The East Fife Thread

But but...

According to the bitter wee men from Ayr and Stennie (and the odd townie fuckwit) we're a car crash waiting to happen.

They know best you know.

From what I've seen,albeit on paper, the team you are putting together is more likely to be sniffin' a play off place than involved in a car crash!!

Pat Clarke could do well for you too.....if you can afford him..... :rolleyes:

Was very sceptical when I first saw the team that was getting put together but after seeing them play I am more optimistic.Good goalie,defence looks solid and midfield are spraying the balls about,the only cause for concern for me is in attack.We lack a goal scorer and I can see us having a lot of draws this season because of our lack of bite.

Saw a reference to EF having some fulltime players... and it was mentioned again in the East Fife Mail this week or last. What's the story there - is it only a few players? Assume they're not on great wages? (though if Wullie Gray is back maybe the good times can roll?)

We have a handful of full time players and the under 19's. Wages wont be high, and the money offered to the part time players has been reduced in order to have full time players.

Good goalie,defence looks solid and midfield are spraying the balls about,the only cause for concern for me is in attack.

Er not on that performance today against Accies. East Fife looked like a team that had just met each other a few minutes before kick off in the car park. :P

Cant do much when every time we had the ball there was a real chance of our players legs being broken.Hamilton must be the dirtiest team Ive seen in years and am surprised none were sent off.If players assaulted people like that off the pitch they would be arrested .Having said that we were poor today and this might just be what was needed to bring us down to reality .........The above statement is partially correct in as much as we had six players on trial today.

Cant do much when every time we had the ball there was a real chance of our players legs being broken.Hamilton must be the dirtiest team Ive seen in years and am surprised none were sent off.If players assaulted people like that off the pitch they would be arrested .Having said that we were poor today and this might just be what was needed to bring us down to reality .........The above statement is partially correct in as much as we had six players on trial today.

Sheer seethe

Division 3 awaits.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Ah the old you play dirty defence gets trotted out. I think you will find that when race horses play cart horses the cart horses get shown up. On occasions physical but never dirty.

Race horses??? Dearie me.

Ah the old you play dirty defence gets trotted out. I think you will find that when race horses play cart horses the cart horses get shown up. On occasions physical but never dirty.

Why would race horses be better at football than cart horses?

Personally, I think they'd both be shit.

Edited by Gordon EF

We were a bit short on the attacking front so happy another striker has come in. Buchanan seemed to have lost his way a little bit over the last few seasons but still a decent player at this level. That's now K. Nade, Gormley, Buchanan, Clarke and ????? Christian Nade as our options. Not a bad choice.

Would still like 1 or both Bouzids to sign, but it has gone very quiet.