The East Fife Thread

Nade got a great write-up from Sheffield United fans when he signed for Hearts and started well in his first few months. He's actually got very good ball control and dribbling ability. He scored a decent amount at first as well. Unfortunately his horrendous lack of fitness/weight issues in the rest of his time at Hearts meant he showed these qualities a lot less often. That exposed his complete lack of positional discipline as he no longer had the mobility to make up for it. It wasn't as if he missed sitters all the time; he just never got himself into scoring positions. There were also reports that he'd regularly smash the ball into the top corner at training but that never translated onto the pitch for whatever reason.

f**k knows what his fitness is like just now but I can't imagine it's going to be better than it was when he left Hearts. Even so, I'd imagine it won't be exposed as badly as it was in the SPL and in terms of ability he'll still be a class above most of the league.

The 2nd division's going to be interesting next year anyway. arry.png

Since leaving Hearts in July 2010, he has made a mere 11 appearances for Alki Larnaca, scoring once, and 6 games for a team from Thailand scoring 4 goals. I dread to think what his fitness will be like just now, if he was terribly unfit during an SPL season with Hearts, he will be a disaster having played less than 20 games in 3 years. hmmmmm....

Seriously, some of the comments in this thread.

East Fife are not going "full time", we already have "full time" under 19's and this is what the tweets were referring to. The best of these players will no doubt be introuduced into the 1st team playing beside more seasoned pro's.

Is going full time that pie in the sky? East Fife are surely one of the biggest part time clubs in the nation and have a great history. With the Dunfermline and Sevco gates next season there will be a lot of income.

Have you seen the finances of first division teams? Of course it's pie in the sky - It's completely unsustainable.

We think what was meant is that when it was said that we were going Full-Time was that the youths that are at the club and are already Full--Time will become part of a Large 22-30 Player Squad and that a few other expeirienced pro's (say haqlf a dozen) may be offered Full-Time contracts, this is where Murray said the Player Budget will be similar to last season, but it will be spent on quality!!!

From what I understand the remainder of the squad will be made up of young talent from abroad, no doubt using Drinkall's Agency contacts!!!

The 2nd Division is shite though and given he is pretty good with the ball and shooting if he can get the ball and beat a few men then top c it he wont have to run very much.

I widnae craw as your heading for the lower divs lol

seriously, who the feck is your new manager & why are you letting Kevin Drinkell anywhere near your club? This can only end in tears.

Ex cowden and Hearts youth coach. So whats Drinkell been upto lately, must admit its a while since i heard his name mentioned.

The retention of Brown and Gormley baffles me. Bit part players in a poor side last season.

Glad to see McBride, Campbell and Durie have (apparently) been offered deals. I'd like to see us have kept McCormack and either Sammy or Shagger upfront as well but the boat seems to have sailed on them. Barr should have been offered a deal as well IMO but on reduced terms.

Mentioned above that we seem to be looking at players that Willie saw during his time at Hearts (Nade and Bouzid).

Gordon Smith, Michael Stewart and the VERY controversial Craig Thomson all free agents this summer...