The East Fife Thread

10 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Fantastic turnout for tonight's meeting. Let's hope something positive comes from this.

Disappointed that I couldn't manage last night. Do you know if there's somewhere I can see the minutes of the meeting? Or even just a brief overview of what was discussed? Cheers

There now appears to be a desire from Bayview Fife to sell their/his shareholding in EF . ie 102,768 shares out of Total Shares of 195,572. Bayview Fife hold 52.55% of shares. ie the land within the perimeter wall and the first 30 yards (quoted Eugene) outwith the ground. That is what Bayview Fife wishes to sell. It is NOT the land between  the 30yards and what used to be the fence at the former Power Station.

The days of individual owners owning clubs and hoping to make mega bucks from their ownership are long gone-certainly in Scotland. eg St Johnstone, Dundee, and Dundee United are currently up for sale. Community ownership is the way forward with clubs like Stirling Albion now being fan owned. Moreover the fans consortium would have access to funds from the Scottish Government by way of a loan which would require to be repaid.

It should be pointed out the price which Bayview Fife wishes is NOT KNOWN. There would have to be negotiations between both parties.

I would guess that there may have been approx. 100 people attending  the meeting .Certainly the majority appeared to be fans although there may well have been members of the Community in attendance.  The majority view , in my opinion, was to proceed with discussions.

There were forms available to all attendees asking questions like eg 1.would you like to be considered as a future board member  to join the committee bringing any skills you have   2.would you be willing to support the take-over by way of monthly contribution or perhaps ad-hoc 1 off payments or both. 3.help with fundraising 4.

being involved in negotiations with the current owner.

Apparently the average monthly amount pledged by fans of other clubs was 25GBP. Some paid 1 GBP whilst others paid more. Someone from Partick Thistle eg pays 50000GBP per year.  

Again no money was mentioned by way of the amount Bayview Fife wants or indeed the monthly amount which individual fans could offer.

Irrespective of the amount pledged each fan would have the same voting rights ie 1 vote.

EF Supporters Trust is to communicate with members in the next few days presumably asking -do you wish negotiatios to commence?

Is it a coincidence that since Pat Slattery returned to the starting line up 3 games ago, EF have picked up 7 out of 9 possible points, with 2 of those games against the top 2 teams?  Now I know PS is not everybody’s cup of tea as an attacking force, but he certainly puts in a shift every game and apparently has helped shore up the midfield. Long may he keep his starting position and things continue like during the last few weeks.

37 minutes ago, Exiled Fifer said:

Is it a coincidence that since Pat Slattery returned to the starting line up 3 games ago, EF have picked up 7 out of 9 possible points, with 2 of those games against the top 2 teams?  Now I know PS is not everybody’s cup of tea as an attacking force, but he certainly puts in a shift every game and apparently has helped shore up the midfield. Long may he keep his starting position and things continue like during the last few weeks.

Hear, hear, well observed. 

Quick historical question…looking into a 14 August 1971 match at Starks Park, and wondering what kit East Fife would have been wearing. Raith would be in their Cobalt blue early 70’s tops, but I can’t find either East Fife’s 71-72 away strip or if they might have played in the Gold/Black. Thanks.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Quick historical question…looking into a 14 August 1971 match at Starks Park, and wondering what kit East Fife would have been wearing. Raith would be in their Cobalt blue early 70’s tops, but I can’t find either East Fife’s 71-72 away strip or if they might have played in the Gold/Black. Thanks.

Pretty guaranted, unless of a colour clash, clubs would wear home kits in every game in those days. Ours was an all yellow affair with a black collar & effc lettering instead of a badge.

www.historicalkits.co.uk is a great place to waste time reminiscing old kits.

Just now, Life on Marrs? said:

Pretty guaranted, unless of a colour clash, clubs would wear home kits in every game in those days. Ours was an all yellow affair with a black collar & effc lettering instead of a badge.

That’s what I was checking, but I couldn’t see the away option. Thanks, looks like that game is ruled out.

3 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Yellow???