The East Fife Thread

Since the non-obsessed but thoughtful Clyde fans have started this thread, it would be rude of us not to use it. Despite the fact that I am gutted at relegation, it is deserved, and if it helps with restructuring the club then it may be needed.

I'm happy with the players we've re-signed, very few I'd add to the list of retained players; possibly Paterson, Rooney, McBride and Buchanan at a push.

Did Smith and Rutkiewicz sign deals for next season as well?

Well might as well start:

GK:

DEF: Steven Campbell

MID: Ross Brown, Lewis Barr

ATT: Nathan Austin

Cook (Arbroath), McColm (Forfar) and Lavery (Berwick) all rumoured to have signed.

Let the re-build commence.

Its Malcolm and he's re-signed with us.

Well thankfully the curtain has finally come down on what you can only call a car crash of a season.

In all honestly I would of preferred to of been in Arbroath's position & gone down automatically, the playoffs were only delaying our relegation.

At 4:45 today feelings were quite raw & I was mainly consumed by anger at what I had just witnessed but after a few hours & a few drinks I'm already looking forward to next season. A new away trip to Annan to look forward to and some old favourites back too in the shape of Elgin & Montrose. It'll definitely be a welcome change from the likes of Forfar, Brechin etc...

I really hope Gary Naysmith is still in charge at the start of next season & with a full preseason behind him & a few signings he'll get it right. As mentioned we already it's vital we build our squad around youth with a few old heads thrown in too. Ross Brown & Lewis Barr have the potential to dominate most midfields next year & I'm glad they're both signed up. Nathan Austin is still a bit raw but clearly has talent & perhaps needs the right partner to come in for him to develop on the pitch. Id like to see Greg Paterson resigned aswel as Stevie Campbell, Scott McBride & Liam Buchanan. As for the rest I'd happily see go, I guess guys like Gary Thom, Gary Fisher & Kevin Smith would all be capable of doing a job in league 2 but again not fussed either way.

All in all I'm looking forward to a new season and a new look East Fife.

1 step back, 2 steps forward.

I don't think Lavery has signed for you yet and I'd be surprised to see him do so now. For all he's frustrating and a bit greedy, he is because he clearly believes he should be playing at a higher level. After two seasons and 36 goals in all competitions, it's fair to say he has a point and he should be able to find a League One club. The problem for him now is that with his location, the only realistic options are Stenny and Dunfermline. I can't see the latter in for him. Stenny might be a good shout but is he going to want to travel 3 times a week for training under the new regime?

I don't think Lavery has signed for you yet and I'd be surprised to see him do so now. For all he's frustrating and a bit greedy, he is because he clearly believes he should be playing at a higher level. After two seasons and 36 goals in all competitions, it's fair to say he has a point and he should be able to find a League One club. The problem for him now is that with his location, the only realistic options are Stenny and Dunfermline. I can't see the latter in for him. Stenny might be a good shout but is he going to want to travel 3 times a week for training under the new regime?

Where does he live?

Well might as well start:

GK:

DEF: Steven Campbell

MID: Ross Brown, Lewis Barr

ATT: Nathan Austin

Cook (Arbroath), McColm (Forfar) and Lavery (Berwick) all rumoured to have signed.

Let the re-build commence.

Around Jan/Feb-time it was suggested that he had signed a pre-contract with us but then Colin Cameron took over at Berwick and convinced him to stay so we won't be getting him now.

Have these lads been signed to contracts? And can anybody tell me who is out of contract now that the season is over?cheers

Pretty certain I've read somewhere that Smith and Rutkiewicz have also signed on for next season as well. The question now is whether or not all these 'signed' players will wish to stay on at East Fife. Of all the 'signed' players I really hope we can keep a hold of Barr, Brown, Campbell, Smith and Fash. I also hope we keep a hold of Naysmith and give him the opportunity to build his own team from scratch. He'll know which players are worth keeping and which players can rightly f**k off. I guess we'll find out more tomorrow evening/Wednesday morning. Whatever happens the re-building for next season HAS TO START NOW and not in a months time like what happened at the end of last season.

So based on Naysmiths interview, he'll most likely have a meeting with the board today. Could be tomorrow but that's supposedly the day they were meant to meet the players and discuss their futures so I'd imagine the managers future would be sorted before that.

Seemingly Smith and Rutkiewicz (who signed 18 month contracts in January) both have something in their contracts that if we went down they had the option to rip them up. Not too fussed for either of them doing that tbh, especially Rutkiewicz who has been a disappointment. I'd probably try to keep Smith though, I reckon he could possibly score goals for fun in L2 if he gets his confidence back.

Naysmith appears to have the full backing of Lee Murray, so I can't see anything other than us starting next season with him in charge.