The East Fife Thread

The Word on the Street from the Biggest Team in the Division!!!

Well our Scottish Second Division Season 2013-14 campaign is off to a flyer, in as much as we are actually IN the ScottishSecond Division for Season 2013-14, but that's about it!!!

Other than that, it is a mystery down Bayview way, we do not have a single player signed up for next season, in fact we're not even sure if we are going to have a manager in place, with Mad Bill refusing to comit one way or the other regarding his footballing future, is he staying or has he got other places to be and " 'hings tae dae"???

You may think I'm being a bit premature putting up a post like this, but this situation is exactly where we were at this time last season and it continued in to the start of the season proper, with only nine signed players, early exits from two cups, a shite start to a League campaign that never really got any better finishing with a arse-twitching visit to the Play-Offs!!!

We must be better prepared for next season, or are we just awaiting our orders from Almondvale???

Edited by King Kebab

It goes without saying that we've got to sort the manager situation as soon as possible. If the board want Billy Brown for next season then we've got to get a decision from him quickly. So whether it's Brown or another manager, they've got enough time to get a sqaud together and we don't leave the players we want to keep hanging around and possibly going to other clubs.

I know some folk have talked about having a clear out but I don't think that's neccesary. There's quite a few players I'd want to keep but it's clear we need to strengthen in some areas. We absolutely don't want another situation like this season where we've barely got a full squad by the time theleague starts and we've got no players in some positions. We've pretty lucky that Craig Johnstone turned in some great performances at left back and Scot Durie remained injury free as I think we started the season with only one recognised full back.

Well as it stands we do not have a single player signed up for next season, so if it Mad Bill for 2013-14 he will have no excuses!!!

But perhaps he doesn't fancy the "having nobody else to blame" option!!!

Edited by King Kebab

So far, the word on the street is that Div Muir, the man who, in my opinion anyway, single-handedly lead and carried us through the Play-Offs with his amazing display of effort and commitment is buggering off to Canada!!!

Thats the first hole to be filled!!!

So far, the word on the street is that Div Muir, the man who, in my opinion anyway, single-handedly lead and carried us through the Play-Offs with his amazing display of effort and commitment is buggering off to Canada!!!

Thats the first hole to be filled!!!

A bit harsh, but whatever floats your boat.

A bit harsh, but whatever floats your boat.

You should always break your goals into Supportive Goals in order to make them achievable!!!

Word on the Street Day 2...

According to East Fife Chairman Hissing Sid Collumbine, Billy Brown WILL be the East Fife manager next season!!!

No excuses Billy!!!

image.jpg

Edited by King Kebab

As somebody whose 66 posts in 7 years have been mostly Livingston orientated, perhaps you can use your connections and tell us!!! ;)

I can only think that Neil didn't fancy it and told his puppets that that was the case!!!

Also after Monday's emergency Boarrd Meeting a statement was released by the club confirming Mad Bill is here for another year, at least!!!

“We held a board meeting on Monday night at which Billy agreed to stay for another year.

“We didn’t have to use a lot of persuasion but there was just the usual discussions over what his budget would be for next season and what he would have to spend.

“Billy has decided on the players he would like to keep and those he will be letting go and he wants to deliver the news personally before we tell the press.

“He is going on holiday shortly so he will be speaking to the players as soon as possible. Billy’s decision to stay will hopefully bring a bit of managerial stability to the club.

“I am sure if we had been relegated he would have walked away as he would have been disgusted that we hadn’t stayed up.

“So we are delighted he will be staying and will have the opportunity to build his own team next season,”

As it stands at the moment, we do not have a single player signed up for next season and no players on existing contracts carrying on into next season or beyond!!!

The rumour is that all of the 2012-13 Squad were asked to hand back all their kit (or be fined from their final wage packet), all we have are the Under-19 Squad and the Youth Teams!!!

It is already confirmed that Div Muir has left and is off to play in Canada, the rest of the players are either waiting to see what happens or are off trying to find new Clubs, it's a pretty sorry state of affairs at the moment tbh!!!