The East Fife Thread

Anybody know when we can expect the return of RC19???
Rory is the only boy missing atm and personally I would like to see him back before he has to return to Hertz, maybe a wee extension till the end of the season might be on the cards!!!

According to todays EFM,Rory Currie should be available for Saturday. Excellent news if it materialises.Personally i thought he was out for a further month.

Excellent news, the the three boys up front have done well without him but can't help feel we may have got something from the Arbroath game if RC19 had been available!!!

Just a thought and I'm throwing it out there for debate. but the end of our 8-in-a-row run coincided with Sparky returning to the line-up, in the four games since that glorious run, we have lost three of them and have shipped 10 goals, we only lost 3 goals during that run and that included two games against Championship sides!!!
Now, I'm not Slattery's biggest fan but I have been giving credit where it is due and I personally thought that he has been excellent during that run and am starting to think that Sparky is being shoehorned in to the starting lineup to not only Pat's detriment but to the detriment of the back four and the team as a whole!!!
Should he be at LB, he did play in midfield against Arbroath and although I wasn't impressed with him and Agnew as a midfield pairing they did kind of get better as the game went on, should he be playing there???
Basically the question is, if Sparky is fit, should he be starting and if yes he should be, where should he be starting???
I wasn't impressed with him at LB for the majority of last season and I've not seen him display anything that makes me think he should be starting in that position ahead of Slattery in the games since he came back!!!
DY doesn't change his side unless he has suffered an injury, a suspension or a defeat, well that was some defeat and collapse yesterday, I personally think we should be going back to the same plan and starting 11 that we had on the run, the same back four, the same midfield and the choice of either the battering ram or the razor front two!!!
Just a though be interested to here other opinions!!!

Bit harsh KK,sparky came on at Dumbarton wen we wer 3-0 down 

True enough and Pat had a mare, but the point that should we go back to the 8-in-a-row starting 11 is still valid!!!

Also, I'm not slating Sparky, I'm criticising the changing of the team!!!

Just a thought and I'm throwing it out there for debate. but the end of our 8-in-a-row run coincided with Sparky returning to the line-up, in the four games since that glorious run, we have lost three of them and have shipped 10 goals, we only lost 3 goals during that run and that included two games against Championship sides!!!
Now, I'm not Slattery's biggest fan but I have been giving credit where it is due and I personally thought that he has been excellent during that run and am starting to think that Sparky is being shoehorned in to the starting lineup to not only Pat's detriment but to the detriment of the back four and the team as a whole!!!
Should he be at LB, he did play in midfield against Arbroath and although I wasn't impressed with him and Agnew as a midfield pairing they did kind of get better as the game went on, should he be playing there???
Basically the question is, if Sparky is fit, should he be starting and if yes he should be, where should he be starting???
I wasn't impressed with him at LB for the majority of last season and I've not seen him display anything that makes me think he should be starting in that position ahead of Slattery in the games since he came back!!!
DY doesn't change his side unless he has suffered an injury, a suspension or a defeat, well that was some defeat and collapse yesterday, I personally think we should be going back to the same plan and starting 11 that we had on the run, the same back four, the same midfield and the choice of either the battering ram or the razor front two!!!
Well you know my feelings on this anyway, exactly the same!

Fully agree. Sparky got roasted down that left side on Saturday and doesn’t look the same player after coming back from injury. I’d hate to think that DY is shoehorning him into the side because they’re mates, but I think he certainly deserves to be dropped.

I personally think Linton (when fit) is our best option at LB and should be playing there over both Sparky and Slattery.

Fully agree. Sparky got roasted down that left side on Saturday and doesn’t look the same player after coming back from injury. I’d hate to think that DY is shoehorning him into the side because they’re mates, but I think he certainly deserves to be dropped.

I personally think Linton (when fit) is our best option at LB and should be playing there over both Sparky and Slattery.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Linton make an appearance in the cup game next week, possibly from the start, he's been on the bench for the last few weeks and hadn't made an appearance yet, DY obviously rates him as he was his first signing for this season, getting him to extend his contract at the start of last season!!!

Kind of getting away from the restart the original "8-in-a-row" starting 11 idea but if DY only mixes it up after a defeat, injury or suspension, then perhaps Linton might get a start!!!

FWIW I agree with you regarding him being our best LB!!!

Why did Liam Watt sit out?

Some of your football in the 1st half was excellent btw,  the 1st goal was a great move.

Liam sat out as DY started the game with the same 11 that played the majority of the 2nd half against Raith the previous week and which did so well and it kind of worked for 42 minutes!!!