The East Fife Thread

2 hours ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

I guess the signing of Agnew and loan of Quinn is all we’re getting in January… the reality of downhill continues I guess?
Tired Britney Spears GIF

We can loan players in February so still time 

6 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

So Scott Mercer has signed for Edinburgh (City).

Opinions please gents?

Flatters to deceive!!!

Good stuff, we have now got 4 “central defenders” and no goal scorers. Looking on the bright side we can draw all the rest of our games 0-0 (as long as we don’t concede any corners, free kicks and cut off high balls over our defenders heads, in fact if we brick up our goals…………).

7 hours ago, Sunshine Fifer said:

How old is Pagey now ? I have no clue why wouldn’t prioritize a forward that can score rather than a CB when we already have a few ? 

Desparation springs to mind. Standby for more loanees from St Johnstone who mostly bring nothing!

38 minutes ago, Taxi41 said:

Desparation springs to mind. Standby for more loanees from St Johnstone who mostly bring nothing!

I agree. Looked poor in a poor Clyde team couple of years ago. We've had some quality loanees from Hearts last few seasons, where is that connection now?

I hope McDonald isn't going with Page and Quinn. Slowest defence you'll ever see. 

Never seen such a poor East Fife team.

10 hours ago, GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa said:

I agree. Looked poor in a poor Clyde team couple of years ago. We've had some quality loanees from Hearts last few seasons, where is that connection now?

I hope McDonald isn't going with Page and Quinn. Slowest defence you'll ever see. 

Never seen such a poor East Fife team.

I'm not so certain clubs will want to send their decent talent to us. Playing in a poor side with poor management fighting relegation. If we do get anyone it will be players they are looking to shift or release like what we've got this season. 

On 31/01/2023 at 21:25, King Kebab said:

DB76D0B1-03BA-47DA-8133-7477C03ECA34.thumb.jpeg.e2ddc89bc124ea73dd11b32779036eb0.jpeg

Cant believe we paid a fee for him!!!

Whilst scanning much of yesterday, hoping for a signing, resignation or even a sacking, thought this was a wind up, or a least, with wearing the old kit, maybe a mistakenly read old post. Cannot believe this is the best we've managed to come up with.

Did well previously & is very experienced, however is someone who played for Brechin when they lost the pyramid play off and played the first half of the season in the Lowland league the experience we are after?

Gladly be proved wrong on this, but we appear utterly clueless. Only loanees or free agents left for us.

I'm working Saturday morning but, if finished early enough was considering taking a run through for this, then I discovered entry is ticket only......WTF??

Eighteen quid itself is a ridiculous price for this level of football to start with but, why the hell do a club in the basement league feel they have to make it eticket entry only, totally disuading the casual fans who may decide to take in a game at the last minute, on a whim type thing, we are talking about East Fife here, not fucking Real Madrid.......

Can't get my head round that, why would you put off folk who might just decide on the day of the game to go to the match by not having cash turnstiles, it's fucking East Fife for fucks sake...  why do they need to have ticket admission only, digital or otherwise 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♂️.

Imagine an old guy, without a smartphone or internet access turning up to watch the match only to be told no and he has to walk away, farcical. 

Between that and the extortionate admission of 18 pounds I genuinely wonder if they actually want people to attend their matches, absolute minter. 

Would be genuinely interested to hear from anyone here the logic in this and the opinions of the locals on both the admission price and the etickets only policy.

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

I'm working Saturday morning but, if finished early enough was considering taking a run through for this, then I discovered entry is ticket only......WTF??

Eighteen quid itself is a ridiculous price for this level of football to start with but, why the hell do a club in the basement league feel they have to make it eticket entry only, totally disuading the casual fans who may decide to take in a game at the last minute, on a whim type thing, we are talking about East Fife here, not fucking Real Madrid.......

Can't get my head round that, why would you put off folk who might just decide on the day of the game to go to the match by not having cash turnstiles, it's fucking East Fife for fucks sake...  why do they need to have ticket admission only, digital or otherwise 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♂️.

Imagine an old guy, without a smartphone or internet access turning up to watch the match only to be told no and he has to walk away, farcical. 

Between that and the extortionate admission of 18 pounds I genuinely wonder if they actually want people to attend their matches, absolute minter. 

Would be genuinely interested to hear from anyone here the logic in this and the opinions of the locals on both the admission price and the etickets only policy.

Agree completely with you, even if it became a bit if a rant! You can pay in cash at the office & get an eticket. Turnstiles are ticket only. Club dont publicise this, guess to avoid being inundated. Would suggest you turn up early for this and have time to enjoy a pint in our upstairs lounge.

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

I vaguely remember Peterhead implemented something like this years ago as the turnstile operators were on the rob, pocketing cash, 😂😂.

Is this behind this move at New Bayview?

Can't say ive ever heard anything along those lines.

I do think the general move towards a cashless society is due to a mistrust of the ordinary  worker handling money though. Which is why I fight this where possible, I will be using cash at Bayview on Saturday.

13 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

The world has moved on even if old duffer football fans haven't. If you have a mobile and a bank card you can get an online ticket in two minutes, it's really no more hassle (I'd argue less hassle) than finding a cash machine to lift 20 quid before going to a match. The "some old guy without a phone" line gets trotted out all the time, but realistically how many people are actually in that bracket? It'll be low single figures at every ground in the country. By all means moan about the price because it's a joke at this level, but their actual ticket process seems absolutely fine to me - buy online or at reception on the day if you're a complete diddy who can't conplete an online transaction.