The East Fife Thread

Well, my informers tell me that Raphael Benitez is the Chairman’s favourite, followed by Arsene Wenger but the real dark horse appears to be Steve Bruce who just managed to get his application in before the deadline.

Draw your own conclusions but Geordieland is nearer to Methil  than Spain or France for comuting, saving a bit on travel expenses.

LOL

15 hours ago, Exiled Fifer said:

Well, my informers tell me that Raphael Benitez is the Chairman’s favourite, followed by Arsene Wenger but the real dark horse appears to be Steve Bruce who just managed to get his application in before the deadline.

Draw your own conclusions but Geordieland is nearer to Methil  than Spain or France for comuting, saving a bit on travel expenses.

Well I have drawn my own conclusions and binned your inane response 

LOL

Well I have drawn my own conclusions and binned your inane, totally unfunny response. Suppose there is always one who tries to be funny. God loves a trier.

14 hours ago, GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa said:

This wait for an announcement is getting painful.

Think it's better to take our time than to rush into things (i.e. Crawford). Perhaps McDonald has applied for the top job himself, and is being given a couple of weeks to show what he can do and see how the players react to him? I'm OK with that. 

As long as we avoid Scott Agnew. That appointment would make zero sense to me. 
McDonald, I suspect would be the 'money-saving' option. Wouldn't mind bringing Naysmith back, only as long as he REALLY wants the job. 

28 minutes ago, monthefife said:

Think it's better to take our time than to rush into things (i.e. Crawford). Perhaps McDonald has applied for the top job himself, and is being given a couple of weeks to show what he can do and see how the players react to him? I'm OK with that. 

Or, no decision will be made until chairman returns from his holiday.

2 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Surely after today (and last week) Toro has done himself no harm at all in perhaps getting the job!!!

Two wins against teams that are struggling I would rather hold off and go with someone that has experience, I’d prefer a tandem of Gary and Kev to be honest 

Two wins against teams that are struggling I would rather hold off and go with someone that has experience, I’d prefer a tandem of Gary and Kev to be honest 
Without getting too carried away, we have played both these teams already, and honestly didn't deserve to take anything, but sneaked 3pts late on against Forfar.
Now roll forward 2 months, and we have deservedly beaten both . That is a massive improvement. G M has the team, and now the fans believing, that's some turnaround.
I'd still hold off making a decision untill 5.00 next Saturday, to see how we do in the Cup. c93f60efba4cbc425578e8ff81b0c9ad.jpg

Not sure what experience Kev has , to be honest. What is apparent is that the players are performing under Greigs stewardship. Ultimately up to the BOD but in my opinion there has got to be a degree of continuity involving Greig.Whether that involves Grieg as Manager or Assistant Manager is up to the BOD.

That’s a big 3 points against a side that bodied us last time around. The last couple of wins will have certainly helped McDonald’s chances, but I’m still not sure if he’s the right choice. The board have a very difficult choice to make and have to make it objectively.

There was a game defining moment just before half-time when Sam Denham put in a quite magnificent tackle on the Bonnyrigg number 4 as he looked set to pull the trigger. 

If we had given ourselves a two goal deficit to overcome we would have possibly lost that one. 

On 19/10/2022 at 08:19, GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa said:

Do we have any buses going to Stenhousmuir or just away games in general?

Train it is. Thanks for the feedback! I remember when we had a regular supporters bus and young ones were always encouraged to come along. Changed times.

Train it is. Thanks for the feedback! I remember when we had a regular supporters bus and young ones were always encouraged to come along. Changed times.

There’s a bus that runs to every away game & it’s full for today. Details of any available seats are posted on the club website, social media & newsletter.

2 hours ago, LauraEFFC said:

There’s a bus that runs to every away game & it’s full for today. Details of any available seats are posted on the club website, social media & newsletter.

Can't find a single thing. Nothing on the website whatsoever and nothing on the FB page?