The East Fife Thread

1 hour ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Was using that they were amateur status before lord glasgow made them what they are today and that other teams with ambition have by-pass us ie Cove Rangers and Kelty.

I’m not sure I’d call chucking ungodly amounts of cash trying to climb the leagues “ambition” tbqhwy.

50 minutes ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Mr Mayor Waiting GIF by NBC

Agnew in we still need few more bodies or recall Higgins until the end of summer would be ideal.

our form still honking but…

Unless he chucks it again of course... 

In all seriousness though I wish him well. I'd imagine he still has something to offer on the pitch at that level, although fitness might be an issue for a while. Hopefully he's the first of a few signings to get you kicking on a bit. 

13 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Unless he chucks it again of course... 

In all seriousness though I wish him well. I'd imagine he still has something to offer on the pitch at that level, although fitness might be an issue for a while. Hopefully he's the first of a few signings to get you kicking on a bit. 

I imagine it’s until end of season and probably Darvel will want him considering it’s nearer home in the future reason he left the first time supposedly did he not? And ended up at Starks park via Airdrie.

24 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’m not sure I’d call chucking ungodly amounts of cash trying to climb the leagues “ambition” tbqhwy.

But since chucking cash to climb the leagues I was on about where those clubs were and were in L2 now because they have overtook us. but anyhow I know what your trying to get at me at.

4 minutes ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

I imagine it’s until end of season and probably Darvel will want him considering it’s nearer home in the future reason he left the first time supposedly did he not? And ended up at Starks park via Airdrie.

I think he would have done well for you as manager when you gave the job to the current guy (can't remember name and am lazy) as far as I know he left us due to us being ft and his own business interests conflicting. No idea on the true reason though. Just put him on free kicks and you're sorted. 

3 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Agnew could be a reasonable signing, could be another Trouten, who knows. Hopefully that's the first of three or four. 

He was absolutely fine at Airdrie last season, although occasionally struggled in games where we didn’t dominate possession. He’s not the player he was, we had him sitting very deep just in front of the centre backs and he rarely crossed the halfway line. He did a pretty underrated job of just keeping things ticking over and recycling possession, we’ve lost a ridiculous amount of goals this season from just outside the box which never happened with Agnew sitting there. Who knows how not playing for half a season will have affected him but having seen East Fife at Dumbarton recently, I think his calmness and experience will be a good asset. My main concern would be if he still has the legs for playing for a team who don’t have the ball most of the game.

8 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

I wasn't serious mate. The guy has a rep for being poison in the dressing room that's all. Hope for Greig's sake he's already gone, or getting released.

No worries, thought you'd got a retro "Guess Who" for Christmas and were pushing it's purpose to the extreme! 

Agnew is the sort of player and character we’ve been missing all season. Think of when we had our best periods in league 1, we had 5/6 leaders on the pitch. His set pieces are always dangerous and if we use him similarly as to how he played at Airdrie then he’ll be able to provide a bit of protection to the CBs too. Hopefully the start of a few new faces in to turn fortunes around

14 hours ago, Mr November said:

He was absolutely fine at Airdrie last season, although occasionally struggled in games where we didn’t dominate possession. He’s not the player he was, we had him sitting very deep just in front of the centre backs and he rarely crossed the halfway line. He did a pretty underrated job of just keeping things ticking over and recycling possession, we’ve lost a ridiculous amount of goals this season from just outside the box which never happened with Agnew sitting there. Who knows how not playing for half a season will have affected him but having seen East Fife at Dumbarton recently, I think his calmness and experience will be a good asset. My main concern would be if he still has the legs for playing for a team who don’t have the ball most of the game.

I doubt he will play a defensive midfield role as we have Miller who's arguably been our best player this season. I do wonder how that then leaves room for both Trouten and Agnew playing together. We usually dominate possession with no end product which will suit Agnew but we will see how it goes.