The East Fife Thread

Am I the only one thinking that this week is a make or break week for the forthcoming season?

If the situations regarding Dutot, Manu, the Bouzid's are sorted our squad looks so much stronger in terms of both numbers and quality, if not then we may struggle and dare I say, we look weak.

I'll be keeping my eye firmly on the club's twitter feed with hope that come this weekend against Forfar, I'll be in a much more optimistic mood.

I'll be keeping my eye firmly on the club's twitter feed with hope that come this weekend against Forfar, I'll be in a much more optimistic mood.

I would agree with you if it wasn't for the fact we're playing Morton this weekend, you may have to maintain your pessimism for a while yet!!!

When there's a new manager and such wholesale changes in the squad, I see the early cup games as just a couple of extra, competitive friendlies. So I'm not too bothered by the loss. I agree that the Bouzids and Dutot would have made a huge difference to the team so hopefully everything can get sorted with them all quickly.

The goals we gave away were very cheap. After seeing the replays, I think Thom has to take the balme for the first one and it was very poor marking for the second but once the defence is more settled, hopefully that can get sorted. I thought the midfield three was too lightweight and surrendered the middle of the park too much. McBride especially isn't really suited to that role. A positive was Clarke and Buchanan up front. It was the first time they've played together (for us anyway) and it was probably the first time Buchanan had joined up with the squad but I thought they looked really promising and should be a very good forward line at this level.

Just seen on twitter (from Scott Inglis- East Fife Mail) that Kevin Nade has not actually left??? Anyone know what's going on?

One of the benefits of being a Full-Time Club is that meals are provided for the players by the Club Chef!!!

Going by the pictures "Wee Kevin" obviously has a good relationship with ours and is finding it difficult to leave!!!

well2.jpg

Tonight at the Nou Bayview...

East Fife 2 - 0 Celtic

Both goals scored by a trialist!!!

Aparently no 1st Teamers in the Celtic side and we had 5 Trialists and about 6 of the Under-19 lads in our side, but still a wins a win it's all about fitness and confidence at this stage of the season!!!

Tonight at the Nou Bayview...

East Fife 2 - 0 Celtic

Both goals scored by a trialist!!!

Aparently no 1st Teamers in the Celtic side and we had 5 Trialists and about 6 of the Under-19 lads in our side, but still a wins a win it's all about fitness and confidence at this stage of the season!!!

Cedric Baseya the lad that banged in the goals!

Cedric Baseya the lad that banged in the goals!

baseya.jpg

Ex- Lille, Southampton and Reading!!!

Stats here!!!

By all accounts he was outstanding tonight, lets hope we can have him signed up in time for Saturday!!!

Looking at the two pictures does that look like the same player to you???

Nose looks different, so does the hairline???

Can a leopard change its spots? Someone at East Fife seems to think so if it's correct that you're about to make our title decider next week all ticket and are entrusting us to sell tickets for the away end.

I wouldn't be trusting Dunfermline with any money.

Anyone have any insight to how many tickets we have sold for Sat (inclusive of ST holders exchanging their match voucher)

Club twitter continually promoting them.

With the Pars having sold their allocation very quickly, it'll be a shame to have empty seats in our end.

Just been down to pick mine up this morning, in fact I'm typing this on my phone outside the ground right now!!!

Anyway there is less than 100 left, so you better get your arses in gear if you haven't got them already!!!

Doubt there will be any left to buy on the day!!!

Just been down to pick mine up this morning, in fact I'm typing this on my phone outside the ground right now!!!

Anyway there is less than 100 left, so you better get your arses in gear if you haven't got them already!!!

Doubt there will be any left to buy on the day!

Good stuff!

Hopefully it's a decent game to attract some non-regulars back to give East Fife a go, other than just turning up for the Pars games and the games against the tribute act.

I