The East Fife Thread

36 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Balde made a good start but he’s got a whole lot to learn. Big potential there though. 

He’s played as a holding midfielder for us, was he not out wide for you? 

Yes but was clearly a more central player. He was great at driving forward so another holding player beside him would be effective.

22 minutes ago, The Marly said:

How has Alex Ferguson done for you lads?

Alex has loads and loads of potential. Not surprised he has been given a contract extension. I know he is playing in the second division but if I was East Fife manager, he would be one of the first names on the teamsheet come matchdays. I’m sure we will see him one day in the St Johnstone line-up.

On 06/04/2023 at 03:06, WC Boggs said:

It does seem to strike with awesome dependability.  

I've spent the last week or so praying for Darren Young to win it. How does he keep avoiding it? Forget Kai Fotheringham's skill, Dale Carrick's goals or Blair Currie's heroics in recent weeks. Avoiding the manager of the month award is the real reason you lot are where you are!

27 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I've spent the last week or so praying for Darren Young to win it. How does he keep avoiding it? Forget Kai Fotheringham's skill, Dale Carrick's goals or Blair Currie's heroics in recent weeks. Avoiding the manager of the month award is the real reason you lot are where you are!

There is a deep suspicion that he earned his coaching badges at Hogwartz, where he learned the secret of the elixir of avoidance.

On 05/04/2023 at 17:50, WhoAmI said:

Alex has loads and loads of potential. Not surprised he has been given a contract extension. I know he is playing in the second division but if I was East Fife manager, he would be one of the first names on the teamsheet come matchdays. I’m sure we will see him one day in the St Johnstone line-up.

Alex Ferguson has been the best and most consistent player this season for Fife. Reminds me of a Murray Davidson at Livingston many years ago. If he fills out a bit I can see him in your first team.

14 minutes ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

anyone know who’s signed up for next season or we waiting in hope we cinch a play off place.

Glad east fife will be playing in stripes again for next season.

According to transfermarkt, only Fleming, Walls, and Schiavone are contracted beyond May 2023. Although I'm not sure how accurate that is.

2 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

According to transfermarkt, only Fleming, Walls, and Schiavone are contracted beyond May 2023. Although I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Even at that is a great platform if we are to remain in this league but you never know. our aim is play offs do we want go up not too bothered I rather win games of football and chance win the whole thing see how greig puts his team together in the summer will be interesting. That’s true not too sure either.

3 hours ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

anyone know who’s signed up for next season or we waiting in hope we cinch a play off place.

Glad east fife will be playing in stripes again for next season.

Your new strip looks quite decent (surely with white shorts), but £30 to have your name on it? Fine if your surname is Venegoor of Hesselink, but you'd feel a bit ripped off if it's Lee.

2 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

I've a bad feeling that leaving just 3-4 weeks to get people to sign up to have their name on the kit will result in much lower numbers than anticipated. 

Wonder what happens if there's not enough, could the use a larger font size?