 minutes ago, 90thMinuteDunsmore said:

Bit of a random one, But does anybody know who would have wore number 11 for us between 93-95??

Gilbert Allan?

Was around but a bit too young to properly remember what all the positions were.