The East Fife Thread

Totally agree. Dutot looks absolute class, a great find. Even if we don't manage to sign Ismael Bouzid, the defence is looking very good. It'll be good to see what this ex-Kaiserslautern midfielder and Christian Nade look like but if we manage to sign the bulk of these trialists, I think we'll be looking on good shape.

Still early days but I'm feeling a lot better about the team having watched them play a few times. We seem to have an overall team quality rather than some individual quality like previous seasons. Big credit to the manager on that front.

Alexis Dutot is FUCKING quality. We've struck gold with this boy.

Couldn't agree more, in the two games that I've seen him in, he has been simply outstanding, hope his contract is for longer than a year, so that when the wolves come sniffing around the door at the tail end of this season, we do get something for him!!!

And also as Gordon says, even if we don’t sign Bouzid (major), the defence looks sounder than it has in a long time but if do sign him it could well be near impregnable, it could even be better than the Toro, Tweed, Smart and Cameron high benchmark that we have waited on to be at least equalled for a few years now!!!

The defence looks sorted, the midfield will be too, in my opinion, if Bouzid (minor) signs. He and Johnny Stewart seem to work very well together and he seems to have an aggression to his game that I feel is needed in that area!!!

It’s up front that needs sorted though, unless Christian Nade comes back after his long lay-off, a lean-mean goal scoring machine I really think our options are pretty thin up front, which is not a word one would normally use regarding either of the Nades’. Kevin I’m afraid doesn’t even look like a footballer to me, a heavyweight boxer yes, but not a footballer, all the players are on personnel fitness programs and by all accounts are all showing the benefits, Stoney a prime example of this yesterday with a true Captain's performance where he Literally covered every single blade of grass yesterday, something I do not think he would have been physically capable of doing last season, Kevin Nade on the other hand looked like he would struggle to cover his belly with a napkin before opening his Kentucky Bucket???

I would like to have seen Joe Jackson getting another run out, but apparently that avenue is now closed due to family reasons and we won’t see him again, Manu looks like an exciting young player, if perhaps a bit of a luxury player but is already a “Fan’s Favourite” , other than him I think we look very, very thin up front, hopefully this will be addressed in the remaining two games!!!

I mean we have still to see this Aimen Demai but as he is a Defensive Midfielder he might not be the answer!!!

But looking at the gems Aitchison and Drinkell have uncovered so far and the organised look we have on the park now, compared to the shambles of last Season, I am prepared to believe that everything is all in hand and we will be all sorted for the big Kick-off, hopefully with a 20-30 goals a season Hit-man wearing the Number 9 shirt up front in time for the Forfar Ramsden’s Cup game!!!

Do you rate your keeper from last season.

The guy you had on loan from Hibs

He has played the last 2 pre season games for Queens

He played in the game at Palmy when you where 2 goals up with 5 mins left

was not inpressd with him that day

I thought he was brilliant would of liked him to stay, some people were a fan of Michael Brown our other keeper and didn't take to Callum.

Worst haiku ever.

East Fife 0-1 Kilmarnock

Cracking goal for Killie after 30 secs, but pretty much all square possession and play-wise once we got over the shock of the early goal!!!

Mbu had another stand out game, if any Cowden fans are reading this and were at the game on Saturday, what did you think of him???

Three trialists tonight; Ranger's Gregor Fotheringham and Raith's Pat Clarke and a third, but I never found out who it was. I thought both Fotheringham and Clarke did ok, Clarke especially would be good at this level, but I honestly don't know if he is what we need, I do feel it's a goalscorer we need!!!

Anyway, defeated to SPL opposition, but we ran them close, nothing to be ashamed about, our performance was good, and I still think that all in all we look good and better still we're improving every game!!!

East Fife 0-1 Kilmarnock

Cracking goal for Killie after 30 secs, but pretty much all square possession and play-wise once we got over the shock of the early goal!!!

Mbu had another stand out game, if any Cowden fans are reading this and were at the game on Saturday, what did you think of him???

Three trialists tonight; Ranger's Gregor Fotheringham and Raith's Pat Clarke and a third, but I never found out who it was. I thought both Fotheringham and Clarke did ok, Clarke especially would be good at  this level, but I honestly don't know if he is what we need, I do feel it's a goalscorer we need!!!

Anyway, defeated to SPL opposition, but we ran them close, nothing to be ashamed about, our performance was good, and I still think that all in all we look good and better still we're improving every game!!!

Clarke would be a very good signing for East Fife.

But but...

According to the bitter wee men from Ayr and Stennie (and the odd townie fuckwit) we're a car crash waiting to happen.

They know best you know.

Classic surprised that haven't been on lately spewing their negativity

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril mobile app

East Fife for life !

I shouldn't be on the 2nd division threads I know.. But I'd just like to thank East Fife for the match. Made us fans feel very welcome. Also wished us luck for the season through the stadium announcer. Very good prices for food and drinks (compared to SPL anyway) and a decent pie aswell. Your team played and there's nothing to be ashamed about tonight, well done. I'd like to return to Bayview sometime.

They're only friendlies lads, me thinks your reading too much into them.

Fotheringham was on loan at us towards the end of last season and played at your place. I thought he looked out of his depth and was never seen again after about four appearances.

Edited by Jupiter Jazz

Friendlies mean absolutely nothing in relation to the season ahead I thought people would realise this by now? Glorified training games.

It's quite hilarious how some are still so touchy about a perfectly valid observation made by myself and others over the past few weeks.

Sorry but i think we'll surprise everyone this season.

Mbu Looks fit and won absolutely everything last night. Along side Dutot (class act) could be a very good partnership. Last night Thom came in and was good. Selection headache at the back for the gaffer! Still missing Campbell too.

There wouldn't be a better strike force than Christian Nade and Pat Clarke at this level. Except Rangers. (if we sign Clarke)

Can't see why we can't at least challenge for the playoffs!

East Fife 0-1 Kilmarnock

Three trialists tonight; Ranger's Gregor Fotheringham and Raith's Pat Clarke and a third, but I never found out who it was. I thought both Fotheringham and Clarke did ok, Clarke especially would be good at this level, but I honestly don't know if he is what we need, I do feel it's a goalscorer we need!!!

Well pleased for Joe especially after all the crap aimed at him by Stenny fans.You guys have got yourselves a cracking defender. He won't let you down.