The East Fife Thread

Well, where do I start after that shambles today !

Firstly, well done to the Rovers - outclassed us in every way. It was like men against boys. A tactical genius against someone out of his depth. The Rovers gain with Barry Smith was our massive loss.

Wasn't surprised we were set up exactly the same way as previous weeks but really questioned why we didn't have more strength and battling qualities in the middle. I would have thought it more sensible to try to make us difficult to break down and to shut down space in the middle of the park. Some of the managers decisions are very strange to say the least. The lack of leadership and motivation from the dugout was ridiculous. Barry Smith could be heard loud and clear giving clear instructions and motivating his players. Substitutions were strange putting on Lamont who is not one who is going to work his socks off and dig in when the chips are down. Scott Linton on the right wing - he did well when he came on and at least showed the desire required. What has Ben Reilly got to do to get a chance ? What is with all 11 back for corners ? Twice in the first half we cleared a corner but the ball was just aimlessly hoofed up the park putting the `rovers back in possession and start a new attack putting us under pressure.

It would seem that Darren Young is too loyal to certain players no matter how they are playing. This needs to change otherwise he will totally piss off those being unfairly treated. Ben Gordon showed a real disrespect to the fans at the end of the game when he's walking off the park laughing after a 5-0 defeat to our local rivals. He has obviously only signed short term and clearly doesn't give a shit about the club. We are a stepping stone for him but he will have to really buck up his ideas if he is to get back full-time. Hope Pagey is back to full fitness soon cause we really miss his commitment to East Fife. Chris Kane is another who shows the desire every time he plays and that was severely lacking today.

We were shown up today for the lack of options up front. Chris Duggan is struggling up front on his on but we are limited in the changes we can make. Dario Zannata (Hearts) Porteous (Hibs) or Lawrence Shankland (ex Aberdeen may be a few options to improve that. I know we were playing against a full time team today but the cracks are there for all to see and if they are not repaired quickly we may find ourselves struggling at the wrong end of the table.

Sore one for EF. Shocked at the score line to be honest as Darren always set up a very defensive line up for Albion Rovers- if I'm honest too defensive sometimes. Just realised recent that he is registered as a player as well which is mind boggling- he played once for us last year and was completely off the pace. Got paid a fair whack at Rovers on his playing contract as well hope EF are not making the same mistake.

Embarrassing doesn't come close to describing that today. Tactics had to be seen to be believed. How could you set up with two wide men totally isolated from the game and 2 men in the middle of the park trampled all over the top off. There was enough room in the middle of the park for Raith to drive 2 double decker buses through. It wouldn't have taken a footballing genius to see after 10 minutes that we had to get more men in the middle area to stop their supply going forward.Two full backs were horrendous and Kieran Miller had a shocker ad well. I said after the Alloa game we didn't do enough when we didn't have the ball but that was even worse today.No pressure on ball and no tackles. That pitch is terrible as well very sticky. No fight no heart no desire everything you want from your team in a derby. Add in the lack of ability to defend a cross ball and how easy it was to get the crosses in then you can see how it was 5 going on 10. Going to be a long hard season watching some of these players going through the motions .

6 hours ago, fatdoug1938 said:

Anyone from the club care to explain why there was a huge R*vers flag behind the goal?

Really!!

You got totally humped 5-0 and your concern is about a flag?

If I were an EF supporter I'd be looking for other types of answers eg. the football team you have!

Looking at our squad although it is a lot bigger than last year the balance isnt right when Kane page etc are all back add them to docherty Gordon Watson Linton dunsmore Miller slaterry  far to many defensive type players especially when young wants to play them out of position etc 

Edited by Hooper

Worst East Fife performance I've ever seen! Darren Young and players were an embarrassment to East Fife FC yesterday! That performance was a shambles for a derby! Ben Gordon needs a hard punch in the puss and can gtf! £15 to watch that? [emoji23][emoji85][emoji90]

Not being a smart arse bud but don't be so harsh on your team. We are full time and we have the best front men in this league, a result like this was going to happen at some point, they just happened to click yesterday. We'll do that to a few teams this season so don't sweat it, you guys will be in with a shout of the play offs.

Aw the best.

Not being a smart arse bud but don't be so harsh on your team. We are full time and we have the best front men in this league, a result like this was going to happen at some point, they just happened to click yesterday. We'll do that to a few teams this season so don't sweat it, you guys will be in with a shout of the play offs.

Aw the best.

I don't mind getting beat but the manner in how we went about things is completely unacceptable! Arbroath should have put 5 past us the week before and our inability to defend set pieces and cross balls was ridiculous at times. The lack of instruction from dugout was very worrying, I noticed Barry Smith was very vocal from the sidelines, continuously coaching and instructing his team throughout and that certainly helps. Take nothing away from Raith yesterday though, it could and should have been more and we were simply awful. Hoping to see some changes for our next game that's for sure. Cheers and all the best.