The East Fife Thread

Airdrie are set to sign Darren McCormack. I know he's a defender but where specifically does he play and most importantly is he any good?

To put it briefly, he plays centre back and can play full back. Poor defender who thinks he's better than he actually is.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

We played him in centre defence and full back,cant pass and his first and only thought is to punt the ball any where,cant tackle to save himself and was a big part of our defensive frailties last term.

Unless there are 2 or 3 quality signings (not bog standard second division) this squad looks destined for a 9th or 10th finish.So far the actions do not support the rhetoric.

What rhetroric would that be,Only thing our chairman has said was he would like to finish about 6th.

Mbu is the real quality signing I expect a massive club like east fife to make. Board really splashing the cash on brilliant players.

Shambles

Some bitter fans on this thread lol

Airdrie are set to sign Darren McCormack. I know he's a defender but where specifically does he play and most importantly is he any good?

Usually centre back but can play full back or centre mid. Not a bad player but was prone to the odd horrendous mistake. A terrible short back pass under no pressure against Cowden, resulting in a goal and losing us the game, and letting a Forfar player past him, running back and chopping him (giving away a penalty and getting sent off), costing us the game, spring to mind.

About our squad. So much will depend on the remianing players we bring in. But I agree, we need to make some very good signings now to give me confidence that we won't be stuck in a relegation battle. There are obviously question marks over Mbu's legs. If he can get back to near the kind of fitness and conditions he was at with Cowden, I'm really happy to have him. It's a risk though. People will say McManus is finished just because he struggled with injuries last season and never really got back to his best. Pretty ridiculous IMO.

I must admit to being totally underwhelmed, if not worried, at our squad so far.

However, if these guys are what we can afford and we're living within our means then that's fine. The players and manager will get my full support and I live in hope that they'll surprise me.

One thing I am pretty unhappy with though is all the nonsense about Nacho Novo, Utogan internationals, and Christian Nade signing (which he hasn't). The new people in charge need to learn that they can't increase their popularity by pretending to be linked with players, they can only do that by bringing success and stability.

I don't think fans appreciate being lied to and it was clear to most that a lot of this was pie in the sky from the start. If we're going to be fighting a relegation battle what was the point in it all?

I don't think fans appreciate being lied to and it was clear to most that a lot of this was pie in the sky from the start. If we're going to be fighting a relegation battle what was the point in it all?

What exactly have the board lied about?

So Smith and Brown are liars?

Did Christian Nade tell him he'd already signed too? Because he still hasn't.

Sounds like it! Christian is signing when/if he proves his fitness.

what's your problem can't you let them get on with building a squad instead of coming on a thread a moaning, wait until they have a squad then moan if your not happy!