The East Fife Thread

9 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

ToB signed for another 3 years, to be honest I was absolutely certain Hammy would be away back to join Dick but him staying has made me think that even the players were maybe fed up of his pish.

If Hammy, Stewart, Goldie all here then imagine ToB would probably want to stay too regardless. He’d get a testimonial if he did too which is another incentive. 

Slater is signed. Murray is signed and was a McIntyre signing. McIntosh signed already. Lyon hasn’t signed and I would be happy to see him sign too.

I don’t think Gaston will be getting offered a deal so maybe him. McIntyre doesn’t seem to fancy him 

1320 litchie did Luke Donnelly not join you guys then we to to Alloa I'll take him if he's not signing for Alloa. There's probably guys that have we to other clubs from arbroath as well.

Though I like to add that the railway will be open to the public in 41 days from now so next season or in the future we get paired with Dunfermline, Edinburgh teams (Spartans and meadowBank included) or raith will be easy destination to get to and from Leven/Cameron Briggs or for our opposition teams coming, but we will have railway derby with raith if we get them again!! But the supporters bus they will be big numbers to the other teams we have to travel to ie Elgin, Peterhead etc

Next season we can't wait on train journeys following east fife....🚆

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

1 hour ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

1320 litchie did Luke Donnelly not join you guys then we to to Alloa I'll take him if he's not signing for Alloa. There's probably guys that have we to other clubs from arbroath as well.

LD is at Alloa yeah. He was at Arbroath but he left last season. 

We signed some absolutely hopeless Full Time players who come and stayed in the town, they seemed to be the way Dick was trying to go at the start of last year ( start of 2022/23 ) and guys like LD were allowed to leave by Dick. 

I think Gaston could be a shout for you especially if Rab Douglas is returning as a keeper coach. I would happily still have him around next season for us but not sure if McIntyre is keen he’s not been playing him. 

He would be such a safe and simple signing for McIntyre so it kind of feels like McIntyre has another keeper lined up. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

LD is at Alloa yeah. He was at Arbroath but he left last season. 

We signed a lot of absolutely hopeless Full Time players who come and stayed in the town, they seemed to be the way Dick was trying to go at the start of last year ( start of 2022/23 ) and guys like LD were allowed to leave by Dick. 

I think Gaston could be a shout for you especially if Rab Douglas is returning as a keeper coach. I would happily still have him around next season for us but not sure if McIntyre is keen he’s not been playing him. 

He would be such a safe and simple signing for McIntyre so it kind of feels like McIntyre has another keeper lined up. 

Gaston would be shout if Fleming is to retire at end of this current season or stay on and we probably in need of a goalie as Beveridge not good enough and Rollo a young keeper from the U20s both are mostly a back up keeper but I would keep Rollo than Beveridge but yeah feels like Gaston who done well last season being dropped by McIntyre and given we are wanting Rab in as gk coach that maybe worth a shout. Thanks litchie didn't know he was allowed to leave I did know he was there but given we recruited Lyon onloan from other dick so called clubs we may have to look at other clubs for players. But on whole interesting summer given we have failed to get a play off place again this summer.