The East Fife Thread

9D76F14C-7BBC-4CD8-B5CD-D844F11E7B33.thumb.jpeg.11ea209476605dd57aae6044f5232a00.jpeg

and also the return of the long forgotten Mikey Cunningham who was at Cowdenbeath on loan last season and is still under contract for next season!!!

Fleming

Murdoch.     ???     Page.     Newton

Walls.    McManus.   Trouten.  Healy

Schiavoni.    Shepherd

Subs:

Beveridge, Millar, Slattery, Cunningham, Murray, Rollo 

Steele is offski, Denham is injured so no team is committing to signing him until he’s fit again and Omar remains part of the squad and has been invited back for pre-season as he returns from his long term injury!!!

Lucas Williamson and Adam Mansouri have been released!!!

Its a good start, a good squad, now needs some quality signings, definitely need a couple of thirty goals a season hitmen and a couple of centre halves and that would go a long way towards our Title attempt!!!

Sad to lose Steele & Denham, but all in all a great days work. Bayview must be a happy place these days that so many want to stay.

I only hope Murdoch, Trouten, Slattery & Fleming have another season in them & the manager has got all of these calls right.

I think my overall review of it is "fine". It's good to keep the core of the squad together, and very happy not to be in the position we were in last year scrambling around for players. Few of the extensions raised the eyebrows but hey ho. Losing Steele is a shame, of all the players in the squad he's the one we'd have at the top of the list wanting to keep a hold of. I think if we're going to compete at the top end of the league next season we'll need to make at least 4 or 5 quality signings before we consider the loan market. Looking forward to seeing who we have lined up next week. 

1 hour ago, Big Fifer said:

I think my overall review of it is "fine". It's good to keep the core of the squad together, and very happy not to be in the position we were in last year scrambling around for players. Few of the extensions raised the eyebrows but hey ho. Losing Steele is a shame, of all the players in the squad he's the one we'd have at the top of the list wanting to keep a hold of. I think if we're going to compete at the top end of the league next season we'll need to make at least 4 or 5 quality signings before we consider the loan market. Looking forward to seeing who we have lined up next week. 

What is a quality signing ?  Is he a player who could hold his own in Div. 1 or maybe even the Championship but decides he wants to play in Div 2 ?  We have had a few good loan signings and a few decent players coming through the U20s.

Now let’s list the quality players we have signed in the last few years. That wouldn’t have taken long. Not through a lack of effort or ambition but because quality players have been snapped up before they need to consider Div 2.

Success will come from what we have, maybe another couple of good U20s, loan signings and several new signings who will have been targeted as being able to fit into the style of play the manager wants.

With respect to all the resignings so far, I worry that the manager has been said on other forums by fans of previous clubs that he managed to have been guilty of hanging on to players too long. Is he making that mistake here. Depends on who or if there are any more signings to come. It has been hinted at on the website but the powers that be have been known to tease us fans and not deliver

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Steele any use?

Would definitely wanted to keep him. You get 100% effort from him but does make the occasional gaff. Strong in the air and gets a goal now and then but overall strong in the tackle. Why are you asking, are you in the running to get him.

10 minutes ago, WhoAmI said:

Would definitely wanted to keep him. You get 100% effort from him but does make the occasional gaff. Strong in the air and gets a goal now and then but overall strong in the tackle. Why are you asking, are you in the running to get him.

Think he’s signed 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Think he’s signed 

Played right back for us recently but wouldn't fancy him their against better opposition. More suited to right side centre back, very right footed.

He's strong and brave but lacks pace and still learning, prone to a gaff occasionally.

10 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Steele any use?

Young player we had for two seasons, gives 110% plays mostly centre back but very useful at right back. Solid player and good at long throws into the box. Came to us after been freed by st Johnstone and signed permanently.

16 hours ago, Beachcomber said:

Played right back for us recently but wouldn't fancy him their against better opposition. More suited to right side centre back, very right footed.

He's strong and brave but lacks pace and still learning, prone to a gaff occasionally.

Certainly doesn't lack pace. Hes meant to be our fastest player😆