The East Fife Thread

Well that was no good, back to earth with a bang! Dumbarton done well to turn it into an ugly game, which clearly suited them- their defence ate up all the long balls that came their way, disappointingly they won most second balls too which has been very rear for players like davidson recently. Meggatt was a big miss in central defence with the performances he has put in throughout the winning run- the left hand side of defence really struggled the whole game i felt. The positives for me were Agnew and Watson who seemed to never give up as well as Courts second half performance especially when we went to 10 men.

ah well never too up with a win, or 8, and never too low with a lose.

Hoping EF cause an upset next week!!

SS 

Just seen DY's post match interview, apparently Meggatt took a knock in training on Thursday and Currie has a broken bone in his foot which he has been playing through recently!!!

By the sound of DY interview, he's out for 2.

Fucksake!!!
Is this the return of Sparky in midfield then, pairing up with his best mate and penalty taking consultant Aggy???

What I saw yesterday was a team that needed changes even though we were on a winning streak, I thought Dunsmore last week was not his usual best, so a change there, also with Slattery I thought last week looked a bit below his usual high standard, so a change there.
Losing Meggatt did us no favours

What I saw yesterday was a team that needed changes even though we were on a winning streak, I thought Dunsmore last week was not his usual best, so a change there, also with Slattery I thought last week looked a bit below his usual high standard, so a change there.
Losing Meggatt did us no favours

We certainly have options to freshen things up. Docherty or Slattery into the middle with Linton coming in at left back.

Guys like Smith, Thomson, Bell and McBride, who I don’t rate must now all think that this is their chance to get back into the team.

4 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

We certainly have options to freshen things up. Docherty or Slattery into the middle with Linton coming in at left back.

Guys like Smith, Thomson, Bell and McBride, who I don’t rate must now all think that this is their chance to get back into the team.

Having Linton back will give us more edge with set pieces. Id have Thomson back in the mix to give us something different as well. I think DY should have played Smith from the start on Saturday, we were missing a couple of key players and he would have taken the pressure off the rest of the team. 

Interesting little stat. During the 8 game run, we only played on grass once, at Stair Park, and that was probably one of the closest. Yesterday was on grass!

We've lost more points on "Plastic" pitches than we have on grass this season!!!

Back four of Dunsmore, Watson, Dunlop and Linton at left back to move slattery back in middle for the suspeded Davidson (most likely sparky though) and recall Thomson, Smith and Court to the side for Kane, Dowds and Davidson to refreshing the side up, those would be my changes from that horror shanigans!! anyone know how long is Rory out for? hopefully back to swap pair of strikers or gives the chance to court and dowds to step up.

I was going ask the same question KK, but you’ve beat me to it its been down for a couple of days i’v noticed its probably due a update!! 

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

Anyone got any idea what's up with the Official Site, not been able to get into it for a couple of days now???

I was going ask the same question KK, but you’ve beat me to it its been down for a couple of days i’v noticed its probably due a update!! 

Bit concerning that the official site is still down with the club having to shift tickets for the raith game.

IMG_4509.jpg