The East Fife Thread

Full time?

He's gash as well that's him and Willis on full time deals.

Keep believing lads...

Ah, your concern is so touching my dear. I'm interested though in what is sparking your interest in what is going on at East Fife. Why does it seem to matter so much to you? Are you worried about something?

And yes we do believe. It is a long-term project and we have at long last owners who see the potential of a club that has underachieved for far too long. No-one is going for instant success and no-one has stated as much. This not about doing a Gretna, the club is in the black, is paying sensible wages and getting the community behind the club. And it's working. Local people are rallying round with season ticket sales for example already way past those of any season in the last decade.

I was going to ask about Stenhousemuir's squad. But actually I don't care (I mean who does?). Mid-table Division 2 is about as good as it's ever going to get for you lot. Unlike East Fife there is no scope for you to move forward. Enjoy your golden era as there is only one way a puny wee outfit likes yours can go. And that is down.

Edited by Dawn Aquarius

Ah, your concern is so touching my dear. I'm interested though in what is sparking your interest in what is going on at East Fife. Why does it seem to matter so much to you? Are you worried about something?

And yes we do believe. It is a long-term project and we have at long last owners who see the potential of a club that has underachieved for far too long. No-one is going for instant success and no-one has stated as much. This not about doing a Gretna, the club is in the black, is paying sensible wages and getting the community behind the club. And it's working, Local people are rallying round with season ticket sales for example already way past those of any season in the last decade.

I was going to ask about Stenhousemuir's squad. But actually I don't care (I mean who does?). Mid-table Division 2 is about as good as it's ever going to get for you lot. Unlike East Fife there is no scope for you to move forward. Enjoy your golden era as there is only one way a puny wee outfit likes yours can go. And that is down.

Well said

Sent from my iPad using Pie & Bovril mobile app

It's not well said though really is it? East Fife are going down as it stands I don't see how that's progress.

We are one of the best run clubs in the country who can offer competitive wages so the latter part is just strange really.

AS IT STANDS they have the worst squad in the league.

As I've said all along if the full timers still to come in are a bit special then they may do OK but of it's along the lines of Gormley and Willis they will struggle.

Anyone with an impartial viewpoint would say the same not yourself Antiquary you are either the new owner or am associate as you are getting very worked up.

It's not well said though really is it? East Fife are going down as it stands I don't see how that's progress.

We are one of the best run clubs in the country who can offer competitive wages so the latter part is just strange really.

so your a fortune teller / pundit in your spare time ?

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril mobile app

East Fife for life !

AS IT STANDS they have the worst squad in the league.

As I've said all along if the full timers still to come in are a bit special then they may do OK but of it's along the lines of Gormley and Willis they will struggle.

Anyone with an impartial viewpoint would say the same not yourself Antiquary you are either the new owner or am associate as you are getting very worked up.

So why should we even bother playing this season then since your expert insight obviously is spot on , I'd almost bet my retirement fund that your wrong and come may 2014 you with either be

A) Nowhere in sight

B) eating crow

C) embarrased by your preseason stupidity

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril mobile app

East Fife for life !

Why would I be embarrassed of my justified opinion at the time on an Internet forum ? I don't think you're grasping this. This forum would be a bit shit and pointless if everyone shared the same views wouldn't it?

You Fifers are precious as f**k over someone giving an opinion that doesn't play along with how great everything is down Methil way.

This is hilarious :lol:

Neilly isn't taking the piss, or having a go, he's simply stated that he thinks East Fife have built a poor squad so far for the coming season. I agree with him, based on the players you've signed the squad looks poor on paper. If an East Fife fan disagrees with this, could you please put together a half decent argument as too why you think the squad you have is better than any other team within the league? I believe Arbroath will finish 4th/ 5th this season again based on the squad we have assembled so far. This is based on our squad, and the squads of the other teams in the division at this moment in time.

How do East Fife fans think their squad matches up in comparison to others in the league?

Thing is all opinions are just that opinions.Most teams have a basic settled core of players from last season with a few additions ,we dont.East Fife have built a brand new squad from near enough scratch.Nobody knows at this time how this squad will play or gel so making predictions just now is silly.Arbroath and such know to a degree what they are going to get from their team and can make assumptions about them but to make the same assumptions about a completely new team that hasnt even played a game yet is pure folly and might just come back to bite them.

East Fife are bringing in players who have all failed at this level or even lower. The team who only survived via the play-offs is clearly much worse than it was last season and the team who finished bottom are a bit better.

Add to that your school-boy's manager, an appointment which never ever works by the way, and things look painfully bad. The only reason this has attracted so much interest was the attention-seeking of your own board. By some of your own fans own admission, the board have tried to sell season tickets on the back of their plans. They can't have it both ways now people are analysing their progress.

Nobody bears any animosity towards East Fife, it just all looks a bit terrible to the objective observer. That fact that some East Fife fans seem to view developments as particularly attractive makes it all-the-more worth watching.

Edited by Cliche Guevara

enjoying Neilly's work on this thread.

East Fife are in sore need of a bit of professional media advice. Easy advice for free though- if there's nothing to say then, er, say nothing. Even if Nuno Gomes and Christian nade do end up in the black and gold stripes the embarrassing clown-running-acrossd-a-minefield performance in the media, after the take-over, will take quite a while to live down.

The other thing to say is that any coaching team including Kevin Drinkell in its midst must be viewed with considerable scepticism if not downright alarm. Quite possibly the worst manager Montrose have ever had, certainly a toss up between him, Leishman and Tommy Campbell..

Why are East Fife fans deluded idiots?

My favourite bit is someone claiming East Fife have underachieved for too long. Does this nutter think you should be challenging for Europe or something.

Its all about exceeding potential, bit like what Cowden are doing just now.

1-1 away to Alloa this Afternoon backed by a decent Fife support!

Johnny Stewart was impressive. Breaking up play and making good passes. Scored! Dutot and Mbu were very solid at the back and Andrews made a couple of decent saves. Both Gormley and Brown caused problems for the Alloa defense.

Very decent start to our preseason against a good Alloa side! We looked fit and played some good football at times.

Andy McNeil came on as a second half Sub.

enjoying Neilly's work on this thread.

East Fife are in sore need of a bit of professional media advice. Easy advice for free though- if there's nothing to say then, er, say nothing. Even if Nuno Gomes and Christian nade do end up in the black and gold stripes the embarrassing clown-running-acrossd-a-minefield performance in the media, after the take-over, will take quite a while to live down.

The other thing to say is that any coaching team including Kevin Drinkell in its midst must be viewed with considerable scepticism if not downright alarm. Quite possibly the worst manager Montrose have ever had, certainly a toss up between him, Leishman and Tommy Campbell..

I dont think we need advice from Montrose about being successful :lol:

Liam Gormley and Emanuel Semmedo signed yesterday according to our official twitter.

Great news on Liam. Not much information on Semmedo except he's a defensive midfielder.

Saw the one about Gormley, but where did you see anything tweeted about Semedo???

The Everything's Rosey Side;

Good start today, we looked quite comfortable on the ball and competed well against a decent Alloa side, but I do think there is more to come from this East Fife side, we definitely need a bit more experience through the whole spine of the team another couple of players, especially up front and I think we will be good to go!!!

The Pinch Of Salt Side;

It was only a pre-season friendly after all, not always a good idea to read too much into these games!!!